wings & horns f/w 07

ddohnggo

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in nomad in toronto today. i saw one w+h piece from the f/w 2007 collection that doesn't seem to be anywhere online. not at blackbird, stel's, etc . i phoned them, they didn't know the piece i was talking about.

it's the same material as the shawl sweater , but it's got the big buttons down the front, and a large turned over collar, which also has buttons, fastening it to the shirt.

i guess i would call it a cardigan (but it's not the thermal cardigan i see in the collection, totally different).

anyone seen this online or in a local shop? nomad had already sold out of the size and color i was looking for. i can't seem to even find a picture of it online.

thanks.

i was in nomad in toronto today. i saw one w+h piece from the f/w 2007 collection that doesn't seem to be anywhere online. not at blackbird, stel's, etc . i phoned them, they didn't know the piece i was talking about.

it's the same material as the shawl sweater , but it's got the big buttons down the front, and a large turned over collar, which also has buttons, fastening it to the shirt.

i guess i would call it a cardigan (but it's not the thermal cardigan i see in the collection, totally different).

anyone seen this online or in a local shop? nomad had already sold out of the size and color i was looking for. i can't seem to even find a picture of it online.

thanks.

yea i know the one you're talking about

as for finding it online your guess is as good as mine

Yep, it's a little confusing but we call that our Slatted Fleece Cardigan. A nice piece, but we had snuck the shape in in Spring07 and it was updated with fabric for Fall.

I can't find our production piece to shoot, but here's a pic of the Proto, with stitching details correct. The rib used is different -- it's chunkier with more texture.

2007-11-05 W+H Slatted Fleece Cardigan Proto.jpg

And the colour's a little messed because I had to tweak it up to show the details. Original garment is black.

Kane, thanks very much for the reply and the picture, much appreciated. that is indeed the style i was looking for.

to anyone : is there a stockist list anywhere for wings and horns? i can't find this piece at any web retailer, so i guess i'll have to phone around. i'm probably too late anyway, but i'd like to try.

do spruce and/or wings + horns tiger fleece hoodies shrink in the wash? i'm more concerned because i just bought a spruce hoodie from the supermarket (unwashed) and the arm openings have been stretched out a little too wide for my tastes. i want the arm openings to return to normal but i don' want to mess up the overall fit on the hoodie.

do spruce and/or wings + horns tiger fleece hoodies shrink in the wash? i'm more concerned because i just bought a spruce hoodie from the supermarket (unwashed) and the arm openings have been stretched out a little too wide for my tastes. i want the arm openings to return to normal but i don' want to mess up the overall fit on the hoodie.

My hasn't shrunk, just a bit more snug. But it will stretch out after some wheres. Spruce / W + H stuff holds up so far in the wash for me.

i sent your package today so you should know in a few days.

spruce= riri zipper

wings=lampo zipper

that and the cuts, as they updated the cuts. the old classics used to fit slim, now the slim fits like a spruce classic.

I disagree. The cut of the newest slim fit Wings+Horns hoodies are considerably shorter and slimmer than the Spruce classic fit hoodies. My Spruce classic fit medium is close to 40" in the chest, and 26" long. My newest Wings+Horns hoodie is just over 25" long, and 38" in the chest.

hmmm...

what i remember about the new classic fits were them being much bigger through the arms. i only had my classic w+h for a week or so before i decided i didn't want it. I have a tiger slim fit w+h that I compared about the same to my now lost spruce classic fit. i have no idea about this season though as i didn't buy any this year.

the one you got this year is classic or slim fit?

hmmm...

what i remember about the new classic fits were them being much bigger through the arms. i only had my classic w+h for a week or so before i decided i didn't want it. I have a tiger slim fit w+h that I compared about the same to my now lost spruce classic fit. i have no idea about this season though as i didn't buy any this year.

the one you got this year is classic or slim fit?

Slim. Comparing my older W+H slim fits with my Spruce Classic fit, I would say that they are similar, except that the Spruce is a little roomier in the chest. Everything else is about the same. Starting in SS07, however, the hoodies are noticieably shorter. Maybe just 1", but it makes a noticieable difference.

From what i hear and see in waywt outfits, it fits like the classic fit in the body but with a slimmer fit in the arms than in the past.You could probably get away with sizing down as far as the chest is concerned, but then the length might become an issue as all the stuff seems to be cut a bit shorter.

Any stockists have some slim fit medium hoodies left? Preferebly in wine. Or would anyone that has it want to bareknuckle box for it?