Snow Gear - Ski, Snowboard, Alpine

Brienneoftarth

• 2 weeks later...
Help! My deck is separating. Has this happened to anyone before? What should I do?

I have never owned a snowboard, but this happens to skis all the time. It is called delaminating. Sometimes because of something you did, but sometimes because the ski was not made properly I am sure.

I do not think you would get it warrantied if it is well used, but may as well try.

A good shop may be able to epoxy it to get a few more days out of it.

^^CO2's are tha shit... straps on those things are so comfotable.

and for whomever was asking about the fit on the AK stuff... its way bigger than the rest of the burton line, designed for layering. size down one and youll still fit comfortably/baggy into it

• 2 months later...

Heading to Argentina and from the advice from this thread thought I would pick up a Holden jacket.

Holden is bounds beyond what I expected. Got the Holden Burnside for $83 (TruSnow has it for $108, down from $300. Just create a new account and write a review for an unreviewed product, and you get a $25 off of $100 coupon), and have to say that the jacket is dopeness.

Tons of adjustments for a more personal fit. I like the sleeve cuffs the best; fully adjustable and it retracts. The use of magnets on one of the chest cargo pockets is nice too. Definitely more snowboard friendly then my Arcteryx Alpha SV. And in terms of fit and style it blows my 3L Burton AK away. Usually a medium for Burton, but since last season Burton has been fucking up the sizes big time; way too loose and baggy. Holden has a more "sophisticated" fit, and will be appreciated by the older crowd.

If anyone knows about cheap Heli deals PM me. 8 hundy per person is straight killer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

cant wait to see the new holden in person.

in NZ here were a season ahead but theres only one shop thats got holden and its mostly girls shit... and its way overpriced here for everything (ex. $1000 for a skatebanana)

that chord airblaster looks dope, even though i dont like airblaster too much... mix of kids in pure neon and that stupid leg pouch thing they made.

also the first holden in black, and the one with the shoulder strap things, and the one with the top part chord.

hard out.

i'm just here for their season... been out since beginning of may come home in about 3 weeks.

Been such a dope season here so glad i came.

And yea i say you could make some decent cash doing that if you bought last seasons shit from somewhere cheap like the snowboard show only problem with that is the stuff'd be 2 seasons old once you get it to NZ cause they're a season ahead.

I'd say you could prolly get the trip paid for... but it'd take a fair bit of ground work i'd think... and you'd have to come out beginning of June just before the snow falls.

It could definitely be done though. I'm thinking of selling off some Sabbath's I got at the beginning of last season and never wore cause they're too stiff but i think i could get about what i paid for them... worn a few times. May be hard now cause its coming to the end of the season.

My buddy from Denmark was so stoked that he got the skatebanada and some flux bindings out here for $1500 ... he said he's gonna ride it here this season, head back to denmark and sell the setup there for double what he paid... and whoever buys it off him will be stoked cause htey're getting a good deal compared to Danish standards!

Crazy shit.

Haaaaaa.. that's fucked ... you'd need a solid group buy to ensure you're making money, which I would have laid the foundation for if the group of guys i knew down there didn't spend their summers in mt hood and shit.

If i knew anyone from Denmark or anywhere else in europe i'd probably get something together over there, it's like 600 to denmark, not 1600 - 2000 for oz/nz ...

Actually shit, I have cousins in denmark ... but i dont know them, cousins in sweden too but they too young to slang shit.

• 4 weeks later...