gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

i just bought a pair of the 101z polands with the weird "lee gold label" circle leather patch from someone on styleforum. really excited to get them. anybody have experience with those?

anybody?? 10char

anybody?? 10char

I guess you could say that at the moment, in this thread, no one else has any experience of them. sorry.

Yes, gosh darn then.

Back to the top of the page discussion of Jin's stretching, mine did very minimally even with a waist stretcher.

would you recomend buying one size down? Im seriously considering Jins after the 660s if i dont get those single backpocket samurais.

I would not, but I bought mine used and they were shrunk to the max.

I have pair of tagged 34 (literally a 32 as Eternals were just tagged like this back then) Eternal Tigers that are tight but work, I wear 34 in Nudies with room to spare, and 32 in the Gaps I am wearing right now. The Jins I have are 32, and I they are not just tight but too small. Like one button done up too small. I could easily I think be a 34 in them.

All the above might not mean much (if it makes sense at all), but again, I took the waist stretcher to them and they did not seem to budge.

I sized down 1 with mine. They turned out fine after I wet the waistband and wore them for a bit (and this was after a long hot soak + hot dryer). In fact, they now fit a little loose in the waist.

I guess it depends on how you want them to fit though. I sized down because I have skinny legs and they would have been too baggy had I gone up one.

well, I have a 33 in 5000bks and the fit is similar but i assume that the Jins would shrink/stretch differently, but...

Here's a cool pair of Lee housemark Long L overalls from the 40's. The denim is still quite dark.

leeoverallsfrontIII.jpgLeeoverallsbackII.jpg

just received my 101z's. they are great. denim is a lot lighter (weight-wise) than i thought it would be. they fit a little loose, but hey, getting them for $55 secondhand is no problem. i'll post fit pics soon

holy cow, are those vintage, crownzip?

there are some nice roping effects at the hem, but the denim is still very dark.

Tried a different method oh photographing these , hope you enjoy - 1952s followed by 1966 repro 101zs . Btw , I am 5ft 7 and jeans are w34 l32 then cuffed .

1952.jpg

1966.jpg

Guest patchmb

Some pictures of my Mcoy's Taxi Driver Lee 101 z. I sized down 1 on these. They are a nice slim cut. One of my favorite pairs of jeans.I have the Mccoy 101b's too, they are also excellent, cut is similar just got a bigger leg opening. I have some 44 & 52 Edwin Lee's which are both nice but I prefer the Mccoy's. They are expensive though when compared to the Edwin models. edit: The pictures aren't great so if people want to see more just ask & I will try & take some better ones..

pic0161gg1.jpg

pic0162fe1.jpg

pic0163pk7.jpg

pic0164lu7.jpg

pic0165hw3.jpg

^^You're the first person to finally post a pair. If you could post a pic of your McCoy 101B? That would be great. Hows the denim on these compared to the Edwin's? I have a jacket in the Edwin denim. It wasn't so spectacular but it wears well.

Guest patchmb

Coleslaw here are some pics of the Mccoy 101b's. I have also done some camparison shots next to the 52 101Z Edwin's. The denim on the Mccoy's is smoother & has more of a sheen to it than the Edwin's. generally the finish of them is of a higher quality & they were a good purchase.

pic0158wb6.jpg

pic0160kx3.jpg

pic0162iu5.jpg

pic0165li9.jpg

Comparison shots with Edwin 52 101z's. Mccoy's are on the right.

pic0166qy7.jpg

pic0167dx2.jpg

pic0168hk6.jpg

^^^Thanks. Looks like the McCoys have that lighter reddish/purplish color thats more associated with vintage denim. Very nice pick up.

hey patchmb

thanks for the great pics.

coleslaw is right, finally someone with real mccoys lee repros.

whats the difference in the two 101z´s?

are the 70s taxi driver ones cut slimmer? and is there a difference in the 101b cuts?

are both the same size?

best

Anybody know any Rakuten stores that carry the McCoy Lees?

mc coys look much more like the vintage lees that i have. very nice

whats the difference in the two 101z´s?

best

Mmm.. yes, it would be interesting to see a side-by-side of the two 101z's.... (if it's not too much trouble)

Guest patchmb

Here are the measurements for both of the Mccoy Lee's, they are both tagged w33. I have also measured the w34 Edwin 52 101z's to give a comparison.

Mccoy TD 101z/ Mccoy 101b /Edwin 52 101z

Waist 18 / 17.5 /17.5

Fr Rise 11.5 / 11 / 11.5

R Rise 15.7 / 15.6 / 15.2

Thigh 12 / 12.5 / 13

Knee 9 / 9.3 / 9.8

Hem 7.8 / 8.6 / 9

Inseam 34.2 / 35 / 34

Guest patchmb

Some shots of Edwin 52 101z's v Mccoy 101z. Mccoy's are on the right.

pic0157gi2.jpg

pic0158gm6.jpg

pic0159dc7.jpg

pic0160vb4.jpg

[

pic0161zi3.jpg

thanks

really intersting to know the sizing.

cheers

Guest patchmb

^^ Yes the Cultizm Lee's are made by Edwin, except for The Lee Gold 66 101Z, they are made in europe.