shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

The best two are:

"Yeah I hate it for Japan but remember those idiots started World War 2"

and the one saying Japan deserved this for nuking pearl harbor.

People need check their history and I'm pretty sure being nuked was payback for pearl harbor.

And for all the fucking halfwits who believe this tsunami was cosmic 'payback' for Pearl Harbor, didn't we -- the U.S. -- drop a couple nukes to end the war in the Pacific theater? (overly simplified, I know.) Were I the type to keep score, I'd probably say that those two bombs and the horrific damage they caused sorta evened things up. But I don't know, I'm just an ordinary, well-educated, lucid guy.

i think his point is the hypocrisy/futility of believing in gods plan, but praying for him to change it.

To reiterate this post... Yes that is the point of JELLYJIGGLIN's post.

JELLYJIGGLIN posted this on fb to troll the shit outta people( which worked: it incited a dumbass argument with 15+ people on his status/thread).

He meant this post more along the lines of actually DOING something(donation text to Red Cross) rather than just praying.

I hate this shit because he posted this literally when the first few hours the world starting "praying for Japan"... And did not give any regard to the current situation.

Troll shit like this gets people VERY incited and pissed the fuck off(like what I accidently did and was misunderstood.)

No, I don't believe this is God's Plan, and no I don't think this is some retribution for Pearl Harbor.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

I'm as ardent an atheist as anyone, but if a religious impulse compels people of faith to take real action in attempting to aid relief efforts in Japan, who am I or anyone else to judge them or their motivations? Obviously, there are some people/groups/organizations willing to exploit a tragedy like this by seeking to establish a foothold in a region or nation rendered vulnerable by a devastating event such an earthquake, tsunami, etc. But, while cynically noting that reality, its important to recognize that it is going to be real, tangible aid in the form of money or "boots on the ground" that will do the unfortunate people in affected areas the most good, not prayer. I was speaking with my brother who is a firefighter, and he told me that a number of local departments are sending men and women to help the Japanese. At the risk of sounding schmaltzy, events like the one thats caused so much destruction in Japan should bring people together, whether they be religious or areligious, with the simple goal of helping the folks directly affected by what OAS1S aptly describes as an "unspeakable tragedy." Its fucking sickening that so many deluded cocksuckers are holding this up as "God's will" or part of "God's Plan." Try telling that to someone whose entire life was wiped out by the tsunami. Like most all of you (I hope), I'm outraged by the "well, God is simply paying those sneaking Japs back" sentiments that are floating around out there on the fringes. I understand that there's an important distinction to note between the "God's will" sentiments, and wildly misguided "God hates the Japs" invective, I just feel that God -- however you personally conceive of him, her, or it -- should be left out of situations like this.

to the first bolded part, when I posted it I was really referring to people that were saying "praying for Japan" - same people that believe an omnipotent god controls our fate and causes shit like that to happen. So if god caused it to happen, why pray against his will? I thought he had a perfect plan? and if it wasn't him causing the earthquake, why didn't he stop it (10k + people missing/presumed dead, outrageous to say any loving god would allow that level of suffering)? And with regard to the "mysterious ways" explanation, why pray for Japan when god sent earthquake in first place?

people that are saying "paying japs back for wwii" aren't even worth time discussing

and to the second bolded part: why leave god out of it when the people posting shit like that brought him (her???) into it in the first place? when I posted that shit I only intended to troll the noobs that would easily fall into that debate, (nevermind the fact that I am a super selfish, insensitive person that would exploit tragedy to troll many). hella Christian ppl I knew (and liked) 'liked' my post, made me feel kind of bad, but at same time was fairly satisfied by the responses

ex:

how are you by any means superior when you challenge the beliefs of others. Athiests and agnostics act like smart asses but its immature as fuck. If you dont believe in something then dont ridicule people ...if you dont agree with their beliefs.

2. (10) post

HEY GAIS WAT THE FUK Y U ARGUIING MAKE ME SAD THIS IS ALL PART OF GOD'S WILL OKEI DONT ARGUE JUST PRAY PLEASE ON SUNDAY THEN WE ALL R GET FORGIVE ND LIVE HAPPY. ACCEPT GOD INTO UR LYFE ND EARTHQUAKE DOESNT HAPPEN OKEI?!

