Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

regular zip

well i think nemoulete is right and one should really size down as hell ;-)

i am wearing 34 LVC 47 and 37 wich both shrank down, and size 30 lee fits me the best. my 32 and 31 lee 52s are a bit to big around the waist and the size 30 fits just right.

i usually order with jeans neshi in lvc and lees, its a japanese shop, he will measure it for you and he also exchanges them if they dont fit.

my experiance is that the waist doesnt shrink as much as the length, the hip and the rise

here is the link again

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/lee/lee-vintage-menu.htm

by the way the sizing on the edwin furutaka site are pretty accurate, as far as i remember

well mike i know it does not really make sense, but i just measured them for you.

and they all are the same, althought they fit different.

i know it sounds strange but it is that way.

the size 32 1952 measures just a bit over 16, more like 16,14. since i use centimeter its 41,5 cm. the 30 inch lees (42s and 59s) are 40 cm and the size 31 lee 52 is also 41 cm. so not really much difference to be honest.

very strange

Thanks . A w32 would be too tight and I wouldnt want to take a chance on a new pair and the waist not stretching . I had a pair of 52s a while ago but the w34 is too full a cut at the leg on me, I have short legs !! The McCoy 101b looks a possibility as it appears a slimmer leg cut than the Edwin 101z but its expensive at £200 .

i still think the 101 z is not cut full, the 42 is but the 52 shouldnt be. i even think the 44 is cut fuller then the 52. but i am just guessing.

you could also go with a 101b 59, or with the new 1955 101b.

but real mccoys must be a great deal.

you should ask turntabloid, i think he bough the taxi driver 101z. should be in this thread too.

i still dont have any real mccoys lees but i realy wonder how different they are compared to the edwin lee, but i think we already had this discussion here.

Guest patchmb

I have both the mccoy Lee's & edwin lee models44 & 52. Believe me there is no comparison as far as quality goes. I have been wearing the edwin pairs hard & the stitching is coming apart in places quicker than any other dry denim that i own.

I know i keep saying this but i will try to put some fit pics of the Mccoy 101b's up later today.

regarding Edwin Leepro sizing, Im usually a size 32 in jeans, and probably measure around 34, as most denim are sized. I wear a 34 in LVC 33s and 37s that after wash still fits pretty loose in the waist.

I got my normal size 32 in Edwin Lee 34s, after Davids advice that they should shrink down to 86 cm after a soak. After a not too hot soak they still fit loose in the waist, but the shape of the cut makes it possible to wear them on the hips without risk of having em fall off :) I expect them too shrink a bit more after a real wash, that Im a bit tempted to do already..

I could very likely have gone with a size 30, but figure those would be very slim after a wash, and probably not look like i wanted.

Thanks for all the advice on sizing guys.

What is the advice regarding length on the Lee 34s or 37. I was going to order waist 32inch from Aero, which show the lenght on the 34s as 34" and the 37s as 33"? My biggest worry after the waist (or maybe even before) is the length, as I need them to hold out to a good 33 minimum.

I really would like the 37s but might go 34s if the length is better. ;)

As requested here's how my 1937 101J sz 36 fits:

3122569602_f54e95a5f4.jpg3121742037_32a7783157.jpg

regular zip regarding the hair on hide jeans, they are really really long, they measure around 100 cm in length and only shrink up like 6 cm so I wouldnt be worried...

btw. what happened to the reply quick thing?

As requested here's how my 1937 101J sz 36 fits:

3122569602_f54e95a5f4.jpg3121742037_32a7783157.jpg

regular zip regarding the hair on hide jeans, they are really really long, they measure around 100 cm in length and only shrink up like 6 cm so I wouldnt be worried...

btw. what happened to the reply quick thing?

KAKKEE!! and the hat to match. did you buy the jacket I was thinking about on the sale you had?

I want to buy it here but im BROKE till february. btw I tried on several pairs of Lees, 1936 and 1952s, in used shops, and they fit really well when theyre washed a few times so it seems they shrink quite a bit in the waist too.

hey patch thanks for the pics, i like all your stuff and the pants look great.

how do you order all the mccoys stuff, do you use a proxy. (wich one)

just checked all the sweatshirt and jackets and stuff you have , really great, i am jealous like hell, hahaha

you should make some more pics of you wearing all you lees for comparison.

its a pity real mccoys just makes those two, would be nice if they made a 50s 101z with full selvage, or some other stuff edwin doesnt have, or......

