transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

j.garel might be a scammer. i've e-mail him and this is his reply.

Hi, they are still available. If you would like to buy the jeans, my paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks a lot

To: [email protected]

Subject: Jake

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:04:01 +0100

are they available? i really want them.

thanks

Ok he's refunded my money. But doesn't make him a good seller anyway. Dun expect me to remove all these evidence cos you fucking caused me hours of anguish while you sleep away hoping to spend my money on those chicks you're trying to impress on your fb profile pic. Fuck you for that. Oh I almost forgot I save some pics of the two of you. And it's not over until I get an apology here and a personal apology for all the time I've wasted I might as well make a police report on the both of you it won't take an hour. How about that?

seems like quite a few members got their stuffs from him.

he has already refunded your money almost instantly, wtf you bitchin bout now? I say just forget bout it and move on. Let all this be a warning and be careful next time when dealing online.

I sent money to the user gooshi for a varsity jacket more than a month ago now and it still hasn't arrive. I have sent messages on this forum to him about it and have gotten no reply - no shipping or tracking number was provided hence there's no evidence that he's even sent the jacket. I filed a claim with paypal and still no reply from him - yet he still remains active on this forum.

I sent money to the user gooshi for a varsity jacket more than a month ago now and it still hasn't arrive. I have sent messages on this forum to him about it and have gotten no reply - no shipping or tracking number was provided hence there's no evidence that he's even sent the jacket. I filed a claim with paypal and still no reply from him - yet he still remains active on this forum.

Its the black/black toj varsity?

funny, I was contemplating whether to cop that, or the red/white ones by sup.reme a month ago. Went with the later, and felt that both were legit.

Can't believe both to bear similar fate, now that's creepy coincidence. Out of curiosity, where's gooshi located?

Cali (patrick callaghan) - i am convinced this guy is either a crook or a waster.

great communication when i showed interest in a jacket, as soon as i paid he stopped responding to pms/emails. opened a paypal dispute 2 weeks later and he refunded me without even messaging me. then a few days later he messaged me saying he had been on vacation and forgot to post it.

i stupidly believd him and paid again. guess what. exactly the same thing happened again.gave a tracking number, but it was just a number saying he had notified the delivery company on the 7th june that they will be recieving a parcel from him. now its a month later and countless pms/emails with no response . and , of course, no jacket.

AVOID at all costs

God dam, I wish I had known this. Exact same thing has happened to me over at Styleforum, paid Cali for a pair of his boots and he had prompt reply. After payment, he would no longer reply. :mad:

Do not deal with Cali aka [email protected]

I paid robgotsastaplerr a month ago for a pair of Quoddy boots. Since he received my payment he's been dodging my messages; he stated in our last contact that he would have a tracking number for me by today, or provide a full refund.

I have received neither the boots, a tracking number for a package, or a refund.

Due to my payment being a gift through PayPal (he requested that I pay him as a gift and I obliged), I cannot even file a dispute for the transaction. I have been contacted by people from other forums who had an unsuccessful transaction with him and the same problems.

Any advice on how I can get my money back would be greatly appreciated.

***THIS SELLER CANNOT BE TRUSTED***[

I paid robgotsastaplerr a month ago for a pair of Quoddy boots. Since he received my payment he's been dodging my messages; he stated in our last contact that he would have a tracking number for me by today, or provide a full refund.

I have received neither the boots, a tracking number for a package, or a refund.

Due to my payment being a gift through PayPal (he requested that I pay him as a gift and I obliged), I cannot even file a dispute for the transaction. I have been contacted by people from other forums who had an unsuccessful transaction with him and the same problems.

***THIS SELLER CANNOT BE TRUSTED***[

RRLselvageDenim

After sending paypal payment, received no word from him for weeks, at which point I contact him and he says that he will ship it out soon (i.e. two weeks after payment). Never received the item. Made a claim on Paypal and had the charges reversed. Showed me a receipt which he claims was for the shipped item--even if it was, it was $9 less than what I payed for shipping.

In summary:

-Poor communication.

-IF he did ship, he overcharged and shipped two weeks late.

-Item never received.

***THIS SELLER CANNOT BE TRUSTED***

Here's some closure on the situation:

After trying several avenues to contact the seller, he finally became aware of my discontent. He has since shipped the boots, and provided a partial refund for the inconvenience. I have received the items I purchased and they are in the condition as described.

To sum up the transaction, I think the seller is a good guy; just the timing and circumstances of the transaction made things difficult.

What to do about false advertising? I.E. Canali blazer selling for $800 but $20 RL Polo blazer gets shipped instead.

you open an item significantly not as described case in PayPal

was it an eBay item? it may be more difficult to illustrate the difference in items to PP if it's not, as they are kinda flop like that.

i strongly urge you to call PayPal and talk to them on the phone (before, while, and after opening the dispute) as it seems to get much more done. they are more willing to help you over the phone in my experience