GOD SED BIBLE NOT LI......E ND BIBLE SED GOD NOT LIE SO GOD NOT LIE OKEI? NICK U BAD GAI ND NOT PRAY ND LYKE GOD SO HE SEND TSUNAMI

someone woke me up with a call

"hello?"

"hello"

*long silence*

"...yes?"

"who is this?"

"well you're calling me, who the hell are you?"

"is this... 905 579 7054?"

"no dude. you got almost every digit wrong. goodbye"

i could've dialed my number more accurately smashing my face on my phone 10 times

to the first bolded part, when I posted it I was really referring to people that were saying "praying for Japan" - same people that believe an omnipotent god controls our fate and causes shit like that to happen. So if god caused it to happen, why pray against his will? I thought he had a perfect plan? and if it wasn't him causing the earthquake, why didn't he stop it (10k + people missing/presumed dead, outrageous to say any loving god would allow that level of suffering)? And with regard to the "mysterious ways" explanation, why pray for Japan when god sent earthquake in first place?

people that are saying "paying japs back for wwii" aren't even worth time discussing

and to the second bolded part: why leave god out of it when the people posting shit like that brought him (her???) into it in the first place? when I posted that shit I only intended to troll the noobs that would easily fall into that debate, (nevermind the fact that I am a super selfish, insensitive person that would exploit tragedy to troll many). hella Christian ppl I knew (and liked) 'liked' my post, made me feel kind of bad, but at same time was fairly satisfied by the responses

ex:

how are you by any means superior when you challenge the beliefs of others. Athiests and agnostics act like smart asses but its immature as fuck. If you dont believe in something then dont ridicule people ...if you dont agree with their beliefs.

Right. I wasn't at all referencing your post, comments, or particular stance, but it does appear that we're in agreement on this one. The "God's will" and "mysterious ways" rationale always make me laugh a little. If you believe in God and the infallibility of his plan, you must necessarily accept the means by which he/she/it sets about executing that plan, regardless of how shocking or painful the results are. To question "the plan" itself or whatever forces your God employs to actualize it, is tantamount to accepting that it was and is flawed, and therefore the product of a peccant, or at least peccable, God. But if God is 'truth', as Christians are desperate to prove through interpretations of the texts/documents at the center of organized church doctrine, any perceived misstep would force believers to renounce him/her/it and all his/her/its work. As Richard A. Ostella of the Westminster Reform Church explains, "God is logical because He is truth. If there were contradictions in God's knowledge, then some of His knowledge would be false, He would not be the truth, and He would not be God."

When I suggested that God and religion ought to be left out of discussions like this, I meant the larger discussion, and not the one taking place here in this thread. Its fair to discuss some of the warped comments being made, and absolutely necessary to criticize those who would appeal to the "God's will is to punish the Japanese for Pearl Harbor" argument. The only reason anyone is examining the religious wrinkle to this story is because immediately following anything as horrible as this most recent earthquake/tsunami, morons and misguided halfwits -- by no means all religious people, but rather a disproportionately tiny percentage of the world's religious community -- end up speaking for, and subsequently representing, the more rational, albeit quieter majority. Its unfair to lump sane religious folks in with the dangerous ones, but I don't think anyone is doing that. Well, maybe some are doing that. I get the "praying won't help the people affected by this tragedy" sentiment, but if an individual cannot offer monetary aid or time/energy, I see nothing wrong with his/her saying a prayer. No, as an atheist I don't think this does any real, tangible good, but I can't imagine a scenario in which a prayer is harmful to the relief effort either. I'm not condescending to the religious. I'm simply reacting to the adoption of an insensitive, counter-productive stance on the part of fucking idiots who happen to couch their arguments in overtly religious language.

^ worst is when some bitch you don't talk to anymore keeps calling you every week and saying they thought you were another guy because he has the same name as you, or when you keep getting stupid relationship argument text messages (or any text messages) because you have the same name as that person's bf

shit i hate people jabbering on and on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and onand on and on about religion and how their fucking useless oppinion is worth 2 shits

FUCK