transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

WARNING:

user Southofnonorth

Name: Tristen Harwood

E-mail: [email protected]

-This user sold me Patrik Ervell summer jeans. He admitted there were problems with the item but refuses to give a refund.

Damage Not Disclosed

-Zipper broken

-Tag hanging by a thread

-Fading on the back pocket... on linen/cotton pants

Item Described Incorrectly

-Claimed they fit size 30 true to size. HE IS A SIZE 28. Sizing problems with Ervell jeans are widely known. I thought maybe his pair were different. Not so.

-Claimed the waist measured 30.5". They measure 29.5". Add that to an extremely skinny top block and skinny thighs means the pants don't have a chance of fitting me.

4424627730_2edece89b5_o.jpg

4424627922_47e41a2b99_o.jpg

4423871059_ee0192d28f_b.jpg

I bought a pair of raf simons boots from member asshole in last Dec

Today is the first day of March and I still have not received the boots !!!

I bought something from him a while ago and he delivered, it just took a while. Dude was legit for me.

Item Described Incorrectly

-Claimed they fit size 30 true to size. HE IS A SIZE 28. Sizing problems with Ervell jeans are widely known. I thought maybe his pair were different. Not so.

-Claimed the waist measured 30.5". They measure 29.5". Add that to an extremely skinny top block and skinny thighs means the pants don't have a chance of fitting me.

While I can't comment on any of the other faults with the jeans, your pic clearly shows you're measuring the waist dipped, so they presumably do measure about 30", perhaps a touch more, flat (the generally accepted way to measure a waist). If he said they're a size 30 and fit true to size and measure a 30-30.5" then he's correct.

Clearly if he sent you a faded pair of jeans with a broken zipper that's a different matter, but I don't think you're right about the sizing claims.

While I can't comment on any of the other faults with the jeans, your pic clearly shows you're measuring the waist dipped, so they presumably do measure about 30", perhaps a touch more, flat (the generally accepted way to measure a waist). If he said they're a size 30 and fit true to size and measure a 30-30.5" then he's correct.

No, he's not. You're right that the generally accepted way to measure the waistband is with the front and back aligned, and it appears that those jeans probably do measure 30.5", but a 30-30.5" waistband on a size 30 is not "true to size"; the waistband on a pair of pants needs to be larger than the waist on which it sits in order to fit. Most size 30 pants measure 31-32" in the waist, and it's a pretty well known fact that Ervell pants are undersized (in past seasons, anyway).

In summary:

- The seller is probably right about them measuring 30.5" (the measurement shown in Hang the DJ's pic is taken incorrectly).

- The seller is wrong about them being true to size; a 30.5" waistband on a size 30 is undersized.

update on asshole: I bought a gareth pugh shirt from him, just got it today. Shipping time was 3 days. superdaddy, I hope your problem gets resolved.

Is it weird to sell something and be paid in two different portions?

The buyer sent me 2 payments from the same paypal, each one half of the selling price. My friend told me he'd gotten scammed once, where the buyer claimed to have bought 2 items and only received one, so half the money was taken out of my friend's account.

The money's just sitting in my account, should I send it back or what?

• 2 weeks later...

wow freecat is a surprising one. i remember him telling everyone he's a mod in the 'biggest' fashion forum in france.

i recently had a transaction with 2 seperate payments. i'm a little wary now after reading what happened to your friend minelee. hopefully it will be ok, the buyer did have a decent ebay record.

sufu: Boras

SZ: moumou

name: Boris CORNILLEAU

email: [email protected]

tel: (33) 0237539185

Address:

"La basletière"

61340 St Pierre la Bruyère

FRANCE

Boris is a thief; we arranged to trade RO leather jackets in the end of Dec of 2009. We shared daily communication; I shipped mine and [supposedly] he did as well only to find a couple weeks later, his package he mailed to me had been returned to his address due to an error in addressing the package. Since then zero contact to date [April 2010] He is definitely is position of my jacket, and has posted pictures to prove it. I have no doubt in my mind that he is a scammer and should be avoided like the plague and if anyone knows him personally please speak with him.

He still logs on here semi frequently, and totally ignores all PMs and emails of mine. While still very upset, I have tried to come to peace with the situation, but I feel it is important he be added here so others are not affected negatively.

Please feel free to call, email, mail this POS to harsh the shit out of him.

never deal with kkk dude is a fucking scummy prick.

made a super low offer on a t-shirt and then i counter offered before being told he lived in the eu, and then he holds the funds from my paypal 3 days after the transaction because of a "lack of communication" it has now been 9 days since i shipped and provided communication and tracking and have heard nothing nor had the funds released.

andrew,

i sold to boris and can only comment on a seller's viewpoint, but he lowballed me on sz for a rick long sleeve but aside from lowballing, we had no problems and made payment quickly. from a buyer's/trader's viewpoint, he could be very different though... hope you get this figured out

Yeah, he was fine up until the moment he decided to disappear, leaving me high and dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is as severe as some other people's transaction problems

bought some gray april 77 colordrives from wolves. Listed in the thread as size 29s, when I got them they were tagged 28s and the guitar pick was not included(although it was stated to come with the jeans). Also listed measurements did not add up when I measured today. Not letting me refund due to "shit position right now with $$$", but hey maybe ill get a guitar pick in the mail soon?

sold a pair of shoes i posted here to a guy who contacted me via email.

SIX days after i sent the package out by normal airmail, dude emails me saying he got the package (which is surprising, because SG-US usually takes ten days). more surprising, he says that them diors are in poor condition, lining is torn, etc etc., how his lowball price should've been even lowerball, how i'm a scumbag for not photographing the tears, etc.

i email him back in the most civil manner, asking him to detail the problems, and send me a photo of this massive tear that i must have been blind not to see.

four days pass.

nothing, nada, zip, zilch. having looked over the hi-tops before sending them out, i understand that's probably because there are no problems to detail, and no tear to photograph. or maybe since its ten days, maybe he actually got the shoes and couldn't find anything to jaw about.

any of you had similar experiences with buyers similarly full of shit?

i've had one sour buyer on here who was expecting jeans worth of gold but was disappointed when he received them. tried to pull a 'these are obviously fake' on me. i had the most experienced users backing up the legitimacy of the jeans. it wasn't concrete, but solid enough for even a blind man to believe.

they were dior jeans...

I just got a denim I bought from other member...he said it is new..

the tag is attached, but could have sewn back as it is only attach by cotton string. anyhow, the back pocket show a defect and there is a lot of white scratch along the inseam. also there is a lot of hair on the jeans..

I sent him PM and got no reply...my question is, based on that can I make a paypal dispute? and If he were to refund my money, should he also cover the returning shipping fee and the paypal fee?

Thanks

NickNYC, meet Denimhunter.

It sounds like you guys need to get together and track down Zenpete and CCP his ass.

I can understand delayed shipment but there is no excuse for not maintaing communication during the shipping process.

Especially for something that expensive.

File disputes, now.