transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

Dude what the fuck were you thinking buying a rolex from someone who lives in Thailand?

I bought a highly modded Rolex over Paypal. I get sent a fake Rolex, but it's those crappy kinds with a moonphase and 5 different chornographs.

The guy is in Thailand. Fucked, right?

Broomroom is trying to get "my" money back trough the package insurance. He also promised to transfer me 50% (minus shipping, though i don't agree with the minus shipping part) on monday. Let's see what happens.

Also, i had 2 phonecalls with customs they told me that replacing a package never occurs and if it was opened it would have said so on the box. Which didn't happen. The box was sent from orange county so i don't think the transport or customs in the Netherlands did something wrong with it. Yet Broomroom keeps saying he did send me the NDG jacket and don't know what happened.

If someone has experience with this kind of matter...i would really like some professional advice.

Broomroom is trying to get "my" money back trough the package insurance. He also promised to transfer me 50% (minus shipping, though i don't agree with the minus shipping part) on monday. Let's see what happens.

Also, i had 2 phonecalls with customs they told me that replacing a package never occurs and if it was opened it would have said so on the box. Which didn't happen. The box was sent from orange county so i don't think the transport or customs in the Netherlands did something wrong with it. Yet Broomroom keeps saying he did send me the NDG jacket and don't know what happened.

If someone has experience with this kind of matter...i would really like some professional advice.

So is he getting you your money back + 50% of insurance value, or just the 50%? If it's the latter, WEAK.

that dude is a scammer. he sent that garbage and is now trying to get even more money by filing a fraudulent insurance claim. a customs agent did not open the box, see a m65, happened to have a shitty m65 laying around, and switch them. just file through your credit card company to get your money back. dont bother with the insurance claim.

Guest ichan026
I think you can still open dispute on paypal. You can offer to return the item and pay for shipping, tracking etc. At least you won't be $400 out. Every action is worth a shot.

If you paid via PayPal with your Credit Card you should be able to just call you CC company and file a charge back. I don't think you even need to open a dispute on PayPal to do this. If not I would try to file a claim anyway.

Make sure you do it within the time frame. I've had someone rip me off by delaying enough so I couldn't file a claim anymore. I believe its 30 days from the day you purchased it.

Good luck man!

Thanks for your support. The guy send me 170 dollar in front for the insurance claim.... I'm with one of those small creditcard companies (mastercard though) so i don't expect much. Are you sure i'm not libel? I have all his information now, from his phone number to his linkedIn account. So i could apply some pressure to him with this....

Guest ichan026
Thanks for your support. The guy send me 170 dollar in front for the insurance claim.... I'm with one of those small creditcard companies (mastercard though) so i don't expect much. Are you sure i'm not libel? I have all his information now, from his phone number to his linkedIn account. So i could apply some pressure to him with this....

Read all about the charge back process with the link below. Is it really just you filing a claim with your CC company and explaining that you purchased goods that never arrived or was the wrong product etc. Some CC insurance will cover this. I would read through your CC insurance policies and the PayPal link but it doesn't hurt to call and explain to them what happened.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/seller/ChargebackRisk-outside

One Hundred Percent.

itsmedeka,

sold me shoes that were a half size larger than he told me they were. also took em a month to show up.. probably not his fault tho.

also he gave me dibs on an item then sold it while i was transferring money from CC to paypal, and then told me it was gone once i sent him a ready-for-payment PM. useless.

why do my posts keep getting deleted?

anyways, tracking was sent to seller who blacklisted me, item HAS been shipped and has arrived in destination country, Should be there next week sometime. No need to blacklist, and no need to file a dispute.

has anyone dealt with "berryboi"?

I sent him money for 2 originalfake shirts around 16th of November, and he had them shipped on the 21st by his "friend".

Yet, it's been a month and the shirts still haven't arrived yet, he told me it would take less than 2 weeks for sure.

I've opened a paypal dispute but I'm not really after my money back I just want the shirts :(

He sent the shiz from singapore and I'm in New Zealand so the distance isn't really that far, I mean I have had standard non-registered mail from Canada come in a few days, surely 2 t shirts from SG shouldn't take 1 month++?

