gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

@501XX4EVER Oh sorry, I never answered your question. Yes of course they have a double-chainstitched outseam ;)

And while we are at it, here is the fit pic of these jeans after they have been hememd to 34" (to allow for some future shrinkage and cuffing).

Pd8RVpEl.jpgghd6j4gl.jpgaY2BzBal.jpg

Posted (edited)

Edited by JDelage

Speaking of Leepros…

7Mzb3GZ.jpg

pWa3ijk.jpg

pegRJks.jpg

(No time to post much of a writeup right now, but will plan to do so some time this weekend along with detail shots)

^ so much for "this weekend"

Anyway, here are some phone-quality detail shots. Cane's Riders, circa early '90s. Picked these up on Yahoo a month or two ago, still rigid. They've now been washed to shrink and worn for maybe four days. Sorry for the glare.

ScP4nHo.jpg

OURdDBx.jpg

kq2IJOM.jpg

9fg2ZDQ.jpg

uKHDWlc.jpg

ayXwSbO.jpg

The fabric's started off really blue—the color is closest to true in the front and rear photos of the top block, and in the close-up of the hip pocket. Some areas are already starting to fade to an electric blue, and some stray threads in the pocket confirm that the dye doesn't go all that deep.

Took some detail shots of the hardware, too, but none are great photos.

All of the fly buttons are donuts with (very cleanly-hammered) double shanks, and the top one reads "Union Made" on top and "Cane's" on bottom. They look anodized to a blackish color, but I'm not sure what they're made of.

uqil5CV.jpg

j8YHS7g.jpg

The backs are stamped "S".

PhQMqfO.jpg

The fronts of the rivets read "S-C" in Lee-style lettering, and the backs are blank.

LiDJqkE.jpg

The hip pockets are half-lined with a mid-weight twill, with the Lazy S stitching holding the lining in place.

8JHK831.jpg

There's no product code to be found, just the size tag.

EHtdGDe.jpg

Posted some fit pics over in WAYWT. The rise on these is high, the hips are snug, and the legs are straight.

it looks like Lee Archives (Japan) are re-releasing the 1944 101B model on 21 June. I don’t think they ship internationally though so you’ll need to buy via a proxy, a friend in Japan or in person. Great price too!

I think I am going to pick up a pair. I can't find any details on the length of the rise, or other size dimensions though.

Posted (edited)

If you click on the blue rectangle at the top, it will display the measurements. I’ve shown them in Japanese but Chrome may auto-translate if you use that. 

6AC3EF1B-E43D-43DB-BFE7-A5C7A196FB5D.jpeg

310160F1-F8DF-4D44-B2DB-8FC8D28CFFC8.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Looks like "Front Bowl" translates to Front Rise and "Watari" is the thigh measurement.

Awesome, thanks man.

size.PNG