Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

This thread is becoming on of my favourites,so much info and excellent pictures.Love the black/white James Dean ones.Time to get into some real LEEs. Sugarcane 1945s are just an appetizer.

+1. This thread and the LVC one are the only interesting things to read on Superdenim these days.

Guest patchmb

I have got my Real Mccoy Lee 101 B back from b i g after getting them hemmed. Pics to come today.

I have got a pair of w32 Lee's for sale. They are too small for me. Brand new & with the slimmest cut i have seen on Lee repro's, v similar to the real mccoy taxi driver model.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Lee-Riders-101Z-60s-Selvedge-Selvage-W32_W0QQitemZ140287207414QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Clothes?hash=item140287207414&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1295%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I hate trying to get fit pics , however got an ok one today of my 1966 101Zs from Lee Europe . These are a W34 L32 hemmed to L31 . The detail finishing could be better so I had a friend take off the waist patch , overstitch the internal black label and restitch the patch back on in heavy yellow thread . Unfortunately she cant do a chainstitch but it doesnt matter as I double cuff my jeans usually . Dont wear these that often as they are a bit slimm for my liking but its horses for courses I suppose .

101za.jpg

101zc.jpg

For anyone interested in picking up a pair of Lee Japans Speedway's ebay store right now has them on sale for $179 with free shipping. Best price I've seen online, especially considering the yen currently. I figured I'd share since I already purchased some 36s earlier today from them.

That is a really good deal. I visisted their actual store about a month ago and they were charging around ¥19,000 per pair- roughly $210.

Just be warned that the '52 101z is sized a lot larger than tagged. I tried them on in 28w but it felt more like a 30.5 or even 31. As of now, I am not entirely convinced that they will shrink to tagged size as I have heard many conflicting stories regarding shrinkage (anywhere between 2-10 percent).

George, please let me know your experience if you are planning to presoak. I am on the fence as to whether I will buy these jeans or not.

*edit- Prochek, if those are from the Lee Real Vintage line, how much did they shrink down?

The 66's seem to have a much higher rise than the others. Is that just a proportion thing? Thinking of getting a pair but it's just the high rise that's putting me off. I'm so used to wearing LVC 47's but i think it's time for a change.

in general thats true about the high rise of the lees. in comparison to specially the 37 and the 47 lvc the lees have a higher rise. i think the 59 lee japan is not as high as lets say the 42 or the 52s. but you can always compare it if you write a dealer and ask them for the exact measurements.

check the neshi jeans site , he has the measurements of the lvcs and all the lees

it might help you

www.jeans-neshi.com

Mr Black -The 66's seem to have a much higher rise than the others. Is that just a proportion thing? Thinking of getting a pair but it's just the high rise that's putting me off. I'm so used to wearing LVC 47's but i think it's time for a change.

I have a tagged W34 L32 1966 101z and W34 L32 (after shrinkage) 1947 501xx .Both measure 12 inches from crotch to waist band at the front and the 101z is a quarter inch larger to top of back waist band (meaures 16 1/4 inches) Not that much of a difference . If you want I will post some pics .

Mike

Had to paste in your comment and some threads need refreshed to show latest posts . still be playing up !!!

IHi Mike, that'd be great. I compared the measurements listed on oi polloi and there's not a great deal of difference so i've taken the plunge. Annoyingly the site you suggested has returned their pairs as they weren't selling. So had to fork out £109. Still, that's £35 cheaper than the Lee store on Carnaby street. Can't wait to get 'em. Lovely bit of cloth!

Was told they come up big. Is that correct?

I will post some comparison pics this evening .

The 1966 comes in an inch oversize but they do shrink to size after a first wash , or do as I did and keep hot soaking/drying the waist band .

The denim is great but hard wearing so doeant fade quickly , that not a bad thing in my view !!! I must say I wouldnt part with these , particuarly since I had some of the detail stitching redone by a friend . The pair I have also sport a Scovill zipper unlike the model form a year or so ago which had a Universal . Great repro and probably more akin in cut to the 101z James Dean wears in Rebel ...than the Edwin 1952 which is too loose a cut .

Mr Black - pics as promised . Unfortunately these were taken in poor lighting but they should give you and idea of cut if not colour. The 47s are relatively new and might shrink a bit more (hot soaked once ) However they are a 2008L3 model and seem a slightly fuller cut than previous models in my opinion. Also included a pic of the patch with yellow thread , when you get your pair from Oi Polloi you will see the difference the redone stitching makes !!!

1966101z.jpg

47501.jpg

101zb.jpg

Thanks MikeDBT5. Jeans arrived yesterday and compared them like for like with a same size raw pair of 47's i've got stockpiled. They are virtually identical in measurements so I have high hopes for the Lee's. Hoorah.

Nemoulette- jeans look great. I always assumed the early lee's would be a much fuller cut (like the 20's 201's perhaps, with a wide hem), but when sized well they're a great fit.

May have to convert from LEVIS to lee.

Great jeans Nemoulette. Seeing another great pair of Hair-on-Hides has made me decide they will be my next project pair. I have some Edwin made 101B 44s on the go at the moment, but I think they will be the next to go for.

I agree also, like my LVCs, but Lee repros are my favourite! :)

Guess only thing next will be which size to go for, as my true size is a 33/34 so guess I might go for 34? :confused:

Great jeans Nemoulette. Seeing another great pair of Hair-on-Hides has made me decide they will be my next project pair. I have some Edwin made 101B 44s on the go at the moment, but I think they will be the next to go for.

I agree also, like my LVCs, but Lee repros are my favourite! :)

Guess only thing next will be which size to go for, as my true size is a 33/34 so guess I might go for 34? :confused:

Size down as fuck. I wear 33s normally but mine are 30s.