transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

i hope you win, but i lost a claim this year guy claimed after a whole month since receiving it that there were stains on a shirt. didn't even have to provide photos to PayPal and they refunded him

PayPal's policy is basically that they don't care, cuz in their eyes if the item is returned to you, you have a chance to sell it again so it's win-win. if you are lucky, you will get a representative who actually reads and thinks about each case

i have been lucky once where a buyer took a photo that didn't show anything and PayPal sided with me

in my experience, as annoying as it is, it is always best to call in to PayPal to fully explain the situation

Yup; lost a case for that reason, too. Fucking gay because I lose money in the end, not being reimbursed for what it cost to ship the item in the first place. I called PayPal to discuss the issue and they said, pretty much, they'll always side with the buyer regardless of proof, for reasons relating to credit card charge-backs. 

Edit: I'm pretty sure dude above won his case because the buyer was too lazy/dumb to respond. 

Edited by TresUnCool

^ not necessarily. Ive 'heard' PayPal is starting to actually review cases and side with sellers in some instances. They are fully aware of the extremely bad rap they have been getting with just blatantly siding with buyers. This why Amazon prime and other paypal-type payment sites have seen a sharp increase in usage. Nothing substantial or confirmed on my end, just rumors and stories that more and more sellers are actually winning disputes (something unheard of a year ago or so) as paypal tries to combat this image. Makes sense because if there is one thing both eBay and Paypal actually care about is their P.R.  

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, yeah? Some dude provided an absurd reason and wasn't even required to provide pictures to validate his claim. Furthermore, if there is proof the item was worn/used prior to being returned, the seller is not permitted to file a counter-claim.

I'll never sell via PayPal again. 

How are you going to sell then?

If any of you sell things via facebook, avoid "Paul Li". Dude has been incredibly sketchy threatening to cancel transaction if a pair of pants don't arrive by saturday. He paid for them tuesday evening, I said I was unable to ship them out wednesday, could possibly ship them out thursday (today, which I did), and he's freaking out saying  I somehow promised him they would be shipped thursday and that if they were shipped out after 4 (which again, they weren't even though I had all the right to send them out even not on thursday as thats a pretty ludicris demand to have something shipped that asap) he will return them.

Anyways, just here to say that dude will cause you nothing but trouble and is definitely not worth it. 

Edited by Kale Kohai

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm assuming that you've dealt with people that you've paid and then they simply not answer any of your questions afterwards (simply disappearing off the face of the Earth).

I bought a pair of shoes off grailed 2 days ago and the seller didn't respond to any of my PMs afterwards. I assumed he just went to sleep so I sent an e-mail to his paypal address maybe 10 hours ago and still didn't get a single reply out of it.

How long would you guys wait before filing a chargeback? I definitely wouldn't have minded if he simply told me he can't ship it out til X date but to simply not answer any PMs/emails is pretty ridiculous.

I've never had this happen before and I've bought tons of shit off grailed/ebay/sufu/anywhere else.

I actually have all of his information (thank you, internet) including where he lives and all that good jazz.

• 3 weeks later...

To all the people listing Dior on eBay, don't bother dealing with the UK user skymew. He is a total flake, if not a scammer (despite the 2000+ positive reviews). He offered to buy a jacket off me, but only after I jumped through hoops to accommodate him in price and policy. Then he just kept putting off the payment. Six months later, he contacted me again, but it took him another week just to ask for my Paypal info. I sold the jacket to someone else, in the meantime, and got a better price. 

the user "Skymew" on eBay is the profile of "fashionablebargains". He use the first profile to ask people to sell they items out of ebay for cheap and after he resell trought the second profile (fashionablebargains). He is also "writerowan".

Hello mates!

Around two months I have bought Prada shoes from sufu user "Tzar". Seller said that they are in excellent condition, but they wasnt. So I asked for refund and shipped the shoes back. That was a month ago.

Due to tracking number the package was delivered in sellers PO 10 september.

I asked seller to call in the post office again and ask where is the package but seller said:
"Why would I have to call them when you are the one interested in returning the shoes? Im doing you a favor by taking the shoes back after you have been rude to me posting bad comments and such."

Edited by aratzev

Hello mates!

Around two months I have bought Prada shoes from sufu user "Tzar". Seller said that they are in excellent condition, but they wasnt. So I asked for refund and shipped the shoes back. That was a month ago.

Due to tracking number the package was delivered in sellers PO 10 september.

I asked seller to call in the post office again and ask where is the package but seller said:
"Why would I have to call them when you are the one interested in returning the shoes? Im doing you a favor by taking the shoes back after you have been rude to me posting bad comments and such."

The buyer requested pictures PRE-shipment which I diligently sent. 

He says he is not happy with the shoes and wants to return them. I told him I was happy to take them back from him, even though I am under no obligation to do so.

The shoes are attempted to be delivered while I am out of town. Asked the post office to attempt re-delivery which they said they would but haven't so far. Because of my work I can't go to the post office unless I take a day of because it is out of the way and I have a 9-5 job. 

