Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

3 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Dr_Heech need a repro or that one. What a cool photo 

Thanks shredwin, pic of mine on the previous page. Don't think these come up for sale very often as they discontinued them in 2012.

Warehouse do a wartime Lee 101 cowboy jacket atm, which is similar.

Actually it may be a 40's jacket as l can't see the back to define whether it is a buckleback or not.

Edited by Dr_Heech

3 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

You should be adviser for lee Charlie (and Levi’s) .

if they care enough 

Unfortunately there are probably less people in the industry who care about historical accuracy compared to the percentage of people who care about profit margins and keeping shareholders happy.

Hey Lee and/or Levis, if you're listening, l'm always here if you need some clarification*

(*although it may not be what you want to hear.)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just seen that Son of a Stag in London are re-releasing the H.D. Lee archives collection, exclusive to them if l've read it right. No link because l've forgotten how to do it but they had the full set of raw and pre-distressed denims (3 101 cowboy pants, 131 cowboy pants, 3 different lee 91J  loco jackets, lee cowboy jacket and lee dungarees in raw denim and in raw ecru! Also the earliest type of 191-J and a 50's lee riders jean.

I'm sure somebody with better tech skills than me can post the link up here :smile:

It all looks great. I particularly like the model with the orange stitching. 

I still have some of those & other Lees from when Cultizm sold them.

20 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

I've just seen that Son of a Stag in London are re-releasing the H.D. Lee archives collection, exclusive to them if l've read it right. No link because l've forgotten how to do it but they had the full set of raw and pre-distressed denims (3 101 cowboy pants, 131 cowboy pants, 3 different lee 91J  loco jackets, lee cowboy jacket and lee dungarees in raw denim and in raw ecru! Also the earliest type of 191-J and a 50's lee riders jean.

I'm sure somebody with better tech skills than me can post the link up here :smile:

Lee Archives collection

8 minutes ago, CSL said:

It all looks great. I particularly like the model with the orange stitching. 

I still have some of those & other Lees from when Cultizm sold them.

If it's the 1930 Lee 101 Cowboy pant then that's what l have (2 pairs of) and the matching jacket. Beautiful pieces and they weren't cheap at the time (£150 for the jeans and jacket back in 2012) and hunting down NOS pieces was nigh on impossible. 

Have you posted pics of your Lee stuff here before Carl?

On 7/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, Dr_Heech said:

Have you posted pics of your Lee stuff here before Carl?

Dr_Heech, No I haven't. I did on DB back in the day.

I think I have the one with the orange stitching, I started wearing it again. Bought it in 2009. Also have a cowboy pants with the triple stich seam, hidden selvedge. Unfortunately the pocket bag peeps out at the front. I don’t like that look.

this collection looks great, probably to steep in price for my liking and shipping from the uk makes it even worse for me

I'll dig em out & photo in about a week.

Off to France today!