Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

well if the waist is fine then i would soak them, if real mccoys shrink a bit like the lee japan then it should be perfect. otherwise sizing down might be an option because the lee japan strech a bit too so... guess i am not really a help lol

look great to me anyway

the early Edwin and Lee 101s were all Sanforized, using fabric from Kaihara, altho that changed later, when I think they simply made them oversize, so they'd shrink to tagsize. Who sold you the McCoys? If they are Sanforized, you will get a minor amount of shrinking, but they'll still be a very full fit.

Tough call, but if it were me I'd go for the 32 and stretch the waist out.

here are my McCoys 101B in tagged size 36.

the waist fits perfectly, but everything else is loose.

not necessarily a bad thing, as the jeans is really comfy!

sizing down (next would be a 34), is not really an option i think. will be too tight in the waist.

i basically have three options:

1. keep and wear dry

2. keep and soak

3. drop

what do you think?!

PB040447.JPGPB040449.JPGPB040448.JPG

will have to decide latest friday - pls comment!

personally i like the fit. a good hot soak might help out if not. supermarket they go! or you can return for a 34 and just wear em while they soak so the waist can stretch out while everything else shrinks a bit.

sorry if that doesnt help.

I personally don't think Lee 101Bs look good until they're properly worn in and the denims softened up. You should have a look in the denim gallery thread - once they're worn they're one of the best jeans cuts ever IMO.

Seems like you have a bunch of slimmer jeans anyway - its good to mix it up.

I SAY KEEP!

I personally don't think Lee 101Bs look good until they're properly worn in and the denims softened up. You should have a look in the denim gallery thread - once they're worn they're one of the best jeans cuts ever IMO.

Seems like you have a bunch of slimmer jeans anyway - its good to mix it up.

I SAY KEEP!

I've posted a few of my Lees on here, all of which were Euro reissues, which are essentially similar in shape. They would all shrink to varying degrees, but even pre-shrink, they were not quite as baggy as that. That said, if you simply have a bigger turn up and lose the stacking (which doesn't look so good with wider jeans) they would have a better shape.

A 50s cut, which is full around the thighs, straight leg but not baggy can make a great skinny-ish cut once shrunk. It would be great to see some downsized 101 jeans posted in this thread...

Sorry to ask a sizing question here but didn't get answer in the small questions.

I'm planning to get a pair of lee, but I have a question on the inseam since on rakuten I found different sizing charts.

My questions are for the 36 and the 44 cuts. what are the true inseam after soak. It seems the 44 is a bit longer.

Also how did you size on them. they seem to fit pretty big. like size down 2 at least.

thanks.

i dont have the two. if got the 42 59 and two 52s. but the two 52s shrank different. as far as i know they dont really shrink full lenghth the first time you wash em, so if you cold soak they wont at all. the waist size is really strange and totally different from LVC. you better ask the seller to measure them for you, so you have the exact size. as i have read the 36 seem cut bigger in the waist then the 44s. dont ask me why. and yes lee japan run bigger. i would size down

hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...