Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

Hey stranger, good to see you posting here again - you gonna try and get some more pics up of those 30's 101's? If i remember they looked rad with a big cuff, whereas mine were hemmed (by me mam), a decision i now truly regret :(

Love the 'stovepipe topblock' as joeseph hill puts it, and the authentic details make them real value for money.

Edited by Dr_Heech

@ Fardin and Happy Hooligan (in particular) knowing your passion for Lee stuff -

Beautifull old Lee 191-LB with the earliest blanket lining, in great condition and size -

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Does anyone know if this type of blanket material was produced by troy mills?

I've owned an early 101-LJ with the same (alaskan) lining, but it's much thinner than the later models, with the Troy mills label intact, from 1960 onwards. Is there a troy mills thread perhaps that I've missed?

Edited by Dr_Heech

that denim on that lee is amazing (especially that close up of the pocket)

I think the sleeves would be too short plus that's a hefty 46 size. But wow. I love they just put the tag on the collar like that.

wow awesome, a bit to big for me, but .....

thank you dr.

try to take some pics of the warehouse 1920s lee tomorrow

that denim on that lee is amazing (especially that close up of the pocket)

I think the sleeves would be too short plus that's a hefty 46 size. But wow. I love they just put the tag on the collar like that.

Too big for me too unfortunately.

Did a little googling on troy mills blanket material, looks like they started supplying Levis and Lee with their lining for denim jackets in 1931 or '32, so that answers my question. Shame, troy mills shut down in 2001.

i cant wait for the warehouse lee cowboy lined jacket from the 30s. will be interesting to see the lining. it is supposed to be a copy of a 32 model. pity it lacks a corduroy collar. still i had the feeling that warehouse was going to make a copy, since we have been talking about it two or three years ago. finally

i cant wait for the warehouse lee cowboy lined jacket from the 30s. will be interesting to see the lining. it is supposed to be a copy of a 32 model. pity it lacks a corduroy collar. still i had the feeling that warehouse was going to make a copy, since we have been talking about it two or three years ago. finally

It will be interesting to see that lining. Both the 1879 Lvc 1st pleated blouse, the Lee late 1960's 101lj and the 1950's Lee (mccoys or warehouse/cant remember now) didn't use the troy mills type. Considering the mill closed down in 2001, i can see why now. Must be hard to reproduce this (og '53-'56 101lj) -

sufu101LJ008.jpg

or either of these (og early '60's 101lj's) -

011-1.jpg

Also have a new (well old) purchase with the troy mills lining.

Pics to come soon on the Levis vintage thread.

Edited by Dr_Heech

• 2 weeks later...

wow paul looking great, and nice pic. sos did you give it a soke? i remeber the pic when you gotg em raw. waring my new 1936 hair on hide. bought em last year but wore the roys , so they didnt get a lot of wear.

the jacket looks great too deluxe!!!

wow paul looking great, and nice pic. sos did you give it a soke? i remeber the pic when you gotg em raw. waring my new 1936 hair on hide. bought em last year but wore the roys , so they didnt get a lot of wear.

the jacket looks great too deluxe!!!

Same here, I wore these a matter of weeks before the Roy x Cone. Great jeans for £75. I haven't soaked, altho I've been caught in the rain a couple of times, shock horror. I sized em so they'll still be long enough if they shrink, and there's a good amount of space around the thighs and seat.

the denim weight is the same in all of em, the color is different though. the color of the 1930s is much lighter, the 1936 one is darker and hairy. the cut of the 1930 seems more like a straight cut, in comparison to the 1936, and the 131b is more a dungarees cut too. all are cut pretty high, hope that helps, just check out the lee japan site you can see em all. expet the 1934, i dont think they produce it anymore.

by the way talking about 30s lee jean.... yeaha!

http://ware-house.co...=catalog&cgc=68

Edited by fardin

Excellent collection of 37's there deluxe, i love mine but have neglected them a little recently in favour of a pair of roys' that i'm trying to break in. Gonna get back to them soon though and its really nice to see some faded examples of that amazing (and so soft) denim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...