Aitor Throup

seenmy

I am unsure about the video at the moment, might have to watch it again.

The concept behind it is very nice, and I was especially impressed by the "tailoring"

of the instrument covers. And that last instruments shoulder/hood/thing/layering was really nice. I found these outfits simple in a way, but I guess they have to be seen upclose. The elbow and glove transformation details looked interesting, but it went too fast to really see how they worked.

I guess the homemade kind of "Michel Gondry" way the movie was done doesn't really go with the image/atmosphere I had in my mind with his stuff. I expected it to be "slicker/hightech" in a way I guess.

I have to say that I never handled his stuff, I'm curious as to how the pieces feel?

Still, nice job!

the production on them is like nothing you willl have ever seen,he created a new process for the tailoring so the garments are essentially seamless(obviously there are jions)but not seam allowence so everythingsits flat inside and out,the cases are amazing nd the transformations even better as they were not designed,they are just a direct result of the pieces of the instrument case being placed on to the body,the sausaphone is the best and most exciting example of it,

I am unsure about the video at the moment, might have to watch it again.

I guess the homemade kind of "Michel Gondry" way the movie was done doesn't really go with the image/atmosphere I had in my mind with his stuff. I expected it to be "slicker/hightech" in a way I guess.

I have to say that I never handled his stuff, I'm curious as to how the pieces feel?

Frankly I think it's far more interesting to see these purportedly "high tech" ideas presented in a manner that's more grounded in actual urban environments and about the people who wear them than about being shiny and slick.

It's more about reimagining the marching musicians uniform in a manner that's highly functional than it is about presenting a Raf Simon's-esque shiny-future-fashion. It's more about the present, the past even, than it is about the future, despite its futuristic ideas. As a result, to me, the video succeeds admirably.

Just my take on it.

the concept is pretty nuts! are there any still pictures?

yeah. they had the skull bags (which i slept on.. wonder if they still have them), shoes, hats, and some other small things i think.

I dont recall seeing anything there. well, I was very underwhelmed by what they had all together, but quite sure no Throup items.

This thread is useless without pics!

hahaha

As with the small amount of images from his graduation work and those concept pages for Umbro I'm again WELL IMPRESSED.

Dude's gonna be the next gothninjasteez...

yea it basically seems like the moronic fashion press were to shorsighted to photograph his collection and only took images of the dribble on the catwalk at man instead

its a real shame,im going to try and get hold of some betterimages once im back from NY .heres what i have from the show anyways shit pics my cam died almost instantly

for those interested this issue of Vman features a 8 page shoot styled by Aitor with items from this collection and previous collections shot by solve sunsbo ,theres also a great editorial in 032c (germn publication) featuring his MA collection,

PhotoLibrary-288.jpg

PhotoLibrary-291.jpg

PhotoLibrary-292.jpg

PhotoLibrary-294.jpg

PhotoLibrary-295.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

they arent in the libary at the minute,well im 99% sure that there is nothing avalible in any retail spaces at the minute from aitor,some shoes from most recent collection could be on sale soon not sure how much but they are the samples that were used in the show.il find out next week

• 1 year later...