Common Projects Now At Cmonwealth...

joey_formal

• 2 weeks later...

That Peter guy in charge of the brand is weird. Things were fine when Seven and NDG and blackbird were carrying it. What a cruddy business move. Sure to get long lasting love from the fans.

it's a strange move to sell to a store that is a little more downmarket this early in the brand's inception, coming from an original cp fan who owns three pairs

i dont understand y every1 thnk stor is downmarket...dey got BBC wich last time i chk was stok @ barneyz. the stor as whole is startn 2 stok mor high end lablz last time i was dere dats wat they sai.

You are a moron. The brand obviously needs to grow and make money. If they continued on only selling to 7-10 stores worlwide the business would crumble under itself. They are doing a great job with distribution and growth while still maintaining their solid core of original fans. They are now broadening the scope of their business.

Mate, growth is fine. Just pick the right stores. You don't really have to make CP available in every state. Business is business but anyone in this business knows that ensuring longevity is the best way to achieve growth and money over time. Negligent stocking doesn't ensure love from all the people who came to like the brand in the first place. I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna give a shit about CP in 2 seasons. At the end of the day we're all picky bastards and things like that will eventually give reason for people to move on to something else.

there is nothing wrong with opening up your distribution, but you have to do in a way that strategically makes sense and doesn't compromise your equity. There is nothing wrong with Commonwealth. It is a top notch streetwear store, and good for what they do in their niche. I believe that cp made a mistake by selling to them, as the styling and price point of the brand does not fit the aestetic of the store in this particluar instance.

• 4 weeks later...

i did read the previous comments but i still need to ask about the sizing of cp.

do they run true in size?

usually i wear a EUR42/US8,5 in most of my shoes esp. nike and so on.

in dior i wear a EUR40. anyone could suggest a cp size?

can't help my but those patents are way too sweet.

he asked about sizing my man.

Dior 40's are roughly 40 in CP, maybe 41 but probably closer to 40. Both run big by about a full size. I wear a 7.5 in chucks and I have Diors in 40s, CP in 40. All are about the same size roughly, accounting for the fact that CP's only come in whole sizes.