transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

grailed was developed around the reddit community

I was pretty sure it was via Something Awful, not reddit? The guy who runs it is pretty open to feedback. I just had a zero feedback buyer grab my Veilance jacket and I took him through the ringer confirming his identity and everything before I actually sent it to him and he understood and played along. If he'd set off any alarm bells I'd have told him to go fuck himself and got the free bump from relisting. I've seen more problems with sellers than buyers on Grailed, to be honest.

I was pretty sure it was via Something Awful, not reddit? The guy who runs it is pretty open to feedback. I just had a zero feedback buyer grab my Veilance jacket and I took him through the ringer confirming his identity and everything before I actually sent it to him and he understood and played along. If he'd set off any alarm bells I'd have told him to go fuck himself and got the free bump from relisting. I've seen more problems with sellers than buyers on Grailed, to be honest.

The creator of Grailed is very active on Reddit. I'm pretty sure he first advertised Grailed on /r/malefashion.

Edited by Ratatoskr

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't on SuFu, but I just got done with a dispute on Grailed with a SuFu member by the name of Spawnzer. I bought an ma_julius shirt from him and it never arrived and he never gave me tracking info. After three weeks I told him I wanted a refund and suddenly he went totally quiet and refused to respond to any communication from me or from paypal during the dispute process. I thought he was trying to fuck with me for having the gall to request a refund for stuff I didn't receive. But, that said, it appears he did the exact same thing to someone else in the time I was waiting, only they had the sense to challenge it sooner:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=spawnzer1993&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Considering that's two things he sold and "shipped" that never arrived and he held onto the money from for as long as possible, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him and seriously doubt he ever sent them out in the first place.

Interesting, I just purchased a Levi's Commuter Parka from this guy. His grailed user name was "alexlegrands", I went back and checked his e-mail and there it was, "[email protected]". The only e-mail I ever got from this guy said that he couldn't reply to a lot of my questions because he was "busy", it was a whole week later after I bought it but he said he finally shipped it out but included no tracking info. He said it'll come "the next week or the week after" I thought it was a little sketchy at first but I let it slide.

One or two weeks pass, no parka, no contact, I finally go ahead and send this guy an e-mail threatening to ask PayPal for a refund and I'm about to file for one. I hope it isn't too late. The interesting thing is he seems to be changing his aliases on Grailed and such. I assume it's not hard to get a refund on PayPal (even though I've never done it before and am not too savvy with these things), but what I'm wondering is why the hell is this guy doing this? Does he think he'll actually get away with $50 or whatever?

Edited by gnarwolves

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i need a legit check on a pair of tisci af1s. i sold this pair on ebay and the seller is claiming they're fake because he went to flight club to try to put them on consignment and they told him they were fake...even though i bought them at my nike outlet store on the clearance rack. that's why there is no lid, no dustbag, and a white sticker covering up the MSRP (store policy for outlet stores). i literally gave this guy every single detail of my shopping experience that night because it wasn't too long ago yet he still doesn't believe me and has no basis of argument of why they're fake (he didn't even ask flight club why they thought the shoes were fake). so go ahead, please let me know if my authentic shoes are fake. i've sold 7 pairs of these and 4 other buyers have all received them with no problem. oh, and i still have the receipt but this guy's only argument has been "how do i know you're telling the truth.....you could just be saying all that."

47C16C9E-966F-4B53-A62B-8971D652A9C1_zps

85A49EB2-E701-417A-9053-DFAABE057FF9_zps

52EFBE7C-4407-4E80-ADCB-2303B05FA05B_zps

72A8C3EE-D811-47DC-B13D-C11DCC11CF3C_zps

7B90B594-B976-4CC6-9FBB-8731642BEB85_zps

6604C776-F92C-4F9A-B02D-FCFC357C37B6_zps

4FFD3287-CC18-484D-AA25-38C66AD9F256_zps

71397FC9-6EDE-4BD1-9B43-B7DD5B9CDADB_zps

6200CAD4-FE7E-47FD-B992-296E6C0A49C1_zps

these all ended up at my nike outlet because someone returned all of them there. i guess the only possibility would be that someone bought real tiscis and switched out the real pair with a fake pair and then returned them but cmon..that most likely did not happen. please give me some feedback. anything is appreciated as i will be sending him screenshots of this thread. thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't sell to guardimp/Halvor Adams

