Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...

Despite being sanforized, how much will the 101b hair on hides shrink with washing on the:

- waist

- thigh

- length

I tried a pair on that fit pretty well raw. Would any shrinkage (other than the inseam) stretch back out with wear?

Despite being sanforized, how much will the 101b hair on hides shrink with washing on the:

- waist

- thigh

- length

I tried a pair on that fit pretty well raw. Would any shrinkage (other than the inseam) stretch back out with wear?

My Lee japanese 101zs always stretched back after washing , have owned 3 pairs in the last 5 yrs . Dont see why 1930s models wouldnt be same . But I am sure others can confirm / deny this .

Edited by mikedbt5

- waist

- thigh

- length

I have the 1936 (or 1937; can't remember and also not sure what the difference is) Hair on Hide with the cinch back and it only shrunk length wise, by around 1.5 inches. The waist remained more or less the same.

- waist

- thigh

- length

my 37's didn't shrink much at all in a medium hot soak, a little in the inseam but next to nothing in the waist from memory. i did size down to get a decent fit in the waist mind you.. i think mine are tagged 30/34 but my waist is probably 33 and they are a perfect fit... loooong inseam too. no wash for me yet.. lovely slow gradual fade.

Edited by kimi

Thanks to everyone who has given useful advice and input. I wear a 32w in most jeans and I tried on a pair of the 37s in a 30/33 and the fit was nicely snug on the waist with a bit of room on the thighs and a decent inseam.

They seemed heavier than the advertised 11.5oz though and also felt like they could easily be worn raw, as they were quite smooth and not too stiff. It may be the left hand twill.

Bought the 1936/37 101B hair on hides for £100 from la1 in Camden - last pair they had in stock and a good deal in my opinion. Although they'll be sitting in my denim stockpile for a while, they look a great pair of jeans - lower in the rise and slimmer than I'd originally anticipated, which is a positive as I thought they may be slightly balloonesque.

Denim is beautiful and construction top-notch. When I compare them to my LVC 1937s, the latter really seem a bit flimsy and possibly cheap, in comparison. I look forward to sporting these very much.

Bought the 1936/37 101B hair on hides for £100 from la1 in Camden - last pair they had in stock and a good deal in my opinion. Although they'll be sitting in my denim stockpile for a while, they look a great pair of jeans - lower in the rise and slimmer than I'd originally anticipated, which is a positive as I thought they may be slightly balloonesque.

Denim is beautiful and construction top-notch. When I compare them to my LVC 1937s, the latter really seem a bit flimsy and possibly cheap, in comparison. I look forward to sporting these very much.

Do start wearing them - so I can spot you on the street!

I've been wearing my 30s pair with braces (suspenders to you yanks) since January... it's a revelation, really, they just don't hang right with a belt. I think they're fast faders, even more so than my 101Z.

Do start wearing them - so I can spot you on the street!

I've been wearing my 30s pair with braces (suspenders to you yanks) since January... it's a revelation, really, they just don't hang right with a belt. I think they're fast faders, even more so than my 101Z.

I'll team them with my new AS Montagues to aid your recognition even more. Plus I have a traverse Mohican - like a standard one turned at 90 degrees, running from ear to ear like a pair of headphones!

Upon examining my 1930s Hair on Hides, the weave seems to run in the same direction as my rht twill jeans, although I thought these were LHT. Can anyone shed any light on this?

It's post-war Lee that are LHT. Can't remember off-hand when they switched but I think it was circa 1947

It would be interesting to know why they switched to LHT - It's not that common on denim, in the old days, most likely it accentuated their difference from Levi's.

Lee's main USP was always the fact they were Sanforized, it featured in lots of ads. Altho Levi's used Sanforized fabric, they nearly always called it "Pre Shrunk", probably so it didn't look like they were copying Lee.

the denim on my 37's really feels very soft and very tight.. unlike any other denim i'v owned before. I presumed this was because it was lht. i

I'm gonna have to get a pair with lht to see what I'm missing.

• 2 weeks later...