Sci-Fi / Horror Movies

Guest DUM

t16953frolp.jpg

not futuristic rez evil looking. no alien/robot things that eat people. just humans eating other humans -- an underrated guy pearce and robert carlyle cannibalism flick set at an army outpost in the california sierra mountains after the mexican-american war and right before the american civil war. it's really good.

Comedy + horror is a genre that has some potential; I liked that UK werewolf movie with the military squad training in the woods (name escapes me at the moment), this was was fun. "Come get some if you think you're hard enough!!!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can't find the horror movie thread I was thinking of, so posting this here instead. The first one was great, just watched the sequel.

Incidentally, the first one was directed by Neil Marshall who also did Dog Soldiers, as discussed above.

descento.jpg

descent2poster690x1024.jpg

• 2 years later...

Old ass thread. Let's revive it. I've been dipping in.

Maybe Mario Brava...he did Blood and Black Lace as well as Shock (1977) released in America as Behind the Door II-again check out the soundtrack.

On Amazon, I found the AIP version of Black Sabbath in widescreen, streaming for free on Prime. It's odd because that version exists mostly only on VHS and DV-R of VHS. I have a really scarce pan-n-scan version of it on LaserDisc. It's a double feature with the U.S. version of Black Sunday in full open matte!!! That LD is about the best copy I've ever seen of the AIP Black Sabbath until this.

http://www.amazon.co...s=black sabbath

****edit****Actually that film might be old enough that the LD is open matte rather and pan-n-scan. If I really start to wonder I'll dig all that shit out, set it up, and compare the screen width to Amazon's.

Edited by jyoni