There was an issue with tracking, I told him I could resolve it until a deadline that Australia post has - he files a paypal claim before I can even contact them about tracking

After I did my part and showed that I fulfilled all my responsibilities as a seller, Paypal closed the claim in my favour and my account was unfrozen

Australia Post shows that it was actually delivered on the 9th

http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=LK970300103AU

And yet now he's opened a fucking credit card chargeback as "revenge" because he's that fucking petty

I've sold around 30 things on grailed and even more here, and this is the only time I've had a problem with a buyer like this, this guy is a grade A dickhead or just an outright scammer trying to get these pants without paying for them

Communication with pas de deux has been subpar. He first shipped with what seems to be the cheapest shipping company he could find, the package had tracking and yet disappeared into thin air for over a month. Overall he was with a non responsive or cooperative sender. This was the absolute worst experience purchasing an item I have ever had.

He charged his story repeatedly, first claiming that he was moving so could not check on the status of the package. Then claimed he had to wait three months to check on the package. Prior to contacting paypal I was contacted by a grailed admin, who recommended opening a paypal claim. The only way to get meaningful communication was to contact paypal, mysteriously he was able to check on the package immediately after I opened a paypal claim. Paypal said that all they required from Australia is shipping information, and to contact the credit card company to move forward.

I agree the item eventually arrived, around 1.5 months after payment. As such I contacted paypal and the credit card company to cancel my chargeback. I have repeatedly informed you of that, not sure what else you expect me to do.

Posted · Hidden by ordo, March 19, 2015 - Ruled in favour of upsilonkng. He has been an upstanding seller and this exchange could damage a good reputation needlessly.
Hidden by ordo, March 19, 2015 - Ruled in favour of upsilonkng. He has been an upstanding seller and this exchange could damage a good reputation needlessly.

I have bought a RO neoblister parka for US$1700. I was disappointed with the parka as the condition is so bad. So I messaged him to for a refund. Of course, Paul (username:upsilonkng) refused to accept a return. So I initiated dispute over paypal. I got partial refund of US$1000 from Paul.Later we worked out to a resolution that he would find other buyer to buy the parka. And he did and found another buyer in France who would buy the jacket. Paul told me to ship the jacket directly to the new buyer in France and promised to refund me the remaining US$700. That was like 1 to 2 weeks ago. I shipped the jacket and the tracking shows that the guy in France has received the parka. BUT Paul didn't refund me the US$700, which he promised to. And due to the fact that, I wasn't returning to Paul's address, Paypal refused to grant me the refund. I have sent Paul several messages. He did not reply any of my messages since then. This is the last thing I could do now. and hope this could give pressures to him. I can provide all the PMs as proof.

mr boff- possibly fraud guy.I bought an size xs Givenchy shark tee from id: mr boff. He said he shipped out on mar 2 from US to Canada, 2 weeks passed I hace not received shipment yet. I double checked the tracking no he provided me. The shipment went to a U.S. address instead of Canada. I contacted this person 3 times for this but no feedback after whatsoever. I also filed a claim to PayPal.

His thread here:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/158522-fs-dior-homme-givenchy-xs-s-rick-owens-bauhaus-s-ann-demeulemeester-boots-43-saint-laurent-wyatt-boots-39-creepers-43-jeans-30/#entry3152849

Edited by lvbeifan

Posted · Hidden by ordo, March 19, 2015 - Ruled in favour of upsilonkng. He has been an upstanding seller and this exchange could damage a good reputation needlessly.
Hidden by ordo, March 19, 2015 - Ruled in favour of upsilonkng. He has been an upstanding seller and this exchange could damage a good reputation needlessly.

hey man next time try emailing me, i initiated the refund and assumed it would go thru as the $1000 did too, then my macbook broke so needless to say it was a pain to recover passwords etc and either way before trashing someone just send an email. as u can see the funds have been returned as expected i didn't know pp refuse it or whatever, i've done hundreds of deals here i didn't isolate u as the one guy i would screw.  

