gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

You're welcome.

Hopefully you remember the story from the book about the time there was a flood in Kansas. Rescue helicopters were called out, in response to reports about children drowning. Only when they got close did they realise it was the factory's stock of Buddy Lee dolls floating in the water...

Ha...I do remember. I've read your book thoroughly.

Are these made in Japan, or are all Evisu Genes made in Europe? And does anyone have a good source for SC 1945B's besides rakuten?

There are several different Evisu lines which are manufactured in different places. I believe those are Japanese made.

Sugar Cane can be purchased in the US from History Preservation, BiG & Self Edge...not sure who has that model in stock.

I don't think BiG stocks the 45... You could try mil-mil.net as well, I'm not sure if they still ship overseas though (they're based out of japan)

I don't think BiG stocks the 45... You could try mil-mil.net as well, I'm not sure if they still ship overseas though (they're based out of japan)

I'm pretty sure they do.

edit - I meant I'm pretty sure mil-mil ships overseas...wasn't refering the BiG's selection!

The Sugar Cane 45 is out of production. Sold out nearly everyhwere. I love my pair. Great pair of blue jeans.

The Sugar Cane 45 is out of production. Sold out nearly everyhwere. I love my pair. Great pair of blue jeans.

Out of production? Seriously, talk about missing out. I always loved them but slept on them. Hopefully some show up in the market or something.

theres a pair of those on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DENIME-DENIM-SELVEDGE-JEANS-34-32-SAMURAI-SUGARCANE_W0QQitemZ260171586649QQihZ016QQcategoryZ313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i didnt know if they were actually denime or not, either way its not the most accurate reproduction out there

theres a pair of those on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DENIME-DENIM-SELVEDGE-JEANS-34-32-SAMURAI-SUGARCANE_W0QQitemZ260171586649QQihZ016QQcategoryZ313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i didnt know if they were actually denime or not, either way its not the most accurate reproduction out there

I'll appreciate these from afar.

20kyhk4.jpg

Frump.

here's a question...what's the slimmest leepro available? anything resembling a levi's 66?

i'm looking out for a good leepro to add to the collection, but not too wide [the rest of the wardrobe can't take it!]

my S0110XJ fit me very slim, slimmer than i think they fit a lot of the people who buy them. the only thing that you might want changed is the leg opening.

here's a question...what's the slimmest leepro available? anything resembling a levi's 66?

i'm looking out for a good leepro to add to the collection, but not too wide [the rest of the wardrobe can't take it!]

I'd say that's ^^ the slimmest as well...most are pretty loose in cut.

especially if you size down one or two. the waist stretches easy so it isnt too scary.

sounds good. will visit take5 in november so i'll keep that one in mind. it's also the one that i'm most attracted to :o

i blame their lazy S!

especially if you size down one or two. the waist stretches easy so it isnt too scary.

I sized down 1...but sort of wish I didn't now...not because the waist is too small, but because the length shrank a bit too much and they're too snug to wear a bit lower to compensate.

...and yes...35" inseam just barely makes it for me. :(

How does the Jin denim stretch? I know the waist can stretch pretty easily when worn "re-dampened" after a mean hot soak and dry...but I'm guessing not as easy as the Texas Cotton Sams (i.e. 5000vx). Size down 1 for a good fit?

How does the Jin denim stretch? I know the waist can stretch pretty easily when worn "re-dampened" after a mean hot soak and dry...but I'm guessing not as easy as the Texas Cotton Sams (i.e. 5000vx). Size down 1 for a good fit?

It doesn't stretch as much as the 5000 denim (which isn't texas cotton btw...that's the 0500). Size down 1 for a slim fit, true to size for a regular fit.

Damn...all these cotton types...plus all these different Samurai-related threads...damn me for getting confused.

Thanks though...will rep you after 24 hours.

Edit: Okay now I see why I got confused...a few heads on here compared the Zero denim (s5000) to the Texas Cotton (0500)...as they are both very stretchy.

I thought some of you guys might like these, they are a little blurry but yeah:

1934tag.jpg

1936tag.jpg

1944tag.jpg