Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

Bobbo, have you noticed any shrinkage in your Lee 23oz after soaking?

My brand new pair is just perfect and I have not washed/soaked them yet. I do not not want ANY shrinkage. Labels are a little bit confusing (sanforized and "can shrink one size").

Edited by no-svg

Bobbo, have you noticed any shrinkage in your Lee 23oz after soaking?

My brand new pair is just perfect and I have not washed/soaked them yet. I do not not want ANY shrinkage. Labels are a little bit confusing (sanforized and "can shrink one size").

Sent you a PM.

But for others who might wonder aswell I didn't notice that much shrinkage and they stretched out quite fast.

3 month old Made in turkey Lee 101S worn 5-6 times a week. RHT with 5 belt loops.

IMAG0077_zpsebc1f363.jpg

IMAG0075_zpse2e7b6f7.jpg

IMAG0076_zps54865c5f.jpg

IMAG0069_zps6f5c18d5.jpg

Anyone have an idea as to why the knees are shiny? Wear is coming in very slowly with these even if these were like cardboard when new. Also, is the denim polish or japanese?

Edited by mousemouse

Usually (95%) Lee 101 (S and Z) are made of left-hand denim.

Your version is not so common and is right-hand. Also your selvedge does not look typical (very thin).

I have seen these on one or two web-shops.

Poland does not produce denim fabric. They make jeans (Levi's and Lee) in Lodz city in Poland.

They use denim from Japan and Turkey.

Edited by no-svg

I bought this pair from the 'european collection' section of a Lee store in Vietnam where the selection was pretty thin. I remember also seeing what seems to be one-washed Lee 101Z (too soft), some other washed/distressed 101 models and a few shirts and belts. Since this is made in Turkey, Its probably safe to assume that the fabric would be Turkish as well, or no? Also, any idea on the shiny knees and butt area?

Edited by mousemouse

I don't know any info. regarding source of denim. The most popular left-hand denim in Lee is Kaihara (12-13 oz) from Japan.

Maybe your jeans are coated version or something...

When I saw your model in the website, I thought it was fake. But now... I really don't know.

Mine 101Z (both 12,5oz and 23oz) are made in Turkey, as usual.

I also had one 101Z (12,5oz) made in Poland. I am sure these are original as well, and look the same as turkish.

I bought this pair from the 'european collection' section of a Lee store in Vietnam where the selection was pretty thin. I remember also seeing what seems to be one-washed Lee 101Z (too soft), some other washed/distressed 101 models and a few shirts and belts. Since this is made in Turkey, Its probably safe to assume that the fabric would be Turkish as well, or no? Also, any idea on the shiny knees and butt area?

Lee aren't as centralised as Levi's, as the name is licensed out in some territories which is why it's hard to know.

There's plenty of Turkish-sewn items that use fabric from Japan. VF regularly use Orta mills from Turkey, but I don't recall seeing shuttle loom fabric from Orta.

• 1 month later...

Do you guys know if these are orginal Lee (from archive collection)?

Seller has written "made in china - labels are in this language", but I guess these are from Japan (both language looks similar to east-Europe people).

Is it 1952, 101Z archive replica?

http://allegro.pl/me...3117160590.html

Edited by no-svg

• 2 weeks later...

Never managed to hook up with my photographing friend but I thought I'd share some pics anyway of my 101z 23oz after ~4 months of wear. The fades are slighlty more pronounced in reality but I did expect it to fade faster than this. Still like them quite much though!

First some fitpics:

Photo2013-03-28160137_zps45707763.jpg

Photo2013-03-28160237_zps9183e357.jpg

And the rest:

Photo2013-03-29102802_zpsd26a8e46.jpg

Photo2013-03-29102622_zps58f37fcd.jpg

Photo2013-03-29102822_zps6649270b.jpg

Photo2013-03-29102730_zpsf3cb6a66.jpg

Photo2013-03-29102713_zps66e51135.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not a repro but these are calling my name, especially with a 13650yen price tag...There are 3 pairs, each featuring different denim from Nihon Menpu, Kaihara, and Kurabo.

http://www.lee-japan.jp/101project/regular_straight

ntdc.jpg

In the regular straight fit:

Nihon Menpu: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edwinshop/lm9601-100/

Kurabo: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edwinshop/lm9601-200/

Kaihara: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edwinshop/lm9601-300/

I like how they detail the cotton source, spinning, construction, dyeing etc.:

tqpi.jpg

Edited by aho

• 3 months later...

Early-VF US made, bootcut, non selvage left hand twill, talon zipper. I've worn these from deadstock, on and off for a couple of years (there are pictures of them new somewhere back in this thread!) Plenty of washes. The patch was leather, not hair-on, and cracked up and fell off pretty quickly after a swim in a lake  :)

10343477864_2203863dfd_z.jpg

10343487166_088e312994_z.jpg\

10343461974_6b0ab76c4d_z.jpg

I went to a second hand shop run by a church here in Göteborg Sweden and found two pairs of NOS Lee jeans.

First pair is a pair of Lee 101Z with all tags left I think these might be from the 60-70s but I hope someone on here can help me date them and maybe tell me roughly whats the value, the size is 42/34

Second pair is a pair of carpenters pants with all tags left exept one, these are size 42/28 I do not know what the model is called but I found a tag inside one of the rear pockets.

Here is a link to some pictures https://www.dropbox....1jb6/R6ejbO1fVp

I paid 4 euros for both of them which I think was a steal even though they are more than 10 inches to big for me. I want to know if there is any value in them and in that case maybe trade them for something that does fit me. Otherwise I might sew a bag out of the fabric or just keep them for my collection.

So please help me identify the models, years and value

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cross post from Warehouse thread:

If anyone else picks up a pair of the late 40s WarehouseXLee 101Zs, and get them hemmed, please let me know.  I'd like to get my hands on some extra fabric to use to make longer belt loops for my pair.  They're only long enough to accept a 1 1/2" belt, and I'd like them to be able to fit a 1 5/8" belt.  

• 2 months later...

I have some BNWT Lee Hair-on-Hide 1937 model in a tagged 30/33 (actual is 32.5/38) for sale for £130 plus shipping.

Check the sales link in my signature for details.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 9 months later...

Anyone know the current status of Lee contracting? Seems like it's been a while since I've seen a Lee x Warehouse pair, and a majority of the Edwin Lee's haven't been seeing steady releases. Not sure if that was always the case but I've been a hankering for some Leepro's in my life, particularly 1936 101B's...The 52 seems to be the standard Edwin though?