transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

WARNING!

Superfuture username: nostradramos

"nostradramos" and myself agreed on a deal for a used pair of Acne Ace jeans. We agreed on 110 USD included shipping, which would be the cheapest method available(not including tracking in my country). Nostradramos then paid this amount trough paypal, and I sent the jeans the following day which I have proof of. Nostradramos has now claimed the money back trough paypal due to claiming not to have received the jeans, he has now both my jeans and the full amount of 110 USD. Please watch out for this user!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what exactly is your proof of him receiving the package?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Username: alexthephallus

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/user/167261-alexthephallus/

Bought raf velcros from him and paid on the 2nd of february. He mislead me with a lot of bullshit about why he still hasn't sent the shoes and then today I found out that he sold them to another user on ~9th of February and shipped them to that user about 10 days ago. He has consistently and deliberately lied to me about this and I would strongly advise against dealing with him.

Very strange behaviour for such a prominent user of this site.

^ He sold me a fake Raf Simons x Brian Calvin tee a few months ago, and it was in his knowledge that it was fake. I didn't really bring it to light because I didn't browse sufu much at the time. I have proof if anyone really cares, but I'm over it now. I just want to make sure nobody has to go through dealing business with him after that happened to you. 

^ He sold me a fake Raf Simons x Brian Calvin tee a few months ago, and it was in his knowledge that it was fake. I didn't really bring it to light because I didn't browse sufu much at the time. I have proof if anyone really cares, but I'm over it now. I just want to make sure nobody has to go through dealing business with him after that happened to you. 

I dealt with him and it all panned out fine. Edited out my incorrect worries in this post for his sake.

Still, those two other things he did are super not cool, anyone managed to chase him up on that?

Edited by NoisyArmchair

superfuture username: nostradramos (Christopher Ramos or [email protected])

I told him I'd send my RO jacket via USPS priority mail with tracking. He insisted that I use a different address, and not his PayPal address when shipping with USPS. I shipped to his newly provided address. This user made no requests whatsoever about shipping. According to USPS the package was delivered, but he claims it never arrived. Now after the incident he's blaming me for not using signature confirmation, yet never asked for it. Paypal has decided to settle the dispute in his favor, because there was no signature confirmation, and since I sent the item to a different address. He claimed to paypal that he never provided any other address. I sent PayPal the conversation we had here on SuFu, but they only consider information that is handled through PayPal. It seems that this has happened with this user before. Coincidence? I think not. He lied to PayPal so he’d probably get to keep both the money and the jacket.

Can anyone please help me escalate this? I lost $700, and will do whatever it takes to get it back.

Regardless, BLOCK THIS USER NOW. Please don’t let him fuck over anyone else!

superfuture username: nostradramos (Christopher Ramos or [email protected])

I told him I'd send my RO jacket via USPS priority mail with tracking. He insisted that I use a different address, and not his PayPal address when shipping with USPS. I shipped to his newly provided address. This user made no requests whatsoever about shipping. According to USPS the package was delivered, but he claims it never arrived. Now after the incident he's blaming me for not using signature confirmation, yet never asked for it. Paypal has decided to settle the dispute in his favor, because there was no signature confirmation, and since I sent the item to a different address. He claimed to paypal that he never provided any other address. I sent PayPal the conversation we had here on SuFu, but they only consider information that is handled through PayPal. It seems that this has happened with this user before. Coincidence? I think not. He lied to PayPal so he’d probably get to keep both the money and the jacket.

Can anyone please help me escalate this? I lost $700, and will do whatever it takes to get it back.

Regardless, BLOCK THIS USER NOW. Please don’t let him fuck over anyone else!

You're screwed. Sorry. Always use signature confirmation on items over $250 and always ship to confirmed addresses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Frank.wes becareful with this guy. I bought a DH desroyed jeans from him. Paid 750. He gave me a spoof tracking... then when I ask him, he said custom has issue so he gave me another tracking. Then when I receive the package. I open it up, it was a ripped fake nudies jean. Then when I contacted him, he claim the custom messed it up. Scammer took 750 from me

Frank.wes becareful with this guy. I bought a DH desroyed jeans from him. Paid 750. He gave me a spoof tracking... then when I ask him, he said custom has issue so he gave me another tracking. Then when I receive the package. I open it up, it was a ripped fake nudies jean. Then when I contacted him, he claim the custom messed it up. Scammer took 750 from me

Paypal dispute?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I figured. Is it worth it/possible to take to small claims court?

for the record, yes. 

most people aren't familiar with the process of suing / threatening legal action, but it's quite long, and you rarely need to [if ever] actually GO to court. 

the first step is called a demand letter. you can download templates online for this, and it always looks best sent on a legal firm's letterhead [got failed actor friends in law school? ;)]. 

you write a letter, explaining your demands [in this case, give me my stolen property back, or my money - you choose!], when they need to be met, and that if they fail to meet them, they can expect to be sued in small claims court. 

it then goes on to explain how much this will cost them in legal fees when they lose, and how it will PERMANENTLY affect their credit et al.

trust me [ed: really], they work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a newbie member here filing a claim with paypal because he's experiencing buyer's remorse. What kind of recourse do I have? 

I'll also take this opportunity to put out a SELLERS BEWARE on member:

Yode

Profile: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/user/128419-yode/

Edited by TresUnCool

BEWARE

a2nadam -

purchased some pants from him, two weeks later PMd him for an update or tracking.. No response for almost 2 weeks then I saw him make another classifieds post so I contacted him there. He said he would check back with the post office the next day. That was the last time he replied to me, on April 22nd. I contacted him through his paypal email as well with no response.

Edited by egoody

So, there's basically ZERO seller protection anywhere, right? 

Is "gift" payment literally the only way a buyer can nut up and put their money where there mouth is?

You have protection if you sell with tracking.  I had someone dispute a payment and I got refunded and the case closed as soon as I saw that the item was shipped to his address.  It might have helped that I also called and spoke to an actual person.

If he claims fake, then PayPal requires a third party confirmation usually.

I'm not sure what happens if he claims damaged though.  The link to your SuFu thread where you sold it from (especially if you provided the link in the notes of the payment) might be OK, as well as PMs, possibly.  I'd definitely call though.

• 2 weeks later...

itchiest

Scammed me

The parcel apparently got lost between L.A and London, and he refuses to pay me back. 

What can I do in order to get my money back??

Did he provide tracking information? And did you discuss insured shipping?