Martin Margiela Vagina SS2008 Paris

t0m

Okay, we get it, its a comment on celebrity with the recent wave of (no) panties-shots, revealing clothing and even the anonymous bar added on the eyes to drive the point home. Right now I'm not thinking much of this, too easy and direct...

haha funny thing is that i bet 75% of the people didn't ^

Isn't that the same % that can't place their own state on a map?

Just kidding, we read different symbols differently but as you get to know the emitter better you can sort of circumvent where he's going. Margiela is thinking about american current day mythology way more than you'd believe at first glance.

Okay, we get it, its a comment on celebrity with the recent wave of (no) panties-shots, revealing clothing and even the anonymous bar added on the eyes to drive the point home. Right now I'm not thinking much of this, too easy and direct...

I doubt this to be honest, don't find it in the line of thought of MMM, and they are known for covering the eyes/faces of their models hence the bars.

Don't feel too bad that I came too late for this either...

I doubt this to be honest, don't find it in the line of thought of MMM, and they are known for covering the eyes/faces of their models hence the bars.

Don't feel too bad that I came too late for this either...

Indeed this isn't the first instance of them covering their model's faces with a similar device (sometimes makeup too) but this does not, in any way, negate my affirmation. The whole bringing back the focus on the product by providing anonymity and a certain industrially processed meets found object feeling is, by the very nature of the industry it was conceived in, a stance on celebrity/fame culture. This has been in MMM’s DNA from the start.

While I see what you mean, I doubt/don't hope, that they would care enough about Britney's (or whoevers) cunt that they would make a statement about it.

However, the actual garments and their "sluttyness" would be in line with your thought.

And I too have always seen the comment/stance on the fashion "industry" in their work, and this is one of the main things that interest me in it.

I just hope that they wouldn't be so banal as to actually give this "hollywood phenomenon" any attention. As that has nothing to do with the fashion industry but with a part of celebrity/fame culture that hasn't got anything to do with fashion imho.

designer: ok, so here is the plan. were gonna showcase my new line, but no one is gonna remember anything cause they are all gonna be staring at your vagine, is that cool?

model: yeah, i got a nice coochie anyway.

designer: word.

[sorry i had nothing constructive to add, i just wanted to be part of this thread]

designer: ok, so here is the plan. were gonna showcase my new line, but no one is gonna remember anything cause they are all gonna be staring at your vagine, is that cool?

model: yeah, i got a nice coochie anyway.

designer: word.

[sorry i had nothing constructive to add, i just wanted to be part of this thread]