Radiohead - In Rainbows

10(50)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need to make The Bends or OK Computer again. even Kid A wasn't as cohesive as it should have been. i wish they would write some more straightforward material again. they've bought too much into the notion that they as a band have to get under your skin and use these contra-melodies and beats that tick rather than rock, they're just trying to sound liek radiohead too much.

i want some rocking stuff like Just or Electioneering

Music for thought.

Ten years after OK Computer shocked the world, Radiohead released In Rainbows on October 10 (10/10). Though no one was expecting the album to be released until 2008, Radiohead announced In Rainbows just ten days in advance. In Rainbows, which consists of ten letters, has ten tracks, and would be downloadable from a rumored ten servers.

Radiohead preceded the release of In Rainbows with nine cryptic messages. They repeatedly emphasized X, the Roman Numeral for ten, in phrases such as “March Wa X”, and “Xendless Xurbia”. The tenth message was posted on October 10 with a photo of the band drinking tea.

Consider that In Rainbows was meant to complement OK Computer, musically, lyrically, and in structure. We found that the two albums can be knit together beautifully. By combining the tracks to form one playlist, 01 and 10, we have a remarkable listening experience. The transitions between the songs are astounding, and it appears that this was done purposefully.

1. Airbag (OK Computer)

2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)

3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)

4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)

5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)

6. Nude (In Rainbows)

7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)

8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)

9. Let Down (OK Computer)

10. All I Need (In Rainbows)

11. Karma Police (OK Computer)

12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)

13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)

14. Electioneering (OK Computer)

15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)

16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)

17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)

18. No Surprises (OK Computer)

19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)

20. Lucky (OK Computer)

21. Videotape (In Rainbows)

22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

Courtesy of http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/.

Also, try using a 10 second crossfade via iTunes... works real well.

Another note in the comments. Applying the Golden Ratio to the duration of In Rainbows will direct you to the 2:47 mark of Reckoner, which promptly has backup vocals "in rainnnnnnnnn in rainnnnnnn in rainnnnnnnnn bows".

It's cool listening to the two albums in conjunction. Makes the experience a bit more interesting.

Music for thought.

1. Airbag (OK Computer)

2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)

3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)

4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)

5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)

6. Nude (In Rainbows)

7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)

8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)

9. Let Down (OK Computer)

10. All I Need (In Rainbows)

11. Karma Police (OK Computer)

12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)

13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)

14. Electioneering (OK Computer)

15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)

16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)

17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)

18. No Surprises (OK Computer)

19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)

20. Lucky (OK Computer)

21. Videotape (In Rainbows)

22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

Courtesy of http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/.

Also, try using a 10 second crossfade via iTunes... works real well.

Another note in the comments. Applying the Golden Ratio to the duration of In Rainbows will direct you to the 2:47 mark of Reckoner, which promptly has backup vocals "in rainnnnnnnnn in rainnnnnnn in rainnnnnnnnn bows".

It's cool listening to the two albums in conjunction. Makes the experience a bit more interesting.

i did this earlier tonight, and boy did i love it. the uneasiness and the dizziness i felt when i first listened to ok computer rushed back to me, but this time completed with some missing puzzle pieces. i loved it so much that i even posted a myspace bulletin about it.

like jeepster said, it is not completely flawless, but i 'got it' whether this was a mere self satisfaction or not.

thank you sydney for providing this info. heart!

Quite exciting, will try this later on.

Listening to it conventionally, In rainbows is a bit too pleasant for me. There's not enough bite in it and it lacks the optimistic bleakness that I adored in Kid A

Also the horror of hearing Thom Yorke annouce "I don't want to your friend/I just want to be your lover" was only just offet by him growling "I'm all the days you choose to ignore" somewhere else on the record.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...