transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

PLEASE HELP.

I was scammed a few months ago over a beautiful nearly new Rick Owens jacket. He provided alternative address instead of PayPal address, so he claimed the package never arrived and that it was sent to wrong address. I believe the scammer is attempting to sell the jacket on eBay:  http://r.ebay.com/92VdDw (I suspect it's him because of the outrageous price, 0% feedback, and it's located where I shipped it. Plus it's some what of a unique FW item that somehow got to CA? strange.)

I've messaged him about the jacket but he did not respond. The jacket was a runway item, and did not have any composition info on the tags, only the size and ID number. I have photos of my jacket to compare, but his aren't detailed enough to make good comparisons.

If someone could acquire a photo of the tags of the jacket or any info that may help prove that he is scammer, I would be eternally grateful.

THANK YOU!!!!!

if you are worried about chargebacks, the buyer can opt to pay the credit card fees upon checkout and pay using a card as a gift payment. If you are worried about chargebacks, be sure to have all of your documentation (whenever you accept a gift payment you should always have the buyer put in the txt box "For Goods Received" or something like that and save your tracking info that way if a chargeback does occur you have something to fight it with).

sufu member - robert_irwin

paypal name - Mike Van Meter

paypal email - [email protected] (bounces)

Guy takes two weeks to respond after payment then fails to ship repeatedly. I have also contacted another member in the same sale thread who also has the same issue and has filed a complaint via paypal.

EDIT : July 7 - Finally received item. 

Edited by eczerwonka

I second what the poster above said regarding:  robert_irwin

sufu member - robert_irwin

paypal name - Mike Van Meter

paypal email - [email protected] (bounces)

Over all shady experience. Seller made excuses and simply stopped replying. I started a PayPal claim against him. Original thread: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155937-fs-iron-heart-nudie-jcrew-gap-denim-shirts-m/#entry3091344

*Edit: I received my button up from seller on 7-7-14, after starting (and ending) a PayPal Claim.

Edited by overtheradar

• 2 weeks later...

To all the people listing Dior on eBay, don't bother dealing with the UK user skymew. He is a total flake, if not a scammer (despite the 2000+ positive reviews). He offered to buy a jacket off me, but only after I jumped through hoops to accommodate him in price and policy. Then he just kept putting off the payment. Six months later, he contacted me again, but it took him another week just to ask for my Paypal info. I sold the jacket to someone else, in the meantime, and got a better price. 

Hey guys, has anyone ever dealt with username: 0838 ??

I sent a gift payment (I know I shouldn't be..) to him for a Visvim bag and USPS tracking says incorrect address and that its been redirected.  I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because it seems like hes done transactions here before, but I haven't heard from him in 4 days. If I in fact got scammed, is my money gone? Not sure if him giving me a tracking number makes any difference..

I've sent a package that's been redirected before.  It ought to go to the post office near him, and then automatically ship back to you.

All assuming he didn't throw up a fake address to scam you.

Edited by Ratatoskr

that's not necessarily what happens. If it was delivered to an Incorrect address (and the address written on the label is wrong), and says its being redirected it most likely is being sent back to the seller. It will state once it is delivered so just keep checking the tracking.  

Don't give up hope yet. I have had instances though where the address was partially wrong or the label was completely missing (fell off during transit) and USPS still managed to deliver it. So it could just be that someone stuck it on the wrong truck and it really is being redirected to your address. Just keep an eye on the tracking and wait till it lands somewhere. best of luck

yeah, that could be a sign of a problem. Put it this way, if the address issue was indeed an honest mistake (which happens all of the time and sometimes are not even the seller's fault. Like I said, Ive had stuff shipped where the label just fell off and the only identifying mark was the usps barcode serial number and I still managed to track it down at my local post) then it should be an easy fix especially for the USPS. It will eventually be rerouted and either sent back to the seller (who can send it to you) or redirected and sent to your address.

Another issue that may be occurring is if the customs form was filled out incorrectly (an address typed out on the handwritten portion of the form may be different than one written on the box-that could potentially cause a problem).

If it wasn't and the seller is dodging you then you are indeed up the proverbial creek. Really hope it works out. Keep reaching out to the guy and hope he gets back to ya.

To all the people listing Dior on eBay, don't bother dealing with the UK user skymew. He is a total flake, if not a scammer (despite the 2000+ positive reviews). He offered to buy a jacket off me, but only after I jumped through hoops to accommodate him in price and policy. Then he just kept putting off the payment. Six months later, he contacted me again, but it took him another week just to ask for my Paypal info. I sold the jacket to someone else, in the meantime, and got a better price. 