(whateverhappend to the 47 levis repro from msccoys, but thats the wrong thread)

anyway thanks

yes i have seen the lee jachets they have.

in general i amstillwondering about the athenticity of the lee edwin stuff. but i guess they must be since they use their archive.

with their jackets its strange.

the edwin ones have a really strange sizing. i bought my first one 2 years ago from aero and it shrank after washing it to hot, ok my fault. but the 2007 version from edwin wich i ordered in japan are cut much bigger then the ones the year before. i have the 101j in size 38.

the real mccoys ones are cut totally different, and shorter wich seems more authentic to me, i should have bought that one instead, although i like the edwin color more. i thought jackets in the 30s and 40 were supposed to be short?

and the mccoys 101LJ looks much better then the 101LJ i have from edwin. the edwin one is a repro from the 60s and the mccoys one is from the 50s i think. just look at the lining, so much nicer.

i still wish mccoys would make more lee stuff. they used to have a 30s 101LJ that looked killer, i wish i had that one.

Fardin have you seen the Mccoy Lee denim jackets.Here is a link to 1 of them.

http://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=360

I got those Lee's through parachutes proxy last year. He has since stopped his service (I use sharp service now). The 101b's are full selvedge.

interesting posts and nice fit pics of the McCoys patch and the jacket fardin - I'm really leaning towards some of the McCoys Leepros...

Maybe it's been mentioned earlier in this thread but I think Lewis at superdenim can get pretty much everything McCoys do.

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/realmccoys-denim.asp

thanks arthur

the strange thing is that superdenims prizes are the same as the japanese. how come ?

i thought it would be more expensive. maybe its the currency at the moment in euros, the prizes for the real mccoys stuff are not different in japan then they are in GB.

interesting posts and nice fit pics of the McCoys patch and the jacket fardin - I'm really leaning towards some of the McCoys Leepros...

Maybe it's been mentioned earlier in this thread but I think Lewis at superdenim can get pretty much everything McCoys do.

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/realmccoys-denim.asp

[qoute=HJJ]KAKKEE![/qoute]

pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?

yeah I got it at the sale, you better start saving up ;)

oh and thanks for comments :)

kakkee = kakkoii = cool ;)

hyakuyenya = 100 yen store = everything cheap as hell, for poor people

yeah I'm broke as hell, have to drink beer and whisky out of convenience stores and cant shop for anything.

odb got ma money

www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfmKb_RP7U&hl=sv&fs=1

maybe he's the one who scammed me on ebay too.

LIke the jacket very much Lilldavid. I have been wondering over the same one (think it's the same anyway) for a bit too!! ;)

Thanks for the reassurance on the length on the Hair-on-Hides, I am hoping mine should come tomorrow, can't wait!! :)

Great McCoy Lee's Patchmb, good fit!!

Like the jacket too Fardin, I know what you mean on the length possibly being expected to be shorter, but I think I will go for one if the length is a little longer. ;)

I have both an LVC type III that I washed too hot and shrank it too much, and also have a Bluebell Wrangler with blanket lining also too short, in both body and arms before I even got any water to it!! :(

My Hair on Hides turned up yesterday. Thanks for all the advice, the 32 waist seems just right!! The length is crazy long lol, should have some decent sized cuffs going on I think!!

I was not going to bother with an initial soak on these, would that be the general concensus, not to bother? I guess there is not too much shrinkage to go, not in waist anyway!! :)

Thanks Fardin.

I shall maybe give them a quick soak to see how much they shrink, so I can be sure I don't cuff them and cause marks that will end up half way up my shins after a wash!! :rolleyes:

I think I shall go home shortly and take off the paper tag and pull off fabric one and put them for a soak!!

Happy Christmas to everyone too.

My size size 28 36 hair-on-hides arrived yesterday from Speedway shop. I just finished soaking them today. Here's how they turned out.

DSC_0398rez.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/Baron_Munchausen/DSC_0401rez.jpg

I'm glad I took the sizing advice given in this thread. My true waist is a 30 and the waist on these was actually loose before the soak (about 31 or so inches measured). After the soak they've shrank to a comfortable size and the length thankfully shrank from about 36 to a hair over 34. One surprise is that there was quite a bit more leg twist than I expected for "sanforized" denim (the reason why I think one side looks like it has a bit of hip flare). Anyway, I've been looking for lighter weight denim for summer and with the looser fit these should be great.