WELCOME NIKETALKERS

KING CHOCOLATE

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lurrrj is some good stuff.

but i personally break the trend and own absolutely nothing from them.

I had some Phat Farm when it was one store in soho.

I had some bape when it was three white guys saying it was cool.

Do I think any of those trends are any better than anything else going on now? no. It's all alot of bigger heads telling everyone else whats up.

So take your APC, and love it, thinking you are tottaly original and cool.

But just as long as you don't look down upon any "great" other label that has gone from underground to superstardom.

Yeah.....I'm that Swoshmn

it's safe to say a large number of us visit both boards but i STILL like to separate the two. NT is the mass-commercial crowd. face it, everyone and their moms is on NT. it's only good for two things: 1) sneaker info/release dates 2) entertainment.

supertalk is where i can escape all that hypebeast crap. the resellers, the hype, the selfishness. most of that didn't exist here because supertalk's audience was generally more mature and serious than NT. heads came here because they took fashion a little bit more serious than the average person. lately, it's not like that... and you know what? it sucks to know that some NTers have left the supertalk door open for the hypebeast ants to discover.

Edited by sr20det on Aug 9, 2005 at 06:20 AM

The problem is, we can keep it at a okay level by letting the good posters stay, but we could keep it at an amazing level by moderating it.

Someone should do something...

And besides, A.P.C. is HORRIBLE quality, but that is not at all what the brand is about. Who was the idiot who proclaimed otherwise? Oh yeah, selvage = not quality, neces. Their clothing is 99% crap.

MAD YOUNG MAN

I have to disagree with you there (I've always found APC to make great quality basics) but putting that aside for the moment...the number of times APC is mentioned in this thread and others as being the 'Superfuture brand' is a little odd to me anyway. Sure their jeans get talked about a lot on here, but it's only because they are great value for money as far as dry selvage denim is concerned. Jeans aside, I doubt you'll find very many Superfuture regulars talking about anything APC does.

Yeah, you're right.

I think its below-average basics. Like, a lot of the knit-wear and so forth is really just thin, badly woven cotton. Nothing to be proud off. Not saying it is the worst ever, but it is quite horrible. Pick up some italian manufactuerer brands if you like quality for fair pricing, what APC does is simply a producing a chic/casual product line which is more about simplicity than quality.

MAD YOUNG MAN

Quote:

The problem is, we can keep it at a okay level by letting the good posters stay, but we could keep it at an amazing level by moderating it.

Someone should do something...

And besides, A.P.C. is HORRIBLE quality, but that is not at all what the brand is about. Who was the idiot who proclaimed otherwise? Oh yeah, selvage = not quality, neces. Their clothing is 99% crap.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Aug 9, 2005 08:53 AM

what the fuck?

tally-hoo

Quote:

Yeah, you're right.

I think its below-average basics. Like, a lot of the knit-wear and so forth is really just thin, badly woven cotton. Nothing to be proud off. Not saying it is the worst ever, but it is quite horrible. Pick up some italian manufactuerer brands if you like quality for fair pricing, what APC does is simply a producing a chic/casual product line which is more about simplicity than quality.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Aug 9, 2005 09:10 AM

What do you think about their jeans?

I bought the APC Rescues after reading the APC thread and I can't say anything negative about them. Then again, I don't have the vast denim knowledge as others do on this board.

Quote: I think its below-average basics. Like, a lot of the knit-wear and so forth is really just thin, badly woven cotton.

Haven't really looked at the knits, but their shirts, jackets and coats (and jeans) are cut and constructed extremely well from good quality material. I'm wearing one of their poplin shirts at the moment (granted, that's one of their 'other lines' so may not be from the same production as core APC) and it's got everything I would look for: great material, well cut and constructed with a high stitch count. It's not a luxury good, so I'm not expecting it to be as well made as Jermyn St. bespoke or to have design qualities of something from say Martin Margiela or Commes Des Garcon...but for under $100 it'd be difficult to find better.

Wow jjs really showing the NT haterade. There is nothing really wrong with matching as it's your own thing and that's what separates NT from ST. I think most people on ST have varying styles because the fact that people here dress according to their own "steez". Tell the average NTer that "dunks are out" enough and he might get rid of his whole dunk collection. Personally I could careless if 15 yr old NT'ers hype and rock APC. Imainge a short kid with tight jeans, dunks, and a XL LRG tee on. I'd sure like to see that icon_smile_evil.gif

Regarding APC's quality...it's okay. I bought a pair of bermuda shorts on sale and I couldn't imagine paying more than the sale price for them.

I fail to see how I've been hateful about anything in any way. I look at the stuff in this site, and in posts like the bathing ape one and I can't eevn see how you'd say that if you were speaknig any type of truth. I think ya'll whole little anti-bape crusade is the epitome of the Nt stupidty that its claimed ya'll want to avoid, which is pretty hypocritical. I find it funny I neevr feel the need to try to degrade anything I don't like or that doesn't interest me and yet I'm a hater, wierd

as far as everything else I've said those are my predictions, all I can say is see what happens. You have kids bouncing around between here and NT bragging about their APCs and you think its not gonna permeate, then so be it, I just have my own view about how these things spread, but like I said before watch and see.

i have some apc and they fit wondefully

this thread is pointless, i cant tell wheether its turning into an apc hate thread or a NT hate thread

but how about we throw away the Hate, and just accept that fact that

A FORUM IS PUBLIC DOMAIN, PEOPLE CAN COME ADN GO AS THEY PLEASE REGARDLESS OF THEIR BACKGROUND, IF SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM THE MODS HANDLE IT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS AND WILL ALLWAYS BE.

chwa?

• 4 months later...

Since this is the first welcome thread I found (too lazy to search), I guess i will introduce myself here. I'm from Hawaii and although we got some good shit here when considering the hypebeast sneakerhead culture, hawaii for the most part is stagnant in fashion. I been lurking superfuture for longest time when supershopper was 4 pages long and had the only dior homme thread. I guess I can say a lot has changed.

As for niketalk, I remember finding that place six years ago when someone posted a niketown.com link for the last remaining spacejams. I give my thanks to that person who posted the link. Its unfortunated that Niketalk is now a rancid shithole. I can honestly say that I never visted the site for about 3-4 years. I gave in a few months ago. icon_smile_sad.gif

• 1 month later...

damnit! i left niketalk a couple of months ago!

dont' worry about niketalkers coming over here, most if not all are into clothes as much as they are into dope shoes. Most of these people on niketalk are resellers. they don't care about shoes nor expensive ass denim.

fyi - just copped a pair of nudie dry orange selvedge bjorn borg jeans for $170. woohoo!

lurking on and off for a long time.....i had to register since (SEE MY SIG).

anyways, Niketalk retro is BS now and Ningyoushi ditched their board.

so here i am...never knew who actually bought visvims.

someone took my niketalk name here.