Haha

Seems like he is doing the same thing with me right now.

Edit : He actually paid.

Edited by Trinity

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in a dispute with a scum bag that wants a full refund after 2.5 weeks of wearing my NWT Dior silver selvedge raws that I sold to him. I always hear that ebay sides with the buyer on disputes..you guys think I can win? He didn't respond to any of my posts in the dispute.

You have escalated the case to eBay Customer Support. Jul 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM

You have responded to the buyer. Jul 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Your message to the buyer:
"The buyer’s dispute about the $600 Dior jeans is frivolous and fraudulent. The buyer is obviously suffering from buyer’s remorse after wearing the jeans for 2.5 weeks. 1) According to tracking via USPS (9410809699938572896925), the buyer signed for the jeans on 7/2/14 and the case was opened on 7/18/14. The buyer had 2.5 weeks to wear the jeans in the California heat and probably stained them himself. 2) I offered the buyer a partial refund of $100 for dry cleaning. If the buyer does not accept the $100 for dry cleaning, then truly the issue is not “a stain inside the jeans†but stems elsewhere. 3) The buyer claims the stain “is on the inside of the jeansâ€, but not on the outside? The photos of the jeans I provided during its time at auction provides proof there was no signs of wear or stains on the exterior. Also, the buyer has NOT provided photographic evidence of this supposed stain. "

We have notified the buyer of your intent to issue a partial refund of $100.00 through PayPal. Jul 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Refund information:
A partial refund of $100.00 through PayPal. If the buyer accepts your offer, issue a refund by Jul 21, 2014.
Your note:
"I've thought about this situation thoroughly, and I am prepared to offer you $100 for dry cleaning and compensation; And take your word that there was a manufacture defect that led to a stain on the "inside of the jeans". Please accept this partial refund as I had no idea there was a stain on the inside on the jeans. "

You have responded to the buyer. Jul 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM

"Can you please post pictures of this stain? I am completely baffled, as the jeans were completely brand new."

You have responded to the buyer. Jul 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM

"Can you please be more specific on the location of the stain?"

The buyer opened a case: Item doesn't match the description Jul 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM

The case details:
The buyer says the item doesn't match the description.
The buyer paid on Jun 29, 2014.
The item is defective or broken
Additional information:
"There is a stain on the inside of the jean"
The buyer requested:
A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.
Transaction information:
While the buyer's case is open, the funds from this transaction, including the purchase price and shipping, are not available for withdrawal.

Edited by unouomedude

i hope you win, but i lost a claim this year guy claimed after a whole month since receiving it that there were stains on a shirt. didn't even have to provide photos to PayPal and they refunded him

PayPal's policy is basically that they don't care, cuz in their eyes if the item is returned to you, you have a chance to sell it again so it's win-win. if you are lucky, you will get a representative who actually reads and thinks about each case

i have been lucky once where a buyer took a photo that didn't show anything and PayPal sided with me

in my experience, as annoying as it is, it is always best to call in to PayPal to fully explain the situation

I called ebay and got the same Indian guy I talked to couple days ago about my case. And this nice guy said he would message the buyer and offer him 5 days to provide proof that jeans are "stained on the inside" and unworn; otherwise, the case will close in my favor

Edited by unouomedude

lol you should have called during different times of day. i've had to call 3 different times for a single case before i got someone competent

then you should be able to win if the representative is true to his word. it sounds like you sold a brand new item, so it would be very difficult for him to prove it is unworn, even if he were willing to stain and fuck up your item to get his money back

even if you somehow lose, appeal it if it returns to you in a different condition than you sent it. sometimes PayPal will grant you a partial reversal of the refund

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting anyone know who might sell to this guy, his grailed account is this http://www.grailed.com/users/10082-loekkehoej92/wardrobe

sent him two RO shirts on the 28th, shipped from australia to denmark. the tracking doesnt work which, as most know, is not unusual. immediately the dude is freaking out, i show him a picture of the receipt:

http://i.gyazo.com/f20f7974da4592eb322e2bbe83cb62a4.png

its been less than 10 days, less than 8 working days for that matter, and the guy is claiming that it should never take this long and that i've scammed him.

i've sold to over 20 different individuals here and never had an issue:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/149135-fs-raf-simons-archive-bomber/

i dont really care since he paid gift and i know they'll get there eventually, but hes anal as hell and a nuisance to deal with, i would avoid.

Edited by goodonyachamp