3/4 length shirts

PAND

I will say that I think the 3/4 t-shirts are somewhat more acceptable in my book. I don't know. They just don't look as strange to me. Although the concept of having 3/4ths of a sleeve isnt any less ridiculous.

I see no point in 3/4 sleeve anything other than baseball sleeves. Button ups should either be long or short. Short = straight chillin Long = professional. There is no room for 3/4 sleeves except for baseball. And that's where you can go to a sports store and cop a ball tee for $7.

there is nothing better in this world than a 3/4 length sleeve, whether designed that way or a long-sleeve rolled up. barring formal events, the only thing i actually leave long-sleeved is outerwear, everything else gets usually gets rolled/cuffed up, tees and sweaters alike. always look like you just came from doing some work and are about to go do some more.

I see no point in 3/4 sleeve anything other than baseball sleeves. Button ups should either be long or short. Short = straight chillin Long = professional. There is no room for 3/4 sleeves except for baseball. And that's where you can go to a sports store and cop a ball tee for $7.

Word.

Long sleeves are more versatile as you can have them long or roll them up. With 3/4 sleeves you're in no-man's land.

word, totally useless

i hate fashion that has no practical value when it doesnt even result in a unique shilouette/aeshetic

might as well take a long sleeve shirt and shrink it , you'll look retarded either way

So, rolled sleeves or full length sleeves are more functional than 3/4 sleeves? I don't follow the "function" argument. Maybe that full sleeves keep that last 1/4 of your arm warmer in the winter? Same can be said about 3/4 sleeves keeping your arms cooler in the summer without having to roll them (which some people might claim is uncomfortable - under blazers for example). Now, I don't know if this is an "attractive" silhouette or aesthetic but it is certainly unique, I would say.

But also look at how a lot of slim fitting cardigans and sweaters are worn these days, usually not full length unless they're going for the oversized/drapey look.

I'm not saying this is brilliant or anything, but with the way proportion and fit in fashion evolves so quickly these days, crying BLASPHEMY about the proportion of a garment is, in my opinion, more "retarded" than the specific concept in question. I would have expected sufu'ers to be more open-minded.

you can't roll a long sleeve into a short sleeve without it being really uncomfortably tight, at least i can't. even rolling up to 3/4 sometimes is a uncomfortable if i'm wearing a jacket or coat. pre-fab 3/4 sleeves are extremely practical if you want to achieve the look of a 3/4 sleeve without the bulk of a cuff.

not only do i have a 3/4 sleeve button down, it's french cuff. i am with herps - it looks fine, albeit dandyish. but hey, if this isn't dandy central then i don't know what is. i am weaning myself from dandyism and thus have it on my soon-to-be-retired summer sale page so if one of you guys want to show you were down with this micro-trend years ago (courtesy of dries) you know where to find me!