gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

Great evo, BrownMetallic, beautiful texture in the Samurai denim. I’ve always liked Samurai buttons too, whether these or the donut buttons with kana

Thanx @lance 

Samurai invested on unique, detailed hardware ... it’s what set them apart 10 or so years ago, IMO.  Can’t have too many of the same brand, but what was left from the “purge”, I still love :D

Posted (edited)

@MJF9 The sun came out for a rare appearance so got some quick snaps of my 1934 Lee repro Cowboy jacket. 17 year's old and worn infrequently. 3 washes to date.

The old Edwin Lee stuff is really tough to break in, and made in China, not Japan as l first thought.

Edit - Excuse the Afghan slippers, had a foot op and these are the only comfy things to sloth about in for me atm.

20201006_154722.jpg

20201006_150134.jpg

20201006_150148.jpg

20201006_150329.jpg

20201006_150427.jpg

Sorry about pic quality :( 

Edited by Dr_Heech

Are they really made in china ?? Like you I always thought they were japan made 

Jacket looks awesome and looks like it has another 17 years in it 

Posted (edited)

The jacket says made in China. The jeans, not so sure. Will take some better photos with some details (if and) when the sun comes out. Light is poor today.

These Lee's, when sized right, wear like iron. I wore pairs in construction when l worked for a small building firm 15 years ago and they just out-lived my old Valencia st Lvc easily.

Tough as old boots as my mum would say.

Edited by Dr_Heech

On 10/30/2009 at 6:02 AM, Dr_Heech said:

Here's my Lee Westerner, made from between 1968-1970.

004.jpg

005.jpg

Was going through this thread to see if l had any old pics of my jeans here but was sad to see so many broken links. Luckily found these! Still have this piece lol.

Posted (edited)

@Dr_Heech 

Thanks for posting... lovely jackets...

The Lee cowboy is beautifully faded

I can't remember which year the similar Lee jacket is without the cinch... I have an At Last Lee-style repro which is cinch-less but would much prefer a cinch version for improving the fit

The westerner's looking solid to say it's 50+ years old

Edited by MJF9

8 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@Dr_Heech 

Thanks for posting... lovely jackets...

The Lee cowboy is beautifully faded

I can't remember which year the similar Lee jacket is without the cinch... I have an At Last Lee-style repro which is cinch-less but would much prefer a cinch version for improving the fit

The westerner's looking solid to say it's 50+ years old

Thanks mate. The similar Lee jacket without the cinch (but with just two rivets where the cinch should be) is the wartime repro. The cinched version ran between 1931 and 1942 (lined 101LJ from 1932).

The Westerner l love because it's mint, no stains/holes and still retains the sateen shine that so many on fleabay do not.

Hey Dr., Thanks for posting the photos of your Lee jacket. FWIW I have the same Lee jacket as yours and according to Google translate the label says Made in Japan. Could my jacket be made later than yours?

Lee.jpg

6 minutes ago, crownzip said:

Hey Dr., Thanks for posting the photos of your Lee jacket. FWIW I have the same Lee jacket as yours and according to Google translate the label says Made in Japan. Could my jacket be made later than yours?

Lee.jpg

Cheers Grant!

Would have thought it would have been earlier but l don't know for sure (where's Fardin when you need him?)

Does your jacket not have 'made in China written in English on the label anywhere?

Never thought about translating the label info but will give it a go later.

Hahaha, indeed! I owe it to Fardin (and you!) for my Lee Archive Japan addiction. There's no 'made in China' anywhere on my jacket. 

Lee Archive Japan also did a nice job on these 1930's Lees. They're faithful reproductions of the original Lee Cowboy pants right down to the orange all cotton stitching. Sad I think they're no longer available.

Lee1.jpg

Lee2.jpg

Lee3.jpg

Lee4.jpg

Crazy how the stitching has kept its colour so well , lovely jeans @crownzip

Anyone know where to find a Rider jacket?  There is one on Lee's US site but thread color is looks wrong.  Also looking for a cowboy version jacket like a type 1.  I see that Lee Japan archives has a rider but I don't think they ship to the US.  

You can find vintage ones for pretty good prices 

7 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

You can find vintage ones for pretty good prices 

Yeah, there's almost too many.  I don't know enough about how the cut has changed over time or what to look for in terms of country of manufacture. Some of them look like the arms are cut wide and on some, the body seems long.  I also don't want hand warmer pockets and most of the ones in my size seem to have them.  Sizing seems all over the place too.  I'm watching one that's listed as a 42R but measurements suggest it's closer to a 38 which is what I would need but I really don't like buying vintage online.  Too many surprises.  

I figure if I can find a new repro of the original cut at a place that I can do an exchange or return, I'd be better off.  I might roll the dice on a vintage one, though.

Anyone have any insight on Lee Archives Japan restock / season cycle please? I'd like to get another pair or two of 48's and possibly 54's and they've been out of stock in most sizes and certainly mine for months now.