Mumba5

Paid for my item (hare shirt) on Nov. 9 and have yet to receive my item. After waiting 2 weeks and the item hadn't arrived yet I was told that the item was mistakenly sent to the UK and that he'd get back to me. A couple days later was told that all was well and the item was reshipped and should arrive within a week. A week pasted and still no item. As of Dec. 4 item has still not arrived, seller will not return any of my pm's or e-mails. It's been about 1.5 months and still no response or item from the seller...I have opened up a paypal dispute and currently the case status is pending.

Update: Paypal ruled in my favor but wasn't able to recover any funds. I finally received an e-mail from the seller to which he replied, "Hi there, I'm so sorry! Recently I went to bangkok, and got stucked there due to the internal conflicts in the country." It has now been a week since I've asked for a refund and still no response.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS HAS BEEN SETTLED BY ME AND HIM

vthx1133

http://www.superfuture.com/member.php?u=42344

Bought 2 items from him totaling $150 through paypal and I never received them. I PM'd him multiple times but no response. After waiting about 4 weeks, i filed a paypal claim in mid-late december which turned into a dispute. He never responded to paypal and while paypal ruled in my favor, they said they could not recover any money.

What's the point of winning a paypal dispute but getting no money back? Why did i even file a dispute/claim? Is there anything else i can do via paypal or my bank? Maybe call them directly or something? Just seems kinda lame to win a paypal claim/dispute but absolutely nothing happen.

vthx1133

Bought 2 items from him totaling $150 through paypal and I never received them. I PM'd him multiple times but no response. After waiting about 4 weeks, i filed a paypal claim in mid-late december which turned into a dispute. He never responded to paypal and while paypal ruled in my favor, they said they could not recover any money.

What's the point of winning a paypal dispute but getting no money back? Why did i even file a dispute/claim? Is there anything else i can do via paypal or my bank? Maybe call them directly or something? Just seems kinda lame to win a paypal claim/dispute but absolutely nothing happen.

always ALWAYS ALWAYS buy with CCs, visa/mc will always go to bat for you if you chargeback, whereas banks dont give a shit. sorry to hear about you getting scammed :(

I might have to set my paypal up through my credit card i suppose. Really a bummer because i wanted to buy these junya shorts for spring but now i feel guilty doing so seeing as i just lost $150

won the paypal dispute.

items still haven't arrived in 2 months.

says it's his "friend's fault"

ignoring all emails and PM's, but frequently bumps his posts / goes on other forums claiming that the issue is "settled"

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=34948744#post34948744

sounded like a nice guy at first, very genuine and understanding - but I guess first impressions lie..

pyeakza - Someone that goes by the name of Peter Costa, from his emails.

Bought an item from him. Gave a non-existent tracking number, then claims, after a few days that his "stupid friend" mailed out the wrong item and begs me to return it to him (although I have yet to receive any item from him). I told him that I will do it and he have to paypal me the shipping costs as well as send the correct item as soon as possible. He has since stopped replying to email/PM, but has been active in the forum almost everyday.

Anyone dealt with him before?

Update - Apparently his "stupid friend" is named "Polrut", another forumite. Guys beware of this duo from trannyland. Or they may turn out to be the same person, considering their last activity time are always the same.

IM SOLE CRAZY

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/member.php?u=22051

Paid him via paypal immediately on 1st-Oct-08

well more than one-month past, this guy still hasn't sent the item. Ignoring PMs, and paypal disputes.

The suprizing news is that he is online everyday, and post as usual without any guilt.

and of course, with 6 red bars always. :mad:

good thing i saw this. was about to purchase a pair of a77's off of him.

vthx1133

THIS HAS BEEN SETTLED. While it was pretty bad buy the seller to not have any contact with me for over a month while trying to contact him, we worked things out.

The supermarket has gone to shit. Just about every new user selling on the board ends up ripping people off.

Why aren't mods looking into this more and banning these repeat offenders? It seems like the mods are more concerned about shit talking than keeping the supermarket safe.

This is true. How the hell does sufu pick mods? Just because they're "cool"? I PMd JimmyC who is the mod of supermarket and he didn't respond and i don't think he has been active in like 2 months. Also, Mike Lowrey doesn't seem to respond in this thread either and he's the other mod of supermarket.

I'm not saying they should hound over this all day, but checking in occasionaly would be nice, since the sufu gods decided to tap them as mods. I know it's a hassle for mods to have to do all the extra mod work, but then again, they didn't have to become mods if it was too much hassle for them. Just strange that jimmyc has been mia lately.