Wrangler Repro Appreciate Thread

gimmegimme

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Which ones didn't have stitching on the pockets, then?

Sedgefield was a wrangler subsidiary I believe. They offered a few without back pocket adornment in the late 70's IIRC, but then added a kind of low v half gull looking arcuate in the early 80's.

I had a pair for a while, I really liked the color of the denim but the hardware was shit. I bought them deadstock and wore them a month before the first wash. When I pulled them out of the washing machine two of the rivets fell out.

so this is random but ive always thought these deserve to be in the 13mwz/stf conversation

http://www.sheplers.com/mens/slim_fit_jeans/010869.html

have seen em in person, denim is pretty amazing for the price; this pic (only 1 i could find) captures it pretty well:

2vd67af.jpg

black patch kind of sucks, but w/e; can be had for less than $30

would make decent beaters

• 1 year later...

Although it's not a repro, Kapital released a broken twill version of their Cisco jean with some wrangler details such as the leather patch on the pocket. unfortunately, i doubt it is selvedge. maybe it is, but Kapital tends to show it in a picture or mention it in their description. neither of these are there. really cool looking jeans though!

http://www.kapital.jp/e-store/savefiles/itm_o9Ut8D_2.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve heard Real McCoys makes some. 

Then stumbled across Wrangler Japan that does some 11MW repros but haven’t heard anything about the quality

I posted a couple things in the waydt thread about what Wrangler has in store for this year and beyond.  Wrangler has some cool stuff coming out of their Greensboro location, which I sadly no longer live there as I moved to Charlotte recently.

Check it out if you haven't!

2 hours ago, kicks79 said:

So the consensus is that there is not a Wrangler repro line akin to LVC outside of Japan? 

There is. It's being done in Greensboro with Evan from Hudson Hill working with Wrangler.  I mentioned some of this info in the What are your jeans doing today thread.  The other repro line was limited in numbers, left hand and right hand twill only sold in the Wrangler store downtown.  Sold out months ago!