I got the refund. Thanks. But hope you would understand that I have waited for 2 weeks and it is really easy to send me a PM or email (my paypal email) to notify me that your laptop was broken as devices that could connect to internet are everywhere. Thanks

I started the refund weeks ago and didn't notify PayPal that anything was wrong so I assumed everything was cool. I didn't have a problem u did so u should've gotten in contact instead of jumping the fun and post that I scammed u. That's outrageous.

mr boff- possibly fraud guy.I bought an size xs Givenchy shark tee from id: mr boff. He said he shipped out on mar 2 from US to Canada, 2 weeks passed I hace not received shipment yet. I double checked the tracking no he provided me. The shipment went to a U.S. address instead of Canada. I contacted this person 3 times for this but no feedback after whatsoever. I also filed a claim to PayPal.

His thread here:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/158522-fs-dior-homme-givenchy-xs-s-rick-owens-bauhaus-s-ann-demeulemeester-boots-43-saint-laurent-wyatt-boots-39-creepers-43-jeans-30/#entry3152849

I bought a SLP sweater from mr boff 2 weeks ago.  I haven't heard from him after he received the payment. I am still trying to contact him...

Posted (edited) · Hidden by ordo, March 19, 2015 - Ruled in favour of upsilonkng. He has been an upstanding seller and this exchange could damage a good reputation needlessly.

You thought everything was cool?? I sent you not just one but several PMs mentioning to you that I didn't get the refund. For a normal person, they would check their paypal accounts to see what was going on and send a reply. I saw that you had been online for quite a number of times before I started the scammer warning post. And you are telling me that your computer is broken and lost all your password. I waited for two weeks and received not a single reply. Who is the lier here? If i don't post the warning post, will you refund me that quick (the same day as I post the scammer post)?? what a coincidence in terms of timing. bravo bravo

Like what you said, I got your email. at the same time, you also got my email. OKay. Don't tell me that you can't log on to your email. bla bla bla.... this is your responsbility to refund me the money. NOt me. If your computer is broken, don't you have a iphone or other devices. Don't tell me that you can afford a $2000 rick owens jacket, and you can't afford to buy yourself an iphone or other smart phones.. I am so fed up with your lies. 

These are the facts and what I see from my side. 

Anyway, I don't think I will ever deal with you. Sorry. You are just a horrible person to deal with. I think i have the responsbility to let everyone know my bad experience dealing with you. If you are so sure that you are not that kind of person, why bother theathening me to take off the post. Action speaks louder than words. OKAY.

Edited by Smythson85

first of all i haven't been on sufu in a few weeks, i sent u both of ur payments back, that's a fact, if i was trying to rob u why would i bother? I have an iphone yes but i don't use this message board on it. u sent me pm's that i didn't read because i didnt log on here. is that hard to understand? I send u the refund from paypal for $1000 first w/out any prompt then the $700 would have been the same day but u had escalated it to a claim, if u had left it alone u would've had it the same day, so u needed to post a tracking number that came to my house. that's where the hiccup came from. 

I don't check my pp everyday i sent the money away why do i need to check it? 

as far as being horrible to deal with? I don't know man, I let u make payments in sections, took what 6 weeks+ , u get the parka and says it fits big, u want ur money back, it's an XS u don't know what ur buying and ur a remorseful buyer which is every seller's nightmare. Either way I find a new buyer within 24 hours and that buyer is fuckin happy because he knows what he wants. I think it's a fact that I won't deal w/ u , the remoreseful buyer who jumped the gun and still has me as trying to Scam u out of $700 that I refunded to u on paypal weeks ago, that's a great scam!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

just a heads up- watch out if you're considering a deal with richgang.

looks like i've been taken for $1500 on that J45M-BW that was on grailed. sent me the wrong jacket. i tried reaching out and also filed a dispute with paypal. instead of responding he escalated it to a claim himself. never had to deal with this before- first time for everything i guess. will keep you guys posted

• 1 month later...

