Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

that's only 6+1 jackets - there is still room to add another jacket or two...type 1 and pleated blouse type jackets are missing.

Edited by Foxy2

Just got these gently used ‘52 Riders by Edwin. 

They’re still kind of crispy but the previous owner must’ve sized down a lot ‘cause the waistband and button hole’s severely stretched, even after a 40C wash.

F497F481-9806-4730-B05F-EAB9571F32D3.jpeg

90DD9427-85E9-421A-AB10-8DB15F6ED8BA.jpeg

C35F2E5E-E7A2-4623-B955-9F8C26BEBA2A.jpeg

E279F953-A46B-49A4-B1AE-7C6EEA094CDD.jpeg

1422BED1-9357-439A-A174-CA5E4F728E30.jpeg

8162423F-D178-4026-9230-086C7D479986.jpeg

517FAE29-87C6-44DE-B3FD-792A2D9F476F.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I just won a yahoo auctions bid on this Sugar Cane Storm Rider repro. I’ve been wanting a Lee style jacket for a while and this was the right size, condition, and price. My only issue is that I can’t find any information on this style anywhere on the internet. Is anyone familiar with this model? I’m mostly want to know what denim is used (it’s blue line selvedge and LHT) and what year it cane out. 

3CCEFEEA-A7CA-46B2-8DA0-CC210AF5F4A3.jpeg

Edited by cusswords

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pair of '52 in a size 33" waist and I would normally be a 34" in Levi's and Warehouse. I had no trouble fitting into them to be honest as they stretch so much even after the shrink, if remember correctly the raw waist was about 36". They were very light and I eventually sold them as they lost their shape after a couple of days wear. They really are very stretchy.

Edited by 501XX4EVER

19 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Spiraltoy what are the measurements of the 1952? And also, did they shrink much? 

As I bought them used I’m not 100% sure about the shrinkage but they shrank a good deal when I did A 40c wash. Back pocket lining (which shrunk more than the denim) made the back pockets scrunch up a lot.

image.jpg

These are the measurements of my 30/33

Waist: 40,5cm,    

FR: 28,5cm,   BR: 37cm,                                

Thigh(10cm from crotch): 28cm,

Inseam: 86,5cm

Edited by Spiraltoy

On 4/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, Spiraltoy said:

As I bought them used I’m not 100% sure about the shrinkage but they shrank a good deal when I did A 40c wash. Back pocket lining (which shrunk more than the denim) made the back pockets scrunch up a lot.

image.jpg

Yea, mine did that as well only a little more on the extreme side, it was one of the things I didn't really like about them after a while, that and the fact that they really felt like I was wearing a pair of Boot Cut jeans. Glad I experienced them but I don't think I'd go for a pair again.

Just now, Spiraltoy said:

@501XX4EVER Yeah for some reason I get much more of a cowboy vibe off of these than pretty much any Levi’s, let alone from the same era! Dono why they haven’t aged as well. 

Yes, I was kinda being polite with the Boot Cut comparison, there were times when they felt like flares!!! Left hand twill seems to have it's own rules, I think because it's a lot smoother it doesn't seem to "degrade" in the same way, e.g. it's almost impossible to get left hand twill to have any kind of roping on the hems.

• 2 weeks later...

Lee 101-Z Rider 1952. The "James Dean" jeans.

These jeans are really nice. They are from "The Archives" line and should be made by Edwin in Japan. Made of 13 3/4 oz denim, LHT of course, and they feature the half-selvedge. The back pockets are half-ined and the lining is so thick, it feels like the jeans are padded. Although they are sanforized, the pair came one-wash. Size 33.
The back pockets are surprisingly small.

hYGBimll.jpgIIT1p0Xl.jpg

8AinooAh.jpghj0Dzv7h.jpg

TJwH5S7h.jpg

tIJN4Wxh.jpg

VJ9vTbph.jpg

d6Anvcfh.jpg

b9JoVLgh.jpg

56 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Lee 101-Z Rider 1952. The "James Dean" jeans.

These jeans are really nice. They are from "The Archives" line and should be made by Edwin in Japan. Made of 13 3/4 oz denim, LHT of course, and they feature the half-selvedge. The back pockets are half-ined and the lining is so thick, it feels like the jeans are padded. Although they are sanforized, the pair came one-wash. Size 33.
The back pockets are surprisingly small.

hYGBimll.jpgIIT1p0Xl.jpg

Yes, they are the same ones that I had, I completely forgot about the back pockets, I remember the stitching came loose on the "inside" of one of them as my wallet is quite think/fat and I think it stressed the threads out a bit, especially as I cycle, so there was probably a bit to much pressure there. They look like they could do with another wash, still very raw looking.

Nice one! In your possession? 

For anyone interested, here are the measurements of the Lee 101Z 1952. Size 33x34, came in a somewhat one-wash condition.

Waist: 34.5”
Front rise: 12.5”
Back rise: 15.75”
Hip: 21.5”
Thigh: 12.75”
Knee: 9.5
Leg opening: 8.5”
Inseam: 36”

It’s the second day I’m wearing them and I am really pleased. Have to check how much they stretched but not too much I guess since they aren’t tight.
I paid roughly 160€ for them with shipping and I really think at this price point they surpass Levi’s and their LVC line. Or to rephrase myself: that’s what LVC should cost :D

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

For anyone interested, here are the measurements of the Lee 101Z 1952. Size 33x34, came in a somewhat one-wash condition.

Waist: 34.5”
Front rise: 12.5”
Back rise: 15.75”
Hip: 21.5”
Thigh: 12.75”
Knee: 9.5
Leg opening: 8.5”
Inseam: 36”

It’s the second day I’m wearing them and I am really pleased. Have to check how much they stretched but not too much I guess since they aren’t tight.
I paid roughly 160€ for them with shipping and I really think at this price point they surpass Levi’s and their LVC line. Or to rephrase myself: that’s what LVC should cost :D

Yea, yea, yea, that's all very well, but what everybody really wants to know is, do they have a double chain stitched outseam???(I'm betting that they do:D:D:D)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ so much for "this weekend"

Anyway, here are some phone-quality detail shots. Cane's Riders, circa early '90s. Picked these up on Yahoo a month or two ago, still rigid. They've now been washed to shrink and worn for maybe four days. Sorry for the glare.

ScP4nHo.jpg

OURdDBx.jpg

kq2IJOM.jpg

9fg2ZDQ.jpg

uKHDWlc.jpg

ayXwSbO.jpg

The fabric's started off really blue—the color is closest to true in the front and rear photos of the top block, and in the close-up of the hip pocket. Some areas are already starting to fade to an electric blue, and some stray threads in the pocket confirm that the dye doesn't go all that deep.