Albam clothing

ruprecht

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
hmmm. i was thinking the same thing.

more options in the eternal quest for the perfect plain white tee are always welcome.

We have just opened our first albam store in London, well 3 weeks ago now. Our site is not updated yet, it will be in 2 weeks and the store keeps getting more styles in all the time. If you are in the area we are at 23 Beak Street, just round the corner from Carnaby St.

• 2 months later...

Got a scarf from here from my sister for Xmas - love it. Decided to check out the site and their stuff looks really, really nice. They had a little piece in the Observer magazine the other day too.

Going to pop in to have a look at the weekend and hopefully cop a few shirts.

Finally! An alternative to my staples of APC and 6876 (Silas RIP)!

• 3 months later...

I just discovered this on the Monocle site.

They make Japanese denim selvage and various classic items, prices are quite low, looks interesting!

Yeah I like these guys. I shop at their london store quite a bit. They've got a decent range, comprising well made basics, workwear styles (eg carpenter shirts, fishermans' cagoules) and more boaty, preppy stuff (deck shoes, car coats). Everything has a distinct English flavour, plus a lot of the stuff is made in England (including the denim).

Clothes are decently made and materials are good quality. Their shirts have shell buttons and my experience of their Ts is that they don't shrink. They also make an excellent chambray shirt.

Looking forward to their a/w stuff! Evidently there will be lots of flannel.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some online. The cords are very nice quality, made in England, and comfortable, they make me feel like a professor in the 1950s (although, actually, Albam is more modern than that...). The parcel arrived with a hand-written note!! They're out of stock on the things I want the most, so I'll definitely buy again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stumbled across this shop a few weeks ago. Will definately be hooking a pair of the classic slims in the VERY near future.

Great shop.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have recently discovered this brand too. I have since ordered a pair of the straight leg Japanese denims. The fit and quality are superb!! :D

They remind me of slightly looser APC NS's.

I have been wearing them almost solidly since last week (meaning my RM S613s are getting no wear at all).

I was so pleased with the service and the jeans that I ordered one of the over-dyed work shirts which came today too. From initial inspection this also looks great, can't wait to get home to try it on. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
for an easy reference I wear a 42 in cp's and I ended up ordering a 9.5 in the deck boots. I talked to them about it too and thats the size they suggested. They better fit.

So you ordered the boots in a size 9.5 UK, when you are a size 42 in CP? That sounds quite odd as a UK 9.5 normally translates to a 43.5 or 44. But if you mean a size 8.5 uk which is a 9.5 US it makes a bit more sense.

I also ordered the deck boots in Burgundy in a size 9.5 and I am a size 44 in most brands. I just hope they will fit.

I also ordered a pair of slim leg jeans on which I sized down 1. I couldn't find info on sufu about the sizing on them, so I hope I nailed it - but I think it said something about buying true-to-size or even sizing down either 1 or 2 sizes depending on the desired fit in their catalogue.

If you want I can give some feedback once I receive both jeans and boots, I will gladly provide you with some info.

Cheers and merry christmas

I'm not sure it will help at all, but I bought the japanese straight fits true to size when I ordered. I bought them in a 33 which I found fits well.

Currently I am wearing them without a soak or anything, I would say the fit is similar to APC NS's but slightly fuller, I suspect the slim version may fit very similar to APC NSs.

I might have been able to size one or two down to maybe a 32 or even a 31 at a pinch (literally possibly)!! But I wanted them a little fuller than some of my slimmer pairs so went true to size for that reason.

I have a pair of the classic slims. You do need to size down one (i'm a 33 waist and the 32's are comfortably loose but not baggy)

There's barely any shrikage or stretch so they stay as they are. Nice shaped jean!!

So you ordered the boots in a size 9.5 UK, when you are a size 42 in CP? That sounds quite odd as a UK 9.5 normally translates to a 43.5 or 44. But if you mean a size 8.5 uk which is a 9.5 US it makes a bit more sense.

I also ordered the deck boots in Burgundy in a size 9.5 and I am a size 44 in most brands. I just hope they will fit.

I also ordered a pair of slim leg jeans on which I sized down 1. I couldn't find info on sufu about the sizing on them, so I hope I nailed it - but I think it said something about buying true-to-size or even sizing down either 1 or 2 sizes depending on the desired fit in their catalogue.

If you want I can give some feedback once I receive both jeans and boots, I will gladly provide you with some info.

Cheers and merry christmas

I did this because they told me to do so.

I went into the shop last night and tried on the boots. They really are lovely. FYI- i'm generally a standard size 9 (43) and the size 9 boot felt a bit big. possibly half a size up so my advice would be to size down by a half (if it's not too late).

Gonna place a reserve on some 8.5's when they restock.

I went into the shop last night and tried on the boots. They really are lovely. FYI- i'm generally a standard size 9 (43) and the size 9 boot felt a bit big. possibly half a size up so my advice would be to size down by a half (if it's not too late).

Gonna place a reserve on some 8.5's when they restock.

You just made my day with that post. Thanks. I ordered them in a size 9.5 and I am a size 10, so half a size down sounds like I am getting myself a pair of boots that fit.

Great seeing some activity on this thread. It is very nice, because this brand is sure entitled to some more focus and attention - but then again not too much, as a lot of the great things are already sold out.

What else besides jeans and deck boots have any of you guys been thinking about buying?

cheers