Snow Gear - Ski, Snowboard, Alpine

Brienneoftarth

I need new pants this year. Does anyone know of anything good in a snow camo pattern? I'm going for the 1999 look.

Otherwise I wear supreme beanies, oakley A-frames, and an Arc'teryx Theta AR.

Also given that this is superfuture, is anyone here riding a Shorty's snowboard? I have a feeling someone is.

I need new pants this year. Does anyone know of anything good in a snow camo pattern? I'm going for the 1999 look.

Otherwise I wear supreme beanies, oakley A-frames, and an Arc'teryx Theta AR.

Also given that this is superfuture, is anyone here riding a Shorty's snowboard? I have a feeling someone is.

i got the banana skate last year. it takes a rday of ridign to get used to but after you can just press any box/rail. its so soft. and the pop is amazing. fattest airs. magnatraction so you can't fall. its just super slippery on boxes.

defiantely planning on getting the new one this year yellow/black size 148

i got the banana skate last year. it takes a rday of ridign to get used to but after you can just press any box/rail. its so soft. and the pop is amazing. fattest airs. magnatraction so you can't fall. its just super slippery on boxes.

defiantely planning on getting the new one this year yellow/black size 148

Anyone heard of Atmosphere outerwear?

I think its out of Oregon from their shop.

If anyone can do it i want the Thrilla jacket in red and Large

Thinkin about rockin it with washed out (not super dark) camo bellbottom'ish type snowpants

Lol, after like 7 years the dudes actually made outerwear. Last years stuff wasn't of the highest quality, but this is a legitimate rider driven underground grassroots shred company.

thx for the replies guys.

i haven't read anything about the banana apart from your comments above actually. i've been riding japanese resorts and its pow with a burton custom for a few years now. would a banana be a bad replacement? i do pretty much everything apart from boxes and rails (bad experiences).

oh and..

1) any comments on comparisons of gnu vs lib tech (both being owned by the same company?)

2) forums with good discussion/ info on gear, esp boards bindings etc?

I'm looking at the following boards. The Never Summer boards have the new rocker and magnetraction tech. Glowing reviews for 09.

Never Summer SL-R

Never Summer Evo-R

K2 Darkstar

Ride DH

I'm looking at the following boards. The Never Summer boards have the new rocker and magnetraction tech. Glowing reviews for 09.

Never Summer SL-R

Never Summer Evo-R

K2 Darkstar

Ride DH

I swear by Never Summer. Amazing quality boards. Smoothest, dampest ride, but a little on the heavy side.

I still have my SL from several years back, 04 or 05 I believe.

it's irrelevant for me to post here cus i'm a girl and all the fellas are posting their gear, but i'm just so excited for the season! Bought my pass already and i can't wait.

board.jpg

05 burton feather

07 lexa bindings

07 mint boots

time for a new setup this year. still feel like a newb since i've had this gear since i started. but it's hard to part with this board since it's so light and i'm use to it. well i atleast new boots cus the burton speedzone lacing is crap. it get's loose pretty easily. i tried on a pair of 32's earlier this year and liked them. so i was thinking of buying a pair this year. anyone know how their boa system is? or should i just stick with the traditional boot?

and can't forget to look good so i was thinking of getting

holden fawn pullover

089Fawn.black_tomato.left.jpg

or holden go lightly

089Golightly.Black_black.h.jpg

• 1 year later...

My set-up:

Burton 09 Custom

Burton 09 Cartel

Burton 09 Ozone

Burton AK Cyclic JKT

Burton AK Cyclic Pants

Burton AK mittens

Burton Hi-Fi Helmet with earcandy earpads

Anon Realm Goggles

pretty stoked

the crisp cool air in the morning is already reminding me of winter. can't wait to get on a mountain, I won't be buying any new gear this year except for boots. any recommendations? i've been using Salomon F20's for the past 2 seasons and would like something similar, maybe a hair stiffer

Here's my setup for now:

DSCN9820JPG.jpg

- atlas shoes

- Burton Driver X Boots, stiffest soft boots out there

- Illuminati Howard 169cm, a now-dead local manufacturer up in Wyoming

- Union forces

- my resort board is an Arbor Roundhouse 159 with Burton CO2 binders

for outerwear I have stuff from Holden, Airblaster, some subdued Nomis, Vans, Analog, and Atmosphere. Wayy too much outerwear considering I don't even live in the mountains...

if you ignore their streetwear I think atmosphere has the best shit out there this season, their cuts have a classic snowboarding feel, and they don't care about the attention-grabbing trendy stuff that is going on. even airblaster came out with skinny pants this year, that kinda bothers me.

any recommendations for a rather soft freestyle board?

What are you used to riding?

my favorite soft board this year is probably the Never Summer Evo. Their tech is great and their boards are super-durable. But I just like how a NS rides.

For super-soft stuff, i always hear good things about signal.

Also, the obligatory rec: skate banana from lib-tech, but those things only have enough life for one hard season. they are fun though.

i've ridden lot's of no name and low end boards till last season. i would ike to buy a board that will last me at least 4-5 seasons. considering the fact that i will be snowboarding (maybe) 2 weeks each season.

so yeah i do a lot of freeriding and some park stuff. i'm very experienced (12 seasons) if that's an issue. but i basically have no idea about gear...