presto718

canada :: montreal :: general

my band is playing a festival in montreal on nov 4

http://www.myspace.com/avarninginmtl

if you like punk rock you should go

la belle provence, what up. steamies and poutine all night. have you dudes been to that patati patata place? is it as good as i hear?

Need suggestions on some hostels, will be in town to check out igloofest. Anything going in terms of bars and lounges?

Need suggestions on some hostels, will be in town to check out igloofest. Anything going in terms of bars and lounges?

hotels are super cheap in montreal. like 1/2 the price of what you'd pay in nyc.

i love ye olde orchard for

and

cafe campus and foufounes for fresh ass

LULZ

Club super sexe - $10 full contact lapdances and weekday buffet in one place.

Where else can you find such quality culture!?

19250.jpg

i thoroughly reject super sexe as everyones recommendation. when i lived there, my girl worked there (not as a dancer) and i couldnt even stand hanging out there when the drinks were free. its a once a year kind of place. if that.

I'm not saying there's not better strip clubs (most of them are better) but it's hard to beat all you can eat buffet strip club. I think it's the only one of those in montreal.

heard karma sutra is good

i hear that a lot of people just opt for prostitutes cause the ones in MTL are relatively inexpensive and good looking

you will get bled dry in any st catherine st strip bar. they will tell you they serve til 5am and charge you $50 cover and then kick you out promptly at 3. ive heard so many horror stories. plus this full contact shit is gay if youre not american. niagara falls strip clubs shit all over montreals. and they actually sit on you for lappers.

only saving grace of those bars is the bouncers outside saying RUGGED shit to passersby.

my friend got a 10 dollar lapdance from a (very) pregnant stripper, shortly after she had been involved in an 8 stripper fistfight IN THE BAR. plus she was drinking.

montreal.

i'm going to montreal this weekend. hitting these stores:

U&I

Michel Brisson

TNT

Holt Renfrew

Reborn

is there any other stores in this vain worth checking out? denim spots? dope shoes? any good vintage places?

There's two Micheal Brisson. The one in the old port has more "cleaner" stuff and the other one on laurier (1012 laurier w.) has stocks ann dem, rick owens and other designers).

There's Les Créateurs on sherbrooke, near the Musée des beaux-arts.It's a womenswear store that stock yohji, ahider, ann, rick, junya and more. Theres lots of piece that can be worn by man and there was still lots of pieces from older collections on sale, last time i went there.

There's Mona Moore right under the store. It's a women designers shoe store, but they have some ma+ and some other nice things for men.

You might also want to visit Duo. I've never visited the store, so I don't know what they curently have but it says on their site that they stock brands like lanvin, viktor&rolf, raf, ysl, kva, etc

staying in montreal for a few days in march and have looked through the thread but did not see too many hotel recommendations; considering booking le petit hotel, any other suggestions would be quite welcome and appreciated.

also, a bar or two on the quieter / quainter side of things would be excellent..

I liked Chåteau L'Argoat. More quaint and nice than mod.

Very homey and old Montréal. Everything within a few blocks towards the water is more small restaurants and things like that.

Got a reservation for Au Pied Du Cochon for 10 people on a Friday for when my friends go in May. Super excited.

get the duck in a can obvious

the pied de cochon is also good

actually almost everything there is good

pro b one of my favorite restaurants regardless of how 'trendy' it is

their house brew sucks doe

man, Ive never been o:

I was supposed to go twice and both times I had last minute bs to deal with

we'll go before the nba finals

SUP ALEX WHERE YOU AT

at work ;)

and you?

we're really due to do something btw

Pied de Cochon is awesome

Word of advice, if you go with the fois gras poutine, share with many many ppl, it's sooooooooooo heavy, but good

Got a reservation for Au Pied Du Cochon for 10 people on a Friday for when my friends go in May. Super excited.

This weekend is approaching. Anyone got any good drug connections? PM me.

sure, we push mad weight through superfuture. check out our thread in supermarket!

Hey if you came to Toronto I could hook you up.

What do you want?

Weed can be bought easily pretty much 24 / 7 at the mountain. just go around the statue. The weed is not the best, but pricing is generally fair so it's a good back-up option.

the vast majority of clubs will have a coke dealer, usualy not very hard to find either. and if you ever go to an afterhour, you can get pretty much anything there.

when does the michel brisson sale start?

need to cop that W+H hoodie

probably already started. never go there but I can go check since it's 5min from my place. which one is it?

probably already started. never go there but I can go check since it's 5min from my place. which one is it?

the new one

NOT the one in the old montreal

1012 Avenue Laurier Ouest, Outremont,

this one