"Weeds" appreciation

coinlockerbaby

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show's not even about Weed anymore. I can understand the writers feeling like they needed t do something new with the premise, but they coulda wrote it out a bit longer because it was working. None of the original aspects of the show that drew viewers is present anymore.

I've seen the show from season 1 to current. As much as I enjoyed seasons 1-2 and at times wish that it would revert back to that light hearted subject matter, I just accept that if I was a pot dealing mom, who laid down with the mexican mob for protection, this is probably where I would end up too. While it is just weed, the selling of it can be far from roses.

While the show is a little darker, the story is plausible enough. If the writers hadn't changed it up, Weeds would have just become a sitcom which doesn't strike me as Showtimes style.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Methimphibian

yeah teh whole pregnancy thing is pretty fucking lame. nancy aint even sold weed in like 2 seasons ago, I thought that was the entire premise of the show????. at least Silas's club with doug and the pig should be pretty funny, lets watch him flip out next week when he finds out shane got ripped for 4G's. i'm predicting the english teacher is part of another drug cartel watch:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
anyone else think that season 5 ending was EPIC!!??

yea i thought it was pretty good .. made up for how boring most of season 5 has been.

and sgt_H - i couldnt agree more! i am so sick of celia.. i get so annoyed by her, she really needs to be killed

season 5 was a B-.

upgrade from season 4, which was more like C/C- territory.

season finale definitely gave it a little bump in my ratings.

kill celia and her pathetic ex-husband. their like appendices now, they've served their purpose and are outstaying their welcome.

keep the chubby kid. i like her.