Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

Guest patchmb
question for patch

thanks for the pics, can you tell me are the mccoys 101bs 1944's

also you say the tag size is 33 but comes up 35, do they shrink in the waste much and what is the size of the waste after wearing for a while.

finally where did you buy them from?

thanks

pete

They seem to be modelled on the 44. Shrunk to about 33.5 & have stretched to 35".

I got them via proxy 6 months ago, try searching rakuten or here

http://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=120&osCsid=dd65e064447f396a33ff2a2ea46973cb

hey, if anybodys interested, i´ve got eu leepro for sale, quite nice heave denim and

somehow raisin coated as nudie did in the early past:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320259957395&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

btw. what denim is heavier, the 44s or 52s denim?

thanks

^^I've seen the 36 Lee's for size 38. No need to be envious because there's a lot of other choices out there. If you're going for the Lee look, Samurai Jin's come in a 40.

Then I am on a mission to peep me some Jin's ....I'm off right now !

Thanks for this.:)

• 2 weeks later...

My Warehouse Lee 1920s repros, circa a year of wear. Many washes.

I had them repaired professionally three times thus far but still... hellooooo crotch tear. Grappling while drunk outside isn't always good. Next time I'll stitch them together with leather I think.

05fbc280.png

e6ce5093.png

4ad4210e.png

3b21a6b5.png

10ca4f98.png

624f3ad1.png

b0a611d3.png

But fear not, their replacements are hanging out to dry... :) Sneak-peak!

db844716.png

too bad about the wh's, but the 1939 edwin's are really nice too.

Ah, I'm sure they will be up and running again soon :)

What, really, is the difference between the 1939 (mine as correctly spotted) and the 1937? Or even the 1936? The only one I can tell is that mine has flat, non-donut buttons, and possibly a tad slimmer.

E: Oh and by the way, someone who I believe is your friend stopped me at UO to talk about the WHs. The fact that I think you're friends is because he knew about WH from "his friend who has a pair that are 47ish" and, upon me asking, that friend was called David. Apparently he used to work at JC and rock a pair of hair-on-hides himself and I remember you posting that you got your Edwin Lees from a friend of yours. Am I solving the puzzle?

Yeah he told me that! I didn't get my hair on hides from him though, Claes wore his hair on hides till the death and I got mine just shortly after he bought his. We used to work in the same JC store...

the biggest dif between the 1936/37 and 1939 is the fabric, buttons and I believe the stitch color is a bit dif. too. find out more here:http://www.lee-jeans.jp/item_list/param/id/e846cae793b402fd209eeda7f483a2a5

but they were though, the coin pocket rivets are gone, they have the brandless laurel leaf donut button, the leather patch is smooth and slimmer and I cant really remember but there was something about the belt loops too...

1939s out of the drier!

Sanforized but still, shrank a good inch in length and waist. Still way too long so I'm getting them hemmed tomorrow. Also, an inch of leg twist, too. All the starch seems to be gone, sadly.

The flashy pics are pretty close to be true to the color (dark outside, should take more pictures in daylight tomorrow), the other ones are included to show the fit.

4ec1de55.png

d17e9a56.png

252e0196.png

9066531b.png

cb951bae.png

Chillin listen to some Johnny Burnette R&R Trio from mid 50s just made me think of my 101zs' . Three months old tomorrow , although bought from the bay shrunk with no rigidity . Mostly worn in the office , hence the ass wear , and a couple of cold soaks . Size waist 34 , insean 32 1/2 . An essential purchase !!!

Second pic will only copy as a link .

101za-1.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/mikedbt5/101zc.jpg?t=1214410298

^^What model are they?

Mine are Lee (Edwin) 1952 101z repros , currently available , Pauls' are Lee Europe generic 1950/60s 101zs (unless Paul advises different) repros from mid 1990s to early/mid 2000s which are no longer available . Nearest and dearest to these are the current 1966 101z .

it´s always incredible to see how "true vintage like" those Lee repros fade!

That's the vintage dirt, I live in an old house! They do look practically indistinguishable from 60s fabric (altho Lee used a few different denims, some of it isa real grey or green colour). There's a real particular way that it ages, broader areas of wear, the denim fades to a paler blue, that is completely different from Levi's. Altho the detailing on these was never as attractive as Evisu, it was the wear, and the price, that made me buy a few in a row.

I was unhappy with that old pair, they'd maybe been washed once too often and were looking really bland. Now, with a couple of years of stripping ceilings and scrubbing the kitchen floor, they look like they've worked for the money. Shame the pics don't show the hole in the thigh, where a router bit span off and stabbed me.

PLus rep for Johnny Burnette, and just to prove I haven't totally gone over to the LVC dark side, my current work pants:

lee.jpg

Edit: these are fairly early Euro 50s reissues, made in Malta, supposedly Sanforized.

Shitting Crickey - they look really rather spiffing Mr T - Right then - I'm going to drop 2 or 3 sizes over the coming months in order that I get myself in to the Lees, nothing to it but to do it !

I'm off to LA in November so intend to shed serious poundage by then and grab me some Hair on Hides.

Chillin listen to some Johnny Burnette R&R Trio from mid 50s just made me think of my 101zs' . Three months old tomorrow , although bought from the bay shrunk with no rigidity . Mostly worn in the office , hence the ass wear , and a couple of cold soaks . Size waist 34 , insean 32 1/2 . An essential purchase !!!

Second pic will only copy as a link .

101za-1.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/mikedbt5/101zc.jpg?t=1214410298

Listenin' to Johnny Burnette's Rockabilly trio and wearin' a pair of Lee's! Man that's hep!

Anyone have a nice worn pair for sale - my girlfriend would like a pair of W32 or if they have stretched W30 of the 101b hair on hides.

She doesn't like the feel of raw and has not got the patience to break them.

Or if anyone knows of a good place to buy from (we're in the UK so will need to have em sent is outside).