PS. Buyer has been HARASSING me to issue refund after he shipped the shoes. Stating he shouldn't have to wait for the shoes to arrive to receive refund. W.T.F BEWARE.

has anyone ever had any dealings with DHL by any chance? I ordered a package from a reputable seller on ebay (he was located in Germany , me the U.S.) Tracking on the dhl website shows:

Product / service International Parcel Status from Fri, 19.09.2014 17:34 The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: )

Next step The shipment will arrive in the destination country

the USPS matchcode shows the same thing. As you can see Its been over 3 weeks and it still hasnt even arrived in the U.S. (Perhaps its shipping via boat or something?) Dont mind patiently waiting just wondering how long is normal.

Ive ordered stuff from Germany before using DHL and never have waited this long. 

Edited by Returningson

1.I just can't agree that they are in excellent condition. Thats why I want to return them.

XRKPVWRhZoKdG5ocMrciJQ.jpg

2. I have asked for a refund after shipment because seller said that he will make a refund after shipment.

"Like I said, let me know once you have shipped so I can send your your money back." - this is from my email

That would be fine had you not seen pics pre shipment. Either way I accepted to take them back. And I think it is COMMON SENSE that you ought to wait until the merchandise is received to get a refund.

That would be fine had you not seen pics pre shipment. Either way I accepted to take them back. And I think it is COMMON SENSE that you ought to wait until the merchandise is received to get a refund.

Of course I will wait. There is no way for me not to wait. I just want you to know that I am fair buyer and I dont want to keep the shoes and get the money. Package is on your side and I cant contact with USPS without you personal data. So I cant just call in your post office and ask for delivery or something else. And please just dont be rude with me, because I was not.

I cant get this thing about pre shipment photos, I think there is misunderstanding, because I haven't asked you for photos before shipping. I thought that shoes are in excellent condition and there is no need in additional photos.

Avoid dealing with Vas from NYC.

He received a brand new noragi, tried to claim a paypal not received item then when questioned he claimed he had a headache from wearing said item and changed his reasoning for the claim to significantly not as described, saying it smelled clean and he is allergic to cleaning products.  Didn't return item as a return.  Absolute grade 'A' retard to deal with.

anyone else see this bullshit in their inbox?

"From 18th November 2014, the PayPal Buyer Protection dispute period will be extended from 45 days to 180 days after the transaction date. This means you’ll have plenty of time to raise a dispute on an eligible purchase if your item doesn’t turn up, is completely different to what was described, or is not the real deal."

paypal are legitimately fucking retarded, the sooner a competitor comes along the better. 180 days, worn your item for 6 months and no longer want it? no problem, heres your money back just make sure you return it!

done.

Your item was returned to the sender on October 17, 2014 at 12:03 pm in TAMPA, FL 33647 because it was not claimed by the addressee.

I dont know what to do. 

Maniac 

Claes Dahlgren from Sweden

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/user/118848-maniac/

Posted some trousers to my hotel in Vienna, never made it and were sent back to Mr. Dahlgren. No attempt made for redelivery or a refund. I spaced on the dispute timeline and lost the opportunity to open a claim, my bad. Naturally any attempt at correspondence is met with silence.

I sincerely hope those couple bills were well spent in Ibiza. 

• 3 weeks later...

giving yall a heads up about merz i purchased some shit off this dude a while back and naively sent him too much cash for some bullshit situation mentioning hed pay me back asap... dudes recently blocked me on fb after 3 years of empty promises and isnt responding to my messages on sufu. do not deal with this dude.

Edited by yoallanface

It wasn't on SuFu, but I just got done with a dispute on Grailed with a SuFu member by the name of Spawnzer. I bought an ma_julius shirt from him and it never arrived and he never gave me tracking info. After three weeks I told him I wanted a refund and suddenly he went totally quiet and refused to respond to any communication from me or from paypal during the dispute process. I thought he was trying to fuck with me for having the gall to request a refund for stuff I didn't receive. But, that said, it appears he did the exact same thing to someone else in the time I was waiting, only they had the sense to challenge it sooner:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=spawnzer1993&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Considering that's two things he sold and "shipped" that never arrived and he held onto the money from for as long as possible, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him and seriously doubt he ever sent them out in the first place.

fucking eBay user claims my Dior Homme jeans i sold him are fake because it has a Japanese care label in it, trying to return it

"Labels on the jeans are off it looks like they sewed two different labels to make it look genuine"

eBay user: cluis072012

name: Luis Cabrera

email: [email protected]

900 hope way
Altamonte springs FL 32714-1502
United States

Heads up but the guy I just complained about may have relisted the same shirt that got "lost" in the mail. Different account but the first name and location is the same, and this listing appears to be 100% identical to the one I bought from him.

Look at the picture on the bottom right compared to that new listing from a different seller.

116qjwg.png

fig 1. evidence and fashion multiple personality disorder   

It's entirely possible the guy I was having problems with lifted the shirt from a different seller, so this might be legit where the previous guy was full of shit and this guy's images were taken for a spin, but I wanted to give people a heads up in case they saw it on Grailed and were tempted.

Edited by Igneousity