NEW TO DRY DENIM ? LOOKING FOR YOUR FIRST PAIR ? This is your thread .

beatle

the natural tendencies of new message board posters is to start a new thread asking what they want to ask anyway.

stickied or not, the questions you're hoping to avoid will not stop. you'd have to lock the new thread option for anything like that to be remotely possible.

Wow...you guys are all rays of sunshine. If this thread can be referred to for repeated questions, or even stop a few new threads from starting now and then, its worth it.

If someone else has a better idea, please get it going, because I don't see anyone else attempting to keep the board informative and efficient.

Wow...you guys are all rays of sunshine. If this thread can be referred to for repeated questions, or even stop a few new threads from starting now and then, its worth it.

Because we aren't jumping up and down and saying this is the best idea ever? It's probably good for the board to have people discussing its content management anyways. In case I'm mistaken, I thought I was trying to contribute to this discussion.

Anyways "referred to for repeated questions" is already the encyclopaedia, and "stop a few new threads from starting" is small questions.

All I'm suggesting is that the newbie guide - which is a good idea by the way, not disputing that - be made into one single thread, combining it with simple questions. That way people can just be referred to one thread where they can try to proactively answer their simple questions, then ask new ones if they need to.

Do you think that's a bad idea?

Because we aren't jumping up and down and saying this is the best idea ever? It's probably good for the board to have people discussing its content management anyways. In case I'm mistaken, I thought I was trying to contribute to this discussion.

Anyways "referred to for repeated questions" is already the encyclopaedia, and "stop a few new threads from starting" is small questions.

All I'm suggesting is that the newbie guide - which is a good idea by the way, not disputing that - be made into one single thread, combining it with simple questions. That way people can just be referred to one thread where they can try to proactively answer their simple questions, then ask new ones if they need to.

Do you think that's a bad idea?

My comment wasn't directed towards you if you look who I quoted.

And no, I don't think its a bad idea to combine it with the SQT...my previous point was that it could only be positioned on the front page, so hopefully people will read that page first...I don't think it makes any difference where this thread is located.

And I didn't ask anyone to jump up and down, and neither did Beatle...I was asking people to stop making critisisms without suggesting alternatives to make improvements, as you have done.

CHAPTER III

Sizing

Make sure you know your TRUE waist size.

Don't be vain - it will be punished.

23366582.jpg

True waist size means, out of the jeans you already own, get the pair which fits the best and measure the waistband out. I've had some variance when I try to measure my own actual waist.

the thing is with alot of other forums i've been on (non fashion related) most people make new threads for most things, instead of talking about 1 thing in the same thread over and over for hundreds of pages... i think this was a big change for me when i first started to post here, i try to never start a new topic now, cause most of the time its been done...

but this practice isn't common on most forums of the internet

the thing is with alot of other forums i've been on (non fashion related) most people make new threads for most things, instead of talking about 1 thing in the same thread over and over for hundreds of pages... i think this was a big change for me when i first started to post here, i try to never start a new topic now, cause most of the time its been done...

but this practice isn't common on most forums of the internet

that's why I like this forum...its pointless to try to look for information on other forums because they lack organization...sufu is great for that (albeit a bit harsh if you mess up). I think those of us that want sufu's denim section to be as informative as possible are contributing ideas to help people find information easily...some plans will work, and some won't, but its always worth trying.