Guest DUM

Sci-Fi / Horror Movies

t16953frolp.jpg

not futuristic rez evil looking. no alien/robot things that eat people. just humans eating other humans -- an underrated guy pearce and robert carlyle cannibalism flick set at an army outpost in the california sierra mountains after the mexican-american war and right before the american civil war. it's really good.

ravenous is awesome.

im going to see alone later tonight. ill report back

Dark City got slept on in 1998, and totally forgotten following The Matrix. It preceeds The Matrix's use of a cyberpunk influenced setting and religious symbols, but uses it as a background for its own murderous noir plot. A scifi classic in the purest sense.

1028d1141066493-march-movie-dark-city-darkcity.jpg

hellraiser series has been playing all week on AMC. good stuff. they get consecutively worse, but they're fun for what they are.

what about Kenneth Anger? Lucifer Rising-if you are looking for visuals to check out then maybe FASCINATION-1979-Jean Rollin......

The man who fell to earth (sci-fi but not horror though...). I don't know any good purely horror movies.

Guest jmatsu
The man who fell to earth (sci-fi but not horror though...). I don't know any good purely horror movies.

i thought this one was fun:

black-sheep-poster.jpg

^^yeah i thought Black Sheep was great. it was a real piece of New Zealand Peter Jackson inspired fun, and i was down with the whole ridiculousness of it all. i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comedy + horror is a genre that has some potential; I liked that UK werewolf movie with the military squad training in the woods (name escapes me at the moment), this was was fun. "Come get some if you think you're hard enough!!!"

Guest DUM

^Dog Soldiers, was mentioned before and then I asked about it..guess it is good. Will have to check it then.

bumpin this thread cause it's gettin cold and need to see sci-fi/horror films.

Can't find the horror movie thread I was thinking of, so posting this here instead. The first one was great, just watched the sequel.

Incidentally, the first one was directed by Neil Marshall who also did Dog Soldiers, as discussed above.

descento.jpg

descent2poster690x1024.jpg

Anyone see House of the Devil yet? It's in my netflix queue and I've heard good things about it and wanted to know what anyone else thought about it.

Old ass thread. Let's revive it. I've been dipping in.

Maybe Mario Brava...he did Blood and Black Lace as well as Shock (1977) released in America as Behind the Door II-again check out the soundtrack.

On Amazon, I found the AIP version of Black Sabbath in widescreen, streaming for free on Prime. It's odd because that version exists mostly only on VHS and DV-R of VHS. I have a really scarce pan-n-scan version of it on LaserDisc. It's a double feature with the U.S. version of Black Sunday in full open matte!!! That LD is about the best copy I've ever seen of the AIP Black Sabbath until this.

http://www.amazon.co...s=black sabbath

****edit****Actually that film might be old enough that the LD is open matte rather and pan-n-scan. If I really start to wonder I'll dig all that shit out, set it up, and compare the screen width to Amazon's.

Edited by jyoni