|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

f|.| | ∩  ∩|..| |.|

|: :: ! } {! ::: :|

ヽ ,イ   ヽ  :イ

the US has some of the slowest internet around, in general.

http://whoareamericans.com/2007/12/05/world-broadband-internet-speeds/

it blows. and, of course, japan has the fastest.

wow that blows. no wonder i cant connect to any of my friends in japan...

still when you connect to british hosts they lag the shit outta you

Kisses on the cheek -

The other day I went to the post office. I was shipping a guitar and had a huge fuckin box. On my way in I held the door open for some really hot older woman. Somehow this woman recognizes me from somewhere and does the kiss on the cheek thing? Talks to me the whole time waiting in line and after listening to her for like 10 minutes I finally figure out that she's my mom's friend who I haven't seen in like 10 years.

Kiss on the cheek was maddd awkward. I hate it. Hugs are fine

^that is the worst..

as far as hugs go I was never really a touchy feely kinda person except with love ones but after awhile I got used to hugs and kisses from casual friends and aquiantances

the boob grabbing thing I haven't quite got used to but it only happened once.

fuck yeah, fuck shepard fairey.

THANK YOU. I was going to ramble on about him but I decided to cut it short. I'm sick and tired of his WAY TOO EASY fantasy-land-communist-make-believe-it's-not-authoritarian gimmick. All I ever see in his work are the typical scapegoats and typically pristine figureheads. His work comes across as naive and forced. Very phony. Shallow. I've been talking a lot about brainwashing and stuff like this is a perfect example of lame propaganda that passes as art.

the boob grabbing thing I haven't quite got used to but it only happened once.

I hope you admire my work...

I got into an incredibly retarded conversation with a friend about Obey/Fairey. I said I generally don't like his aesthetic and that instead of being consistent it's tired and derivative.

In response he said Fairey is awesome because he's a former graffiti guy who does HUGE stuff and still does it as "bombing". When I questioned the merits of why that made the aesthetic any better, he questioned where I learned about graffiti or art. I fought the urge to sucker punch him in the throat.

Anyways, to sum up his thesis, the point of graffiti is to get your name out and get famous thus Obey is awesome. To this day the conversation makes me want to cleanse him with fire.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

There are legions of acclaimed "artists" and "intellectuals" who simply pander to an audience with a predetermined gimmick in order to find "success." It actually works. He plays a straight left card. His work is predictable and lacks depth.

Many pander these predetermined gimmicks because their initial intent was never to express ideals true to themselves, but to conform their massive egos to the ethics an audience that will accept them.

This allows sub-mediocre talent, like Fairey, to find great success and exposure in the cultural "highstreams." Especially among very brainwashed collage students.

people who instantly jump into YOUR conversation when they've been playing the background the whole time ear hustlin.

people who wait for the day that the "layoff" is coming to your company..

if you go to work everyday fearing that you'll be cut then jump the fuckin ship early and beat them to the punch if you know that your not going to make the cut..

for fuck sake.