Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are Poland 101z and 1936 Edwin Lee cowboy. You can see the difference in color.

lee101zandbwn1.png

1936101bxk6.png

These 1936 are size 32 and my waist is about 32.5 so they are not tight at all. The creases are basically from sitting only.

The 1936 have a month's wear and bought in Amerikaya Ueno. They fit normal with the cinch all the way tightened and with a belt.. If they can shrink even 1% after a wash then it would probably help though. On my last trip to Japan I bought the 101b, an evisu#2007 and a SC Edo-ai 1 pocket but I only wear these because I want to see how they turn out in a year!

Interstate's a nice shop, nicer, I daresay, than American Classics over the road from it.

There is also the Lee shop itself in Carnaby St --- the Edwin-made Lee repros are down in the basement (but do check the inside labels to see if they are indeed Japanese and not Chinese made).

There is now also a Wrangler shop in Carnaby St, but I thought it was pretty rubbish when I went in there --- they had one true 11MW repro (only one) which they were selling for like 250 quid, no thanks; the rest were Polish or Turkish made and pretty cheap looking.

• 1 month later...

just got my lee 101b 1942, and a new lee 101j 1946 jacket.

the WWII jeans are really nice.

i wonder if anyone here knows if there is a difference between the lee 101j from edwin and the ones from real mc coys (exept the price ;)).

i wonder if anyone here knows if there is a difference between the lee 101j from edwin and the ones from real mc coys (exept the price ;)).

You know, I asked that before and I don't think any one has landed a McCoy version. From what I have from McCoy, its pretty hardcore repro stuff. As far as the 101J, I think the Samurai version is the best made one.

well i remeber you asking about the real mccoys before. i just wrote custom king for some info on the mccoys, since they ship oversea.

i will get one of their 101 b or the taxi driver 101z and find out myself.

yes the samurai version is nice, but i like the original more. although the 1937 version from lee is killer too.

by the way the jackets really shrink when washed warm, although they are sindfordized.

You know, I asked that before and I don't think any one has landed a McCoy version. From what I have from McCoy, its pretty hardcore repro stuff. As far as the 101J, I think the Samurai version is the best made one.

Not bad..did'nt know you were able to snatch one of those ! Any evolution going on ???

I was actually going to take some better pics this weekend as well as my 101J.

Hell, I love this jacket, even with the short ass arms. Most of the time I'm wearing the Denime 557, so this gets a only little love once in awhile. Do you still have yours?

Lee (that is, VF Corp, which owns the Lee and Wrangler brands), has three Japanese licensees --- i.e. companies which have paid for the privilege of making and marketing exact replicas of Lee denimwear in Japan and can put the label 'Lee' and other marks on them --- these are Edwin, Warehouse, and Real McCoy. They obviously look almost identical to each other, but each uses their own denim for the purpose. Samurai, Denime, Evisu, amongst others, do "Lee repro" or "Wrangler Repro" style denim but cannot use the "Lazy S" or the "W" trademarks.

thanks takashi san

does that mean that the real mccoys denim is better then the one from edwin wich is as i know from paul from nishinbo?

or is it just becaue they have a more limited production. and then its interesting that real mccoys just makes the 101b and the 101z. the 101z is as far as i know the taxi driver jean, so thats different from the 1952 one.??

i didnt even know that warehouse are allowed to use the lee lable,i had just seen their blue & grey line, but they dont use the lee lable on it, interesting, does anyone have a link ?

anyway thanks

Pics of repro Lee 1966 and 1952 101Z . 1966 is Lee Euorope and the 1952 is the licensed Edwin version . I like these jeans so much these are the second pairs I have bought of each of these , both within the last 2-3 weeks . Got to love those back pockets !!!!

101za.jpg

101z.jpg