Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

I would not, but I bought mine used and they were shrunk to the max.

I have pair of tagged 34 (literally a 32 as Eternals were just tagged like this back then) Eternal Tigers that are tight but work, I wear 34 in Nudies with room to spare, and 32 in the Gaps I am wearing right now. The Jins I have are 32, and I they are not just tight but too small. Like one button done up too small. I could easily I think be a 34 in them.

All the above might not mean much (if it makes sense at all), but again, I took the waist stretcher to them and they did not seem to budge.

I sized down 1 with mine. They turned out fine after I wet the waistband and wore them for a bit (and this was after a long hot soak + hot dryer). In fact, they now fit a little loose in the waist.

I guess it depends on how you want them to fit though. I sized down because I have skinny legs and they would have been too baggy had I gone up one.

• 1 month later...
Guest patchmb

Some pictures of my Mcoy's Taxi Driver Lee 101 z. I sized down 1 on these. They are a nice slim cut. One of my favorite pairs of jeans.I have the Mccoy 101b's too, they are also excellent, cut is similar just got a bigger leg opening. I have some 44 & 52 Edwin Lee's which are both nice but I prefer the Mccoy's. They are expensive though when compared to the Edwin models. edit: The pictures aren't great so if people want to see more just ask & I will try & take some better ones..

pic0161gg1.jpg

pic0162fe1.jpg

pic0163pk7.jpg

pic0164lu7.jpg

pic0165hw3.jpg

Guest patchmb

Coleslaw here are some pics of the Mccoy 101b's. I have also done some camparison shots next to the 52 101Z Edwin's. The denim on the Mccoy's is smoother & has more of a sheen to it than the Edwin's. generally the finish of them is of a higher quality & they were a good purchase.

pic0158wb6.jpg

pic0160kx3.jpg

pic0162iu5.jpg

pic0165li9.jpg

Comparison shots with Edwin 52 101z's. Mccoy's are on the right.

pic0166qy7.jpg

pic0167dx2.jpg

pic0168hk6.jpg

hey patchmb

thanks for the great pics.

coleslaw is right, finally someone with real mccoys lee repros.

whats the difference in the two 101z´s?

are the 70s taxi driver ones cut slimmer? and is there a difference in the 101b cuts?

are both the same size?

best

Guest patchmb

Here are the measurements for both of the Mccoy Lee's, they are both tagged w33. I have also measured the w34 Edwin 52 101z's to give a comparison.

Mccoy TD 101z/ Mccoy 101b /Edwin 52 101z

Waist 18 / 17.5 /17.5

Fr Rise 11.5 / 11 / 11.5

R Rise 15.7 / 15.6 / 15.2

Thigh 12 / 12.5 / 13

Knee 9 / 9.3 / 9.8

Hem 7.8 / 8.6 / 9

Inseam 34.2 / 35 / 34

The Japanese Edwin Lees have a basic flaw which as far as I know was not a feature on the original Lee jeans they are trying to reproduce. Basically the inside lining on the back pockets shrinks as soon as you wash them and results in vertical creases on the outside of the pockets which completely ruins the look. I've never seen that on any American vintage lees from the 50/60s.

You are right about this, although I can't quite figure out whether it's because the pocket lining shrinks or doesn't shrink. I wonder if the McCoy repros do this as well?

I have to say the effect is most pronounced immediately after washing and somewhat ameliorates with wear. I'm wondering if removing the lining altogether (possibly quite a difficult job, giving that it's woven into the 'lazy S') would cure the problem.

question for patch

thanks for the pics, can you tell me are the mccoys 101bs 1944's

also you say the tag size is 33 but comes up 35, do they shrink in the waste much and what is the size of the waste after wearing for a while.

finally where did you buy them from?

thanks

pete