Sci-Fi / Horror Movies

Guest DUM

Eraserhead

The Lost Highway

and for fun... Reboot the computer animated series... cause its just bitchin.

Fuck, beat me to it. But yeah, Eraserhead is a must. Pretty much all of David Lynch's films are out of this world

You might want to check out the Uzumaki movie. It's based on a crazy, horrific Japanese manga by the same name.

I'm just gonna chime in that Equilibrium had some neat action sequences, but I dislike Christain Bale. I respect him for being a method actor and doing some outrageous things to prepare for his roles (dropping to 130, bulking to 200 ect.) but the dude has 1 look. Its always stone cold, that was good for American Psycho and acceptable for Batman because Bruce Wayne is an asshole with an emotinal block, but im getting tired of the same energy with every character he has. Empire of the sun, he had the emotional range of one of the kids from children of the corn. Yea. I'm gonna go see 3:10 to Yuma, I like westerns.

Anyway. My favorite movie of all time is Gattica and a close second is Primer. A lot of people don't like Primer, but it was solid and was made with less money than Chris spends on clothes in a month. Go see Cure if you like Seven.

I like slasher films. You may want to check out High Tension. I found Vacancy one of the more thrilling movies I've seen in a while. It did a good job of keeping me on edge. Dead Silence was kinda funny towards the end, I though it was clever. Dummys are up there with clowns in creepiness. I don't know.

I like Italics

i saw "im not there" (bob dylan inspired, gere, bale, ledger, blanchett) last weekend at the film festival and christian bale was pretty much my favourite part of the movie

it;s actually really good, albeit really weird, and not at all horror/scifi

i wanna add cannibal holocaust > cannibal ferox, if only for the scene where cannibal dude slaps the table down on the guys head and then lops off the top of his skull and eats his brain

and i dont know how you feel about WW2 era japanese torture camps, but men behind the sun is a fucking crazy, and depressing as hell, movie

speaking of george romero...i had the pleasure of attending the "world premiere" of the new "dead" movie "diary of the dead" at the toronto film festival. it is very good...much better than "land of the dead". it was purchased so should be in theatres sometime in 2008. worth seeing.

saw a couple others - of note, a french one buy the director of the forthcoming film "hitman" - the movie is called "frontiere(s)". not very original, but an interesting spin on a texas chainsaw massacre-esque survival film.

Inland Empire

+ more David Lynch.

Also David Cronenberg shit like...

The Fly

Scanners

Videodrome

etc.

Robinson Crusoe on Mars just came out from criterion, also La Jetée / Sans Soleil.

Stalker, Solaris from Tarkovsky

Terry Gilliam's Brazil already mentioned but is a must...

Also there's Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. Some love it, some hate it.

Children of Men is wonderful also, but I'm sure you've seen it already.

Oh, also The Host.

i heard diary of the dead was absolutely awful. if i remember correctly the reviewer said "you've never seen so few zombies in a zombie movie"

im not impressed.

i've not read anything bad about it yet, so don't judge until you've seen it. it's a bit preachy, but overall a good movie (far better than the last).

ha! i just watched big trouble in little china again.

john carpenter's synth is mighty.

i watched inland empire and if sucked sucked sucked. probably the worst and most difficult to watch lynch film ever.

ha! i just watched big trouble in little china again.

john carpenter's synth is mighty.

i watched inland empire and if sucked sucked sucked. probably the worst and most difficult to watch lynch film ever.

truly. its so ponderous and pisses me off. just everything about it. well shot though.

and yes, They Live is one of the most important mid-budget/ridiculous films in the sci-fi/horror genre

fHgcfpgJP3U

truly. its so ponderous and pisses me off. just everything about it. well shot though.

quote]

indeed. shit was so long. could somebody tell me what it's supposed to be about (i have an idea...)?

and whats up with the credits segment? some bitch lip singing that one african song...

did anyone watch the extra deleted scenes on the 2nd disc? i felt like i was watching the film again, cause the transitions in it were total shit.

quote]

indeed. shit was so long. could somebody tell me what it's supposed to be about (i have an idea...)?

and whats up with the credits segment? some bitch lip singing that one african song...

did anyone watch the extra deleted scenes on the 2nd disc? i felt like i was watching the film again, cause the transitions in it were total shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Empire_%28film%29

even that description doesn't do the actual concept justice. too many layers. its like an infinite onion or something. he was able to fit so much in, and yet, not even have the audience be able to scratch the surface.