Beware of scammer eBay username : Kiidscenic

His paypal is :[email protected] with the seller name on paypal : Quayshawn Crawford

He tried to scam me of $1750.00 for a pair of Rick Dunks with the signed name "Timothy Kerr" on eBay but instead sent me Nike sneakers.  Good thing paypal sided with me and gave me refund.  

He's still selling these Rick owens dunks on eBay so anybody that sends you pictures with the name "Tim Kerr" signed in the sneakers is the same guy since he's using another persons photos from instagram

Edited by BriankLi

• 1 month later...

Beware of web scammer "Grailed"

I bought Alexander Wang bagpack $600 for grailed http://grailed.com/listings/126723-alexander-wang-wallie-backpack-pebbled-leath. His user name on grailed is Mase his paypal account is  [email protected] that show display name is "KAKÃSLOK". First that he did not sent the item to me till I've open dispute on PP after that he gave me fake FEDEX tracking. He just created label but did not sent the item. This case is under paypal investigation. 

After that, I gave him 0 point feed back on the grailed and put description about his scam and also try to report his post on the grailed but Grailed Admin has blocked me from the grailed and revised his user feedback to 5.0 point. It's mean he has may some relationship with Grailed Admin or something like that. This make grailed un-trust and you have to beware next time when you buy/sell something on grailed because scam admin make this site un-trust. 

This below picture shown scam item Alexander Wang bagpack got 5.0 point from the item he never sent to me.

screenshot_2015-07-11-08-06-10.png

For more information I sent the money since Jun 27 and waiting for almost 10 days and ask about shipping but silent. I decided to open dispute and you know he send me a fake tracking on July 7

10 days pass with fake tracking

Below picture is first time i gave him bad feedback

1436704000497_zpsfz7qxslq.jpg

And then Grailed edited it to be 5.0 point as a picture on my previous comment. Who and Why ?

Below is tracking label he gave me. You can see his addess on top left corner this is the address of a young designer named "KAKÃSLOK" as same as name of seller who I sent the miney to or he's same guy ?

1436705634330_zpsgounyozn.jpg

1436705637119_zps4kvxpgmp.jpg

The last one is current status of parcel still label created

1436701557820_zpstwfvxnbn.jpg

I need to remind you again. Grailed is an e-commerce website that have a lot of several expensive items. How can we trust the site under the admin who is a criminal.

And last, if you know the guy who named KAKÃSLOK or Mas who did all of that. Please tell him don't do like this again because it's called Criminal.

Beware of “Grailed scammerâ€, Username : RAF&JORDAN'S

Paypal : [email protected] , seller name on Paypal : Christian Leon

He seemed to be a legit seller but he scammed me!!

On 27th June, 2015, I bought Rick Owens GeoBaskets 588$ from Grailed http://www.grailed.com/listings/133928-rick-owens-rick-owens-geobasket-sz42 I waited for his tracking... until 3rd July, 2015 (7 days have passed) he gave me tracking no. LK188357217US through Paypal system. I checked on USPS tracking trace it showed “Shipping Label Createdâ€. Until 10thJuly, 2015 the tracking still no movement. So, I think he did not sent the item and I dispute him. This case is under Paypal investigation now.

Today, 14thJuly, 2015, I visited his account on Grailed, I found that his seller score (sell credit) updated. I think he created a fake user to make his reputation. Now, I’m very upset with Grailed and wanna warn you “Don't make any transaction on Grailed†because

- First you don't know which Paypal account of seller so that you can't check scam.

- Second Grailed don't protect you; example from the previous case Grailed take 4% from sell transaction but don't do anything to protect you even protect a scammer from their site.

Below is a picture of tracking that never move

Screen%20Shot%202558-07-12%20at%207.04.1

Edited by pormanclub