jessica simpson

britanny spears

david beckham

buyers

magazine editors

salespeople

waaaaaayyyyyy down on the list.....

the designers.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Quote:

ashton kutcher

jessica simpson

britanny spears

david beckham

buyers

magazine editors

salespeople

waaaaaayyyyyy down on the list.....

the designers.

--- Original message by dagsolo on Aug 8, 2005 02:00 PM

ashton kutcher

jessica simpson

britanny spears

david beckham

r u for real????

witts, you're right, I almost forgot....

at the top of the list:

celebrity stylists.

(sorry about that.)

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

i cant see how you can say the celebs in that list... especially the few you listed! ....the only celeb i respect for dress sence is pharrel

it depends what kinda fashion your talkin about here.... you can be on about highstreet where its all down to the visual merchandisers and stock buyers... or you can be talking about fashion houses... for example the designers and creators of peices

consider this:

ashton kutcher walked around and got photographed wearing a trucker hat and BOOM!

everyone's got 'em.

Britanny is pictured in Star Magazine wearing (whatever) and every girl wants the same look.

Why do you think there are so many magazine shops in the garment district?

people follow, even the designers.

you can only hope your stuff gets into one of those magazines or magically becomes "cool" by

the superfuture crowd.

that is kinda true come 2 think about it ....my friends line eze roc ... make tee's he used 2 b a footballer .... he spoke 2 joe cole and david beckham an a few other players see i they could rock some of his tee's an they did now he's made it .... but i dont want my own line i wana run my own shop.... that why im studyin fashion and retail management

"the only celeb i respect for dress sence is pharrel"

Yea like that cutting edge miami heat hat he rocks all the time now. Or the pac sun and gap stuff he used to be sponsored by..

I think you meant to say i respect the Bathing Ape clothes Pharrell is always wearing. The ones Nigo puts on his back like a black barbie ken doll every day before he walks out of his little plastic house.

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

unfortunately, dagsolo speaks the truth....the celebrities are the most influencial people in terms of STYLE, but i wouldnt say they are the most influencial in fashion overall...its too bad a majority of people would rather emulate than originate....

i gotta say though, common has some good taste in threads...

siz: have you been to agenda before?

how does it work?

How much for how much space?

are there alot of buyers?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

How the hell have you all forgotten Hedi Slimane?

--- Original message by Spike on Nov 13, 2005 06:55 PM

Yep...definitely the most important figure in menswear right now...as far as influence goes, Hedi is the Tom Ford of the 00's.

Bernard Willhelm, maybe not at the moment but in the comming years he is def gonna become a majour playa in the world..what about Raf Simmons?

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

• 2 weeks later...

1. Anna Wintour

2. Ralph Lauren/Calvin Klein, just for their size and global ubiquity.

2. Georgio Armani

3. Karl Lagerfeld

4. Muccia Prada

5. Nicholas Ghesquiere

6. John Galliano

7. Diddy/Jay Z

8. Japanese Teenagers

8. marc jacobs

9. Alber Elbaz of Lanvin

10. Stella McCartney (for her stance against using animal products and for her tapered pants)

Id say thats a pretty good list...if I am allowed to say so myself.

Edited by sleazie ninja number 47 on Nov 30, 2005 at 04:55 PM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...