Snow Gear - Ski, Snowboard, Alpine

Brienneoftarth

i got holden jacket and pants from like 2 years ago, rockin it again this season.

Also got an analog and StussyXPenfield puffy's for the cold days.

Picked up the 08 Option dufficy this year from the option rep got burton cartels on it with Sabbath boots for riding and Ion's for jibbing.

Goin to pick up a XXXL XLong tshirt for some gangster steeze before our next session.

hey i was wondering about the fit of holden... i wear a north face hard shell in large, should i stick with large in holden as well?

oh and illspent, goretex is great for wind and precipitation. u should definitely try on as many goggles as possible so that u know which fits ur face best. just try to get stuff that will keep you dry and wear a few layers instead of a big heavy jacket.

Volcom Ledger Pants

Various Jackets (Lots of Burton)

Burton Custom 151

Burton Custom Bindings

Burton Emerald Monogrammed Boots

judging by your equipment list, I'm guessing you probably suck at boarding

insider tip: burton is highly frowned upon, as it is the go-to gaper gear of choice. if you don't know what a gaper is, you probably are one

[/elitist snowboarder]

I love my BOA boots, so convienent, I strongly recommend them for anyone. Also, make sure you wax your board, we went out last night, it was -15 and man made snow, and was so sticky. It was brutal.

Anyone have any iron recommendations?

i don't think irons matter at much as the wax itself. any iron should be good, i've even seen people use household irons.

[/elitist snowboarder who dresses like a skier]

fixed

asdfasdfasdfasdf

touche

to be honest, shitty snowboarders piss me off more than shitty skiers, so I don't mind rocking the ski gear apparel. i dislike "snowboarding" in the same sense some users here already described (ie: wearing a full shaun white burton suit when you can't even ollie, or carve, or stop). i'd rather ride with skiers because they are generally faster

also, i wear my boots loose. can't stand that tight shit. gotta be just tight enough so your heel doesn't lift. gotta wear them loose so i can get down in mah gangsta slouch to shred the gnar gnar and stomp the freshies. wide leg stance. leave no turn unstoned. chuuuuutch

anyways, back on topic: i need to purchase the following at the end of this season:

-new powder board 158/159ish in length

-more base layers

-new Swany gloves

-new goggles

-maybe some new boots

you should all check out Swany gloves. they are awesome. my old pair that I lost were beat all to hell. repaired with electrical tape. still kept my hands toasty and dry

x01_0.jpg

Goin to pick up a XXXL XLong tshirt for some gangster steeze before our next session.

Right on, usually I rock an XL Champion crewneck and XXL tee. I usually buy my equipment a size bigger, in my opinion it's more comfy baggy.

I use,

Burton 2006 Seven, 154.5

Burton 2007 P1-SZs

Burton 2007 SL-10s

Analog jacket/pants, I.S. goggles, then some Burton Liftline gloves.

Right on, usually I rock an XL Champion crewneck and XXL tee. I usually buy my equipment a size bigger, in my opinion it's more comfy baggy.

I use,

Burton 2006 Seven, 154.5

Burton 2007 P1-SZs

Burton 2007 SL-10s

Analog jacket/pants, I.S. goggles, then some Burton Liftline gloves.

yea man... when i look down and see baggy'ness it makes me feel like doing some gangster shit.

when i see everyone behind me trying to keep up it makes me feel like doing some gangster shit

same... except usually im going to fast to do anything too gangster

i keep my shit mostly to rails but i never lose a race.

this is the holden suit in effect at a new 'urban rail park' downtown toronto

scaffolding set up mad high, right on the water, dope view for photos.

n1666050001_6666_9816.jpg

Regarding irons:

You can really use any iron you choose. One without holes is preferable. If you want to spend the money and get a real ski/snowboard iron, all you are getting the benefit of is more precise temp control that helps if you are waxing for performance (ie Downhill skiing in the Olympics).

If you are not waxing for performance, but just to keep the base moist and in good shape, then I would choose to spend 15 rather than 100 dollars and get any old household iron.