Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

here comes the google version:

Work brand, "Can not bus system" to get the support from fans as vintage brand of illusion. F & E will obtain the denim pants are manufactured in the 1930s, was realized reprint of denim pants of illusion has been considered to be less difficult to reprint the original in existence. To a large cloth patch was placed on the waist portion of chicken is a brand icon is drawn to colorful, detail such as the unique shape of the peak in the center buckle back, suspender buttons, the front pocket is intact, a sense of size and silhouette incorporating the atmosphere of the "now". Wash one.

i love the "can not bus system" part.

Posted · Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given

I love Lee's too! I outgrew my made in Japan Lee:

Cowboys lot 1101 bucklebacks 29/31.5 (TAG SIZE 30") one wash dark cond. $75

ww2 lot 2101 inverted Levi arcuate & laurel top button 31/32 (TAG SIZE 30") some fading. $65

both have some heel wear. I can send pics. to email only.

I also have access to other Lee Cowboys, '60s 101J size38 (china), and more. Ask for inventory list.

Adam

S.Korea

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a pair of Lee '37's from Aero and really like them, I wore them yesterday for the first time and wore them dry. The tag says 38waist and 33leg but the leg is nearer 38 at least! I've got some pretty major turn ups / cuffs as I've got shorter legs!

Should I expect any shrinkage in leg length? If not I may get them taken up. Is there anywhere in the UK recommened to take up Lee's?

Cheers all

I picked up a pair of Lee '37's from Aero and really like them, I wore them yesterday for the first time and wore them dry. The tag says 38waist and 33leg but the leg is nearer 38 at least! I've got some pretty major turn ups / cuffs as I've got shorter legs!

Should I expect any shrinkage in leg length? If not I may get them taken up. Is there anywhere in the UK recommened to take up Lee's?

Cheers all

Cary at Department of Works shortened mine, chainstitch of course, and did a terrific job. Stitching is the perfect colour.

Cheers all

don't fret. if you like the size and fit, turn 'em inside out and machine wash 'em in cold water, no detergent. this'll prevent bleeding of indigo on your shirts in future wears (maybe you want to wash them with some denim that are fading). this conserves water and indigo dye:) hell, why don't you rubberband some white tee shirts and throw em in and make your own tie-dye shirts. throw up two-finger 'peace' signs to all your friends, palms out. if they talk shite, palms in. anyway, hang them by the belt loops to dry and you'll see how they've shrunk.

if they're too big, wash in hot water.

as far as having them shortened, (i'm guessing the uk is the same) any place you go will have the same color thread. just show them the original stitch (double-stitch) and ask them if they can duplicate it. you may want to say that you will 'burn down' their shop if they half-ass a single stitch hem.

i'm surprised when i buy 2nd hand clothes from japan. many used pieces will have a single stitch hem. i'm guessing that the tailors were local, or lazy. with so many fashion mags on the japn mrkt i thought all of the consumers would be more knowledgeable. it looks as if it's the sufu folks who are spreading the know-how these days.

Finally, when they start to stink, buy a bottle of fabreeze, spray 'em , do a nose-to-nut check and hang 'em outside in the sun (inside out) and make those puppies yours!

take my advice with a grain of salt, and may your pockets grow deep in your new Lee's.

lee.jpg

fuck. you either can't read properly or you're just some sort of smartass. regarding your latest posts all over superdenim, i am leaning towards the latter

dude, chill. I clicked on the link in japanese and read to the best of my ability. you said you didn't know who made them. are you looking for the man's name at the sewing machine???

i apologize if you mistake me for a smart ass. I was just trying to help. The written word can be easily misread.

again, i am truly sorry for upsetting you.

you said you didn't know who made them. are you looking for the man's name at the sewing machine???

i apologize if you mistake me for a smart ass. I was just trying to help. The written word can be easily misread.

again, i am truly sorry for upsetting you.

Really?

aedressler, i highly doubt that f&e is running its own clothing factory where their shirts, vests, jackets, pants, hats, shoes, bags and other goods are made. i have no problem if you proof me wrong. as it looks like that you live in japan, you might can pay their presumably workshop a visit one day and post a review. but please use your own pics this time.

Cheers all

my 36 waist lee's will shrink down to approx 37 inside leg with a warm soak. not much and no wear near 33 so you may want to have them hemmed once you've soaked them.

I can recommend ironheart for hemming. http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=101

• 3 weeks later...

An interim wash for the 101B... got em muddy so this was just a quick hand wash.

Maybe four months' consistent wear, these are fast faders. I ike the colour, similar feel to the LVC 201, similar greencast but paler and crock a lot more easily. they're grayer and darker in real life.

They shrank maybe an inch in the length, nothing round the waist.

lee101b.jpg

Edited by Paul T

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread.

I just noticed that the cinch buckle on my 1937 hair-on-hides (I'm pretty sure they're 1937 rather than '36) as they have the 'Cowboy' button) is of the same useless construction that LVC provide on their bucklebacks. The back bar is split and breaks into 2 pieces as soon as you remove the top bar to expose the points that grip the cinch.

Somehow, I didn't expect this from Lee.

• 1 month later...

No leepro but from the current lee guys and their 101 line (inspired by the past but with a modern twist)

Lee 101 Z dry 23oz

2336_0.jpg

2336_1.jpg

2336_2.jpg

2336_3.jpg

2336_4.jpg

Pics taken from cultizm. They are also available in other stores. Kinda interesting to see Lee taken part with this modern selvage and heavy denim trend. But AFAIK they had some selvage pairs for years now. Not only in their "Archives line" but now also in their "101 line"

I was at tokyo Hands, one of the best shops in the world todauy - 7 floors of Japanese hardware, envelopes, travel accessories, everything one needs in the world. On the top floor, all the staff were wearing Lee Duck aprons... I haven't seen them before, they're very cool.

Edited by Paul T