Wrangler Repro Appreciate Thread

gimmegimme

This is one of the posts that mlwdp is referring to, but you should read them all.

In addition to those limited models, Wrangler only seem to produce this US-made selvedge pair using Cone White Oak denim as part of a regular line-up. Comments suggest they’re sanforized.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I believe some type of project Wrangler is coming out with is suppose to come out this summer when I spoke with Evan.  He wouldn't say what it was.  He did speak about how they're trying to make more eco friendly Denim.

If anybody here loves in Greensboro,  worth taking a trip to Hudson's Hill and speak to the owner, Evan.  Taking a trip to Wrangler shop is great too of course.

• 2 months later...

they are actually talking about forming a new/additional $2.5bn (estimated) revenue company and already announced the new/old CEO and CFO in order to streamline VF.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wrangler blue bell by Edwin. Lot 11MW 1952.

Left hand twill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Really sturdy good size pocket bags. Some kind of limited ed. 063/500.image.jpg

Compared to some other brands replica of a jean from ‘44.image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Spiraltoy

6 minutes ago, 501XX4EVER said:

Great find there @Spiraltoy, if they're anything like the "real" Wranglers, they will be impossible to fade, so good luck with that.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks! Yeah, they’re pretty far down on the list of jeans I’m going to wear but I’ll take that challenge. I’m usually a pretty fast fader.

2 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

Thanks! Yeah, they’re pretty far down on the list of jeans I’m going to wear but I’ll take that challenge. I’m usually a pretty fast fader.

The ones I had were late 80's early 90's(I guess) Made in the USA ones, they really were very stubborn but at the same time very hard wearing, it was difficult to put any kind of dent in them. I think some of it has to do withe the unique weave that Wrangler use, it's almost like the way Left Hand Twill wears/fades in it's own way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 5:42 AM, 501XX4EVER said:

The ones I had were late 80's early 90's(I guess) Made in the USA ones, they really were very stubborn but at the same time very hard wearing, it was difficult to put any kind of dent in them. I think some of it has to do withe the unique weave that Wrangler use, it's almost like the way Left Hand Twill wears/fades in it's own way.

They start out medium blue, so it's harder to build contrast. Also, broken twill is softer than RHT, so the fade lines tend to be less crisp than Levi's.

Just have to be patient. Start out by hammering them with six months or a year of unwashed wear. My current pair of Rigid 13MWZs is just 70 days in, and they are already showing their fades. They will look great after 180 days, or a year.

The 11MWZs shouldn't be broken twill. I don't believe Wrangler used that material in the '40s and '50s.

Not repro but I just grabbed a pair of 13MWZ made in Mexico, but still a wonderful pair of jeans. 

Put them on and forgot how much I loved the cut. 

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Not repro but I just grabbed a pair of 13MWZ made in Mexico, but still a wonderful pair of jeans. 

Put them on and forgot how much I loved the cut. 

The best jeans cut out there IMO...outside of expensive reissues of old Levi's and Lee cuts.

Yea I’ve never gotten into Levi’s. Always been a Wrangler guy. The cowboy cut is the perfect cut in my opinion and they’re tough as nails. I work construction and they’re a great work jean for $30!

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Yea I’ve never gotten into Levi’s. Always been a Wrangler guy. The cowboy cut is the perfect cut in my opinion and they’re tough as nails. I work construction and they’re a great work jean for $30!

Well, I like Wrangler, Levi's, and Lee, if you look at their entire history. They all made gorgeous and good fitting jeans. The '55 LVC, '44 LVC, and '66 LVC are in my personal top tier of jeans cuts I've ever tried. But as far as what they all have to offer in their current standard lines, Wrangler beats the rest. Standard line Lee is complete garbage these days (the Lee EU stuff is cool, though, but again, expensive). Most Wrangler is too, but the Cowboy Cut line is good. Levi's still make nice 505s and 517s, and I can't complain too much about simple 501 STFs. But as far as style and quality for the dollar spent, Wrangler wipes the floor with the other two right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone tried out the McCoys MP9161 11MWZ? Interested in particular in how much the (supposedly sanforized) fabric might shrink and stretch, but also after any general info or experience folks might have

• 3 weeks later...

That marks the end of the coin pocket, it doesn’t go all the way across to the hip. This is the least Wrangler-esque pair they made I think as they have lower-set pockets and a selvedge outseam with a loose, tapered cut. I really like them and hope they don’t shrink too much, or at least stretch out again if they do. They’re a size 30 ( no 31s left) and measure exactly 32” on the waist, which is OK, but I can’t manage anything smaller without stretch.