transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

This is a heads-up for sellers... I'm having problems with member learnofvie.

Sold him some Diors, told him to wait at least 10 business days. He opened a PayPal dispute yesterday saying it's already 11 days since the shipment (May 19th), so I explain the situation once again on PayPal.

Today he escalated it to a claim, mentioning it's been 12 days, even though today is Saturday and not a business day. He also doesn't seem to take into consideration that post offices were closed on memorial day.

He either doesn't understand the definition of business day or is a scammer... He also didn't log in for 2 weeks.

I'll give some update when the case is closed.

So today the claim was finally resolved in my favor, after a whole month. I never received any news from the buyer stating that he received the jeans (which was exactly 10 business days after the day of the shipment by the way)

I would definitely advise to avoid dealing with this buyer... Perhaps he's not a scammer, but let's just say this was far from a memorable transaction.

Rottenappleproxy, found them off SuFu, had e-mail correspondence with them before I paypaled them money. It's been a month since I gave them money and they haven't emailed me a word. Filed a dispute w/ paypal that's going nowhere. Fucking awesome.

These guys were royal cunts to begin with. When I was selling something they would post in my thread saying that they can get it few dollars cheaper. Should be banned.

Okay, sent 3 separate items to the UK over a month ago, all 3 to different people. 2 of the 3 sent with tracking. None have arrived.

1 person has opened a dispute on paypal saying item was not received. Lucky for me, I believe I still have the receipt for shipping somewhere but I do have the tracking number. Is my ass covered? Whats the next step to refute?

Guest jmatsu
Okay, sent 3 separate items to the UK over a month ago, all 3 to different people. 2 of the 3 sent with tracking. None have arrived.

1 person has opened a dispute on paypal saying item was not received. Lucky for me, I believe I still have the receipt for shipping somewhere but I do have the tracking number. Is my ass covered? Whats the next step to refute?

did you mean to say that you "do not have the tracking number?"

anyway if that particular receipt has specific/sufficient data on it proving that you sent it to the guy's shipping address which shows via his paypal i don't see how anyone could fault you.

Guest jmatsu
nah, i got the tracking number which i provided to him the day i sent it and the guy still wants a refund. i escalated the claim so hopefully i dont get boned.

never mailing overseas again

at least with canada post

if you have the tracking number which and i assume it is on a airway bill you filled out with the guy's info on it, and shit is in the system in transit, i don't see why he's giving you a hard time about it.

nah, i got the tracking number which i provided to him the day i sent it and the guy still wants a refund. i escalated the claim so hopefully i dont get boned.

never mailing overseas again

at least with canada post

If you have the tracking number, then you should be fine. As stated in my post, I got the exact same thing and all I had to provide was the tracking number to win the claim. It takes quite a few weeks for paypal to check the case, though.

Here's the reply I got from them:

As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy onlyapplies to the shipment of goods, not to claims about the attributes orquality of goods received.

mostly the guys giving me a hard time because the tracking has not been updated since like june 9th or 10th and the last update was that the international item left canada.

i told this guy weeks ago that hes not special, around the same time as him i mailed a couple other item to the UK which took/are taking forever. im supposed to refund him because canada post tracking sucks? his bag is gonna arrive any fuckin day

If the tracking number doesn't specifically show that the item has been delivered, then you will lose the claim. I was recently in the same boat as you with an international transaction. My tracking data hadn't been updated at all except to say that it was accepted by my post office. I called paypal about it; they said even though I had a tracking number proving that it had been accepted by my post office, that I would still LOSE the claim because I didn't have proof it was delivered.

Thankfully, I decided to look the tracking number up at www.track-trace.com and one of the international post offices showed that the item had been delivered. Then I called paypal back and they closed the claim in my favor.

mostly the guys giving me a hard time because the tracking has not been updated since like june 9th or 10th and the last update was that the international item left canada.

i told this guy weeks ago that hes not special, around the same time as him i mailed a couple other item to the UK which took/are taking forever. im supposed to refund him because canada post tracking sucks? his bag is gonna arrive any fuckin day

After it shows the item left Canada, Canada Post will only notify you once the item is delivered. There's no notifications in between.

nakedlunch is a definite blacklist.

Was supposed to sell me Skull 5010xx Raw. I sent payment and never received. I contacted many times, sufu and paypal email, no response. I filed a dispute, seller never responded, I won. However, the paypal account was a dummy account and was emptied, therefore I did not receive my funds back.

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer

Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds

from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery

of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in

question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and

will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include

issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.

Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take

action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss

the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that

it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------

Transaction Details

-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Sarah Carr

Seller's Email: [email protected]

Seller's Transaction ID: 2P2782518M6075226

Transaction Date: Jun 6, 2009

Transaction Amount: -$115.00 USD

Your Transaction ID: 280018189C9267712

Case Number: PP-731-087-629

Buyer's Transaction ID: 280018189C9267712

Guest jonathannrobert

ikbae...

purchased july 5th... still haven't received the item...

tried to contact through email and pms with no response.

dispute filed.

hey votenara. you should have thought my position. i paid you 5 12th . and i had went to army about 1 month. but still i didnt receive my shoes !!!!!!!!!

you are the sellor man. you have responsibility about safe shipping for me. you use usps. and i told you i will use SHIPPING PROXY SERVICE COMPANY

ikbae...

purchased july 5th... still haven't received the item...

tried to contact through email and pms with no response.

dispute filed.

I was away and couldnt access to the Internet. I replied as soon as I saw the message and called Canada post. There was a shipping delay and I made a claim to Canada post about it.

