canada :: montreal :: general

presto718

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Heading over this weekend and was wondering which lounges/bars to hit up right now. On my list currently are Tokyo Bar and Opera.

Also, any lunch recommendations?

Thanks!

Opera is beyond crap

Tokyo is hit or miss (ok i admit i use to go often), nice rooftop bar, but music is usually crappy (really miss those tuesday Circa hip-hop night). Plus the smaller bar use to have the coolest set up, but it's pretty boring since they renovated

as you probably know, best spot for clubs are st-laurent between Pine and Sherbrooke and old montreal (generally slightly older crowd, less mcgill hipsters, more expensive) and the Mile End

Opera is beyond crap

Tokyo is hit or miss (ok i admit i use to go often), nice rooftop bar, but music is usually crappy (really miss those tuesday Circa hip-hop night). Plus the smaller bar use to have the coolest set up, but it's pretty boring since they renovated

as you probably know, best spot for clubs are st-laurent between Pine and Sherbrooke and old montreal (generally slightly older crowd, less mcgill hipsters, more expensive) and the Mile End

Thanks Kasper. Do you have any specific recommendations for those areas you mentioned? Not too familiar with the area actually.

Thanks!

Thanks Kasper. Do you have any specific recommendations for those areas you mentioned? Not too familiar with the area actually.

Thanks!

Old Montreal:

Garde-Mangez: one of my favourite, but eating w/o a reservation won't be possible

Suite 701: Killer rooftop patio, perfect from pre-drinks

Holel Nelligan: same as Suite 701

Business Lounge: cool lounge, food is good, but as expected a little overpriced. Mtl Canadiens players are there all the time

Cherry: only been only and was pretty hammered, but looked like the kind of club i liked

Tribe: don't like the place, but is very popular, interior is wack (i think) and Paris Hilton has had parties there

Time: not really old montreal, but close enough. music is generally good, probably "most expensive" place in mtl, love the set-up. may have to give quite a generous tip to get a table if it's full. it's a supper club concept and the food is decent if you want to eat there

St-Laurent

Bueno Notto, Globe, etc: food / club concept, used to be quite the "it" place. crowd is really wack, music crappy, but if you want to go where everyone wants to go...

there's like a millions clubs in a 2 block radius so just walk around and pick. like i said before, crowd is young (thnk mostly uni students)

Miles End

Miles End: used to go there all the time, but haven't been in at least a year and a half. don't be fooled by the downstairs bar, you have to take the stairs and go up to go the the club

anyway, have to go on a conf. call and i don't think i'll be able to give more suggestions today, but feel free to google a bit or pick-up a nightlife magazine when in town. have fun and enjoy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sousvide

hey all,

im moving to montreal in a few weeks. trying to find a place to live. what areas would you recommend? how is griffintown? any advice would help thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
hey all,

im moving to montreal in a few weeks. trying to find a place to live. what areas would you recommend? how is griffintown? any advice would help thanks.

McGill Ghetto is nice. There's everything you need around, it's right next to downtown, kinda safe and cheap rents.

It's like, you close to St-Denis, St-Laurent, Ste-Cath, etc. Really a great location for students that don't need a top apartment.

best dance clubs to pick up girls at in montreal? 20s-30s crowd.

cafe campus and foufounes

just kidding. that's if you wanna pick up super young girls.

do i know you?

there are only a few hipsters in burlington and they all work for burton

are you one of them?

• 1 month later...