Superfuture Boxing Fans?

Leonard Leroy

donaire is good but his last 2 performances weren't impressive. i'd probably replace donaire with marquez

dawson looked like shit last weekend. there were rumors that he got knocked out by miranda in sparring.

i'm excited for martinez vs. chavez. i don't see martinez knocking out chavez, but hopefully he earns a stoppage by cuts or swelling. i really hope he doesn't get robbed.

12th round of martinez vs chavez HOLY SHIT

besides the 6th round, chavez was looking bummy the entire night. but god damn did he make up for it by nearly knocking martinez the fuck out in the last round

i don't know how martinez managed to stay on his feet cause he was getting hit flush after the kd

interesting fight... i really thought he could do it

martinez was still throwing after getting knocked down though, and chavez was clearly out of gas.

don't really want to see a rematch lol

Edited by mass

• 2 months later...

does anyone still think pac could beat mayweather

I don't know. I mean, three or four years ago I thought Pacman would have probably won, but since then it seems almost like boxing is a distraction from his political career. And Mayweather hasn't appeared to slow down much at all.

what are your fight of the year candidates?

for me, it's pacquiao marquez hands down. i was skeptical for the 4th fight and thought all that knockout talk was bs, but god damn i was not expecting that.

fighter of the year? marquez is the obvious choice, but donaire had a very good year. he fought 4 times this year and won at least 2 of those impressively. he's exciting to watch and is fighting in a live division atm.

the only guy who can beat donaire right now is rigondeaux. he's a ko puncher, just as fast, a southpaw, and while he's shorter, uses distance very well. the thing that makes the fight exciting is that rigondeaux's been dropped a few times in his short pro career.

Edited by Phrost3

Donaire I like for figher of the year. Fighting 4 times in a year...so awesome, unlike someone we know.

But I heard Robert Guerrero was named Fighter of the Year...I don't know what the hell he did...he beat Berto yeah and I heard he's #10 P4P. I think GoldenBoy is hyping him up for a Mayweather fight.

• 4 months later...

2013 update

rios alvarado 2 was more of the same, but alvarado definitely earned the win.

canelo trout was good, but the judges were obviously paid off. canelo needs to learn to throw more punches. i remember canelo giving away at least 2 of the middle rounds cause all he did was pose and slip punches. 

bradley provodnikov was a beatdown. fight of the year for me so far. bradley marquez is a lot more intriguing now that we know bradley can be consistently hurt. even though marquez is a smaller fighter coming up, he's still a puncher. exciting matchup 

martinez's middleweight reign is done. in my eyes, he looked pretty much the same as before, but he just can't move as well and can't take a punch now. i think golovkin will rise to be the standout of the mw division

mayweather looks sharp as ever, much better than in his fight with cotto. after the first round when guerrero landed a few left hands, including a heavy left to mayweather's body, i thought it would have been competitive match up, but i was wrong

matthysse just shows how much of a puncher he is at 140. hopefully he gets his shot against garcia. i think it'll be a close fight. 

• 2 weeks later...

canelo barely throws enough punches as it is. against mayweather, he's going to get frustrated and clam up as he continually gets countered, like they all do. don't forget canelo got tired and visibly slowed down half way through his fight with trout. 

it's interesting that marquez's trainer, nacho beristain, was quoted saying that mayweather canelo would be an even fight. he's one of the few who picked rigondeaux over donaire, saying rigondeaux would outclass donaire pretty easily.

Canelo will give Mayweather his first knock down, maybe his toughest fight next to Dela Hoya/Cotto but Floyd will win by decision. I do give credit to canelo for the fact that he "punches through" where as Guerrero did not.