Best Polo

Co.jp

I have been searching around for the best type of polo shirt to buy, no specifally the most expensive. Can we have a debt on the best polo tees. I've had a few RL polos and Lacoste but after a year wear there done with. Can anyone put me on the right track!!

ive been wearing fred perry's for almost 2 years now wash after wear each time they stay in shape and the color doesnt fade.. love them make sure you get the m12 made in england ones..

ive been wearing fred perry's for almost 2 years now wash after wear each time they stay in shape and the color doesnt fade.. love them make sure you get the m12 made in england ones..

yeah the english ones rule. my favourite polos, by far.

I have a few Ralph Lauren custom fits. Black, white, and blue. You can get them on sale from the web store at the end of each season.

Fred Perry's are probably the only other polo I'd wear, but they seem to call for a certain style/outfit. RL polos are always classic and easy to wear with anything.

I like the Le Tigre fit much more than either Lacoste or RL (I own all three). Lacoste and RL are both too short and wide in the torso, whereas the Le Tigre torso is longer and more slim throughout.

Still need to check out Fred Perry myself.... but I've also heard good things about J. Lindeberg's polos.

Edmond, you wash your shirt each time you wear it? Anyhow, the England ones may not fade, but the Portugal ones sure do.

yeah very humid country here.. need to wash every time i wear it..

I like the Le Tigre fit much more than either Lacoste or RL (I own all three). Lacoste and RL are both too short and wide in the torso, whereas the Le Tigre torso is longer and more slim throughout.

Still need to check out Fred Perry myself.... but I've also heard good things about J. Lindeberg's polos.

"Custom Fit" is RL's version of slim fit. I usually have to size down once as well.

yeah very humid country here.. need to wash every time i wear it..

People don't wash their shirts after each time they wear them??? :confused:

I really like Lacoste's slim cotton/lycra polo's...they fit my bodytype very well. I also like John Varvatos' USA polo's...although I don't own one yet, but I would like to.

well when your here in manila. you should.. hehe the pollutuion and heat here is really something only in the philippines.. but when im in hongkong a shirt will last me a week..

Fred Perry made in England polos have a great fit. Skip the portugal, HK and China ones as they all fade after a while.

Where are the CDG versions made? I bought one cheap off Yoox a while back...the colour has held up well, but I noticed that is has a small hole in it now. (I do wash it after every wear..but no drier).

And I've found that Lacoste shirts hold up pretty good...as long as they stay away from the drier. I've had some for a few years now that still look decent.

how about the best fitting but also the cheapest. if they dont last a year it wont really matter cause they are so cheap.

the best fitting ones ive found locally are the mossimo ones at target. better fitting than BR, gap,express, polo,le tigre, ect. penguin is the next runner up for fit. for sure.these ones start of long but shrink up really nice http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Pique-Polo/dp/B000SMRZYY/601-5921209-2161759?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1

the ones with the crappy flimsy collar have a better fit. this is the only mossimo item that ever has fit me well.

Penguin's sizing is off... they are slightly smaller than marked (a large fits more like a medium). I also find that my Penguin polos fit shorter in the torso, maybe partly due to the flat bottom hem (no side notches).

On a related note, I like how the hem of Le Tigre polos are the same on both sides of the "side notches," whereas RL and Lacoste have a longer back hem than front. I realized that traditionally the longer back hem was for tucking the shirt in, but I prefer a more modern, slimmed down silhouette instead of the short wide torso. Then again, I'm a skinny fuck...

(I believe RL's "custom fit" addresses this issue.)

P.S. I own around 4 RL polos and they all fit differently, despite being marked the same size. I've had to shrink some in the dryer, while I only hang dry others.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread because I need a plethora of polos for work.

I rotate between RAF, APC or Agnes B, but want more variety. Might want to buy from Tomorrowland or Sunspel. Also considering Uniqlo, how good's the quality?

I can swing with Fred Perry but my personal taste is not so skin-head or mod, more like modern prep/ivy league.

Gimme suggestions. No RL or Lacoste thks.