redwing sizing

eddyz

the thing is , i dont think we have a RW dealer here.

I am a size 10.5 E . but since most nikes and converse are hard to find in E size, i wear a size 11 - 11.5 D.

so should i buy size 10.5 then? there is a size 10 D on sale on ebay that i really want to buy since is a good price. they are 875's.

thanks

you will need insoles in my opinion. these boots are meant to last a long time, and look better with age so i say take care of your feet and the shoes with some insoles.

i am a 10.5, and purchased 10.5 because 10 and 9.5 felt uncomfortable with insoles. btw i got the shoes on ebay, but went and tried this shit out at the Culver City Redwing.

i tried on several sizes of RW 875s last month

i am a 9.5D according to cronenbergian metal measuring/torture/sex device

i wear a 10 in dunk sb, 9.5 in converse chuck taylor

in the RW 875 the 9E fit me best, but the fit was a bit goofy, so i passed

i also tried on a 9D that felt narrow at the toe

9.5D was waaaaaay too long

my advice is to size down a half size and size up in width

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a pair of the 8138's (I think). I normally wear a 10.5, but ended up getting a 9.5 that fit fine except for 1 thing, they really rub the corner of my big toe. I may take them back, but thought I'd ask about how much these things stretch out or actually, break in? Or, I guess I could sell them in the market, I got them at a pretty good price.

• 4 months later...

have been wearing my 875's for a couple of months on and off now. And I can say that the sizing was a nightmare to go through. I wear a 9- 9.5 in everything and in these I sized down one originally to an 81/2D which wound up being too long. exchanged these for an 8D and I stretched out the toe box because the E would have been too roomy. but after some wear and tear they have found there way into being one of my favorite pairs of boots.

• 5 months later...

^^You can order them in different widths. If you think your heel might slide you might also try a shoe stretcher and stretch out the front part of the shoe a little.

I saw those redwings from Jcrew... there really nice, and then I saw the price tag and felt they weren't worth it anymore, but they seemed to fit the same way any other redwing fit while I was in the store. Size down either 1/2 or a whole.

Lol fucking lol. Just typed a little story on how i paid 50Euro for some 300Euro costing 877 8" RW's when the fucking site redirects me to my log on screen and afterwards the back button could not save me. Fuck that shit anyhow. Just bought some 877 8" for 50 Euro.

Also back on topic I would like to share I wear chucks in eu43/us9.5 and the RW's 877 are 42EU/8,5US. I have some othr pair of 2970's enigineer boots which are 42EU as well but saying 8US. Designer shoes are always size 42EU 8US. So if you were chucks then imho size down one. rofl fucking lmao for the damn cheap browser UI.

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread.

im just wondering for those of you that recommend to size down, are you guys wearing them with insoles or not cause everyone who says size down never mention if theyre wearing them with an insole or not and for everyone that said they are true to size are saying you need an insole (assuming they are wearing them with).

thanks!