DO NOT DEAL WITH evilcrow

sold him a pair of mihara yasuhiro shoes. messaged me almost 2 months later after shoes were shipped saying he never got them.

provided PayPal with shipping proof etc. but still lost the claim. fucking A!

hey votenara. you should have thought my position. i paid you 5 12th . and i had went to army about 1 month. but still i didnt receive my shoes !!!!!!!!!

you are the sellor man. you have responsibility about safe shipping for me. you use usps. and i told you i will use SHIPPING PROXY SERVICE COMPANY in new-jersey.

you used USPS. but my shoes were gone. you right. you already shipped the shoes. but shoes didnt arrive. then what could i do?

i called and e-mailed proxy service company, then they said, its sellors responsibility. in USA, USPS is not that good shipping method. because there are MANY mis-shipping and not safe , they said.

at first, i asked them compensate for my shoes, but they said no, and they said its sellors responsibility.

so i want to figure it out with paypal. i told truth about this situation. maybe you also told truth. but in this case, im right.

im not bad person or anything. just , before, i lose my money , and also i lost my time over 2 MONTH!! at now, i get refund about that. but your loss is not MY FAULT. you should keep in mind about this. dont blame of me.

thats not appropriate.

just a word of advice to buyers...

ALWAYS use a credit card to buy online.....ALWAYS...

when PayPal shines that "buyer complaint policy" nonsense in your face, saying that they "can't recover funds", just call the phone number on the back or your credit card and file a chargeback.....

you will be reimbursed and that's all that matters...

let paypal take the loss...

learnofvie

It was agreed that I would trade him my APC New Cure indigo Sz 29, for his Dior Homme 19cm indigo Sz 29. We were to ship simultaneously, with tracking. I shipped my jeans, and they were delivered, as confirmed by this tracking link: https://eshiponline.purolator.com/ShipOnline/Public/Track/TrackingDetails.aspx?pin=49951798575〈=E

When I asked if he had shipped, he assured me that he had, but said he didn't ship with tracking because it was $20 more. At this point, I became suspicious. He now denies that he received my jeans, even though the tracking info confirms the delivery. It has been over 3 weeks and I haven't received anything. I sent him a PM over a week ago, but he has not responded, despite being active online since. I realize this was a transaction of good faith, but I believe in the integrity and honesty of sufu members. I am very disappointed. Here is his personal info FYI:

Hyun Kim

1 Del Sonata,

Irvine, CA

learnofvie

It was agreed that I would trade him my APC New Cure indigo Sz 29, for his Dior Homme 19cm indigo Sz 29. We were to ship simultaneously, with tracking. I shipped my jeans, and they were delivered, as confirmed by this tracking link: https://eshiponline.purolator.com/ShipOnline/Public/Track/TrackingDetails.aspx?pin=49951798575〈=E

When I asked if he had shipped, he assured me that he had, but said he didn't ship with tracking because it was $20 more. At this point, I became suspicious. He now denies that he received my jeans, even though the tracking info confirms the delivery. It has been over 3 weeks and I haven't received anything. I sent him a PM over a week ago, but he has not responded, despite being active online since. I realize this was a transaction of good faith, but I believe in the integrity and honesty of sufu members. I am very disappointed. Here is his personal info FYI:

Hyun Kim

1 Del Sonata,

Irvine, CA

WTf, his name was Michael when I shipped him my stuff?? I wasn't sure he was a scammer but things are certainly not looking good for him now

just a word of advice to buyers...

ALWAYS use a credit card to buy online.....ALWAYS...

when PayPal shines that "buyer complaint policy" nonsense in your face, saying that they "can't recover funds", just call the phone number on the back or your credit card and file a chargeback.....

you will be reimbursed and that's all that matters...

let paypal take the loss...

BEST ADVICE RE: PAYPAL....EVER!!!

Although I have to say that I once had someone chargeback with credit card company on me even though I had already won the PayPal dispute...thankfully, PayPal did not ever charge me for it since the jerk had admitted on their forum to receiving the item in question!! If you are a seller: ALWAYS get tracking, otherwise you will never win a dispute!!

Guest jmatsu
I think you should shy away from trades unless you really really trust the person. There's no dispute if you trade.

oh really? thanks so much for this. think this could be applied 2 unprotected sex?

learnofvie

Hyun Kim

1 Del Sonata,

Irvine, CA

another user PM'ed me saying learnofvie might be trying to scam him, under a different username

Here are the pics learnofvie sent me, in case he's still using them:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/bathing_ape/DSC06688.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/bathing_ape/DSC06690.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/bathing_ape/DSC06691.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/bathing_ape/DSC06689.jpg

After some help from a mod, I finally heard back from learnofvie, but he's still giving me the run around. Here's our latest correspondence:

originally posted by learnofvie

Hi i apologize, listen i'm not scamming you, please lets resolve this situation. You told me the jeans were arriving in 5-7 days. I was moving, and new people live in the address which you mailed the jeans, i have been unable to contact them, but surely they have your jeans. As for the jeans i sent you, i am unsure they should have arrived by now. I did not purchase insurance, so i guess it is a problem, but i would be willing to work something out, send you some jeans of equal value, i do not have much cash to toss around. I am extremely sorry, im not sure how you could get into contact with the residence there, and i am having a hard time, but if you can, they surely would have your jeans.

originally posted by psycfunk

I told you the jeans would arrive in 5-7 BUSINESS days, and they arrived in 7, as confirmed by tracking. It is not my fault the shipping address you gave me was unreliable, nor is it my responsibility to track down the jeans I sent. I do not want any other jeans of equal value. You have 2 options to resolve this situation: either return the jeans I sent you, in the same like new condition, WITH TRACKING, or Paypal $120 to...

Guest jonathannrobert

everything resolved with ikbae.

he's been great to deal with,

very tolerant of my impatience.

canada post just sucks.

• 2 weeks later...