Leepro Appreciation

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this here on the tenuous basis that Lee fans might also be fans of what is now their sister brand, Wrangler.

Took a little detour this lunchtime and found a pair of 13MWZ, in 30W (34leg?) for £39. yes, £39. These are glorious jeans. It pained me to walk away.

The same store had a bunch of LVC at £62: the 1933, in 34/34 and 34/36, plus a 1901 in 34/36.

p1050231.jpg

p1050232.jpg

Website is www.thestorerooms.com. I spoke to one of the owners, Laurent, who after chiding me gently for taking photos without asking first, was very helpful.

Nice Paul! I was always surprised that Wrangler never got a lot of love here. I recently sold an old, worn pair (from high school with multiple summers' of oil rig work on 'em!) for nice coin, as they were too small for me.

And there are only a few repros that I can think of offhand. Why is that :confused:

Nice Wranglers, was toying with the idea of getting some for quite some time...trying to avoid getting any new denim this year though...

Update on my 1930 101Bs that I started wearing at the start of the year, washed at the weekend and starting to show some character...some nice shades and fades starting to show now:

dscf0857c.jpg

dscf0858z.jpg

dscf0859b.jpg

dscf0861q.jpg

dscf0862bm.jpg

dscf0864st.jpg

dscf0866u.jpg

they look great crash, its strange how light those 1930s are compared to the other lees. still love mines, and its nice some have em too here. thanks for the update

^ those look great CTB

I recently bought a lee 101b by the real mccoy's. I never bought a lee before and ended up buying true size but I think the fit is pretty good on me after a 60 degrees first wash in the washing machine.

depan-k.jpg

back-k.jpg

Here's another example of a modern LEE interpretation made by SDA (SDA XS-30 L "INDY", limited anniversary model, x-posted from the SDA thread):

dsci0450.jpg

faoorpq8.jpg

496.jpg

496b.jpg

Besides the outstanding quality of their 14 oz. LHT purple selvage I really love the more fitted position of the backpockets.

Yep, terrific drz, will be back to rep when I can. A great, no-nonsense fit.

Same goes for ctb, you're way ahead of me with those jeans but they look terrific. I've been wearing my knackered old 101Z since I pulled them out for the white T day, and there's a real family resemblance - a smooth look to the fading, because they're Sanforized I guess, and a real turquoise cast to the denim.

Some great pics, everyone...loving both the SDA's and the McCoy's, and crownzip's watch pic is quality :)

Same goes for ctb, you're way ahead of me with those jeans but they look terrific. I've been wearing my knackered old 101Z since I pulled them out for the white T day, and there's a real family resemblance - a smooth look to the fading, because they're Sanforized I guess, and a real turquoise cast to the denim.

I 'broke' them on my mountain bike, one reason why I tend not to solely wear one pair over a period of time - gotta give them some 'rest time'...and anyway, I won't let one pair of jeans dictate what I wear on the rest of me - that's what trainers are for ;)

I really wish I'd taken to my 101Zs that I posted back in March '09; I'm always aware that the pockets on them make my arse look like a small planet (well, that's where I'm laying the blame, and I'm damned if I'll hear anything different!). Having said that, the 101Bs aren't exactly flattering on the rear, although I love the fit on the leg:

dscf0870qr.jpg

dscf0869e.jpg

Compared to the 101Z fit:

dscf0874x.jpg

dscf0875rj.jpg

+rep for CTB and drz....good stuff.

crownzip....would rep but must spread etc. Has your girlfriend got any sisters though? Those Waltham railway watches are beautiful.

I'm about a month in on my 1930 101b's and they're already starting to show some whiskering. I'm surprised, I though they would be much slower.

Like fardin, i love the colour.....very different than anything else I've owned.

Pics in a couple more months if there is anything worth seeing.

Where can I get information on the different Lee fits and models? I really like the looks of of lot of the fits pics I've seen and I think I'd like to look into getting a pair but don't know where to start with info on sizing etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dang, everything you post is awesome, sixsixtie. Must spread rep :(

Basically, exactly this. Between sixsixtie and farmer, I basically need a pair of Jins.

Edit: Wow, saw the time stamp and thought I was close, but 2 pages off!

CTB - the subsequent fit pics look sick, even if Lee back pockets were not meant to flatter the rear. I need some Leepros!

Crown: as far as I know it's a throw back from the overalls which came with a watch pocket on the chest, but since they don't have chests any more ... you get the watch pocket.

drz, they look sweet. i am surprised you went true to size though because i thought you needed to size down on the 101b's? or is that just the edwin made version?

I'm not experienced with the edwin made version, but I decided to went true size because I'm just afraid if I down size it wouldn't fit. They're pretty baggy at their raw state though, hence I try to shrink them first before use.

and CTB nice fit on both of those Lees

CTB, It's encouraging to see how great your 30's Lee's are looking. I picked up a pair from oki-ni on sale thanks to Paul but haven't had the chance to wear em much.

crownzip, was this last year or so? they are not on sale right now at oki-ni

i really want to pick